Author Topic: Too busy with work to want a relationship  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Dreamer23

Too busy with work to want a relationship
« on: January 30, 2019, 02:58:11 AM »
I hear this a lot from psychics: POI is too busy with work to want a relationship. Or finances are a problem. Or "home life" (whatever that means) is not good.

I have a hard time believing that someone will deliberately not want a relationship because of work commitments.

Sometimes I know that happens, especially if a relationship is becoming more serious and maybe someone is not where they want to be financially. So that makes sense.

But I hear this way too often and it makes me feel like it's a cold read line...

Offline Dreamer23

Re: Too busy with work to want a relationship
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 03:37:48 AM »
I hear this a lot from psychics: POI is too busy with work to want a relationship. Or finances are a problem. Or "home life" (whatever that means) is not good.

I have a hard time believing that someone will deliberately not want a relationship because of work commitments.

Sometimes I know that happens, especially if a relationship is becoming more serious and maybe someone is not where they want to be financially. So that makes sense.

But I hear this way too often and it makes me feel like it's a cold read line...

It can be a cold line depends on the context. but it also depends on the type of man your POI is lol. Does he work a lot or no? I mean you know him better than the reader. Wanting to be financially secure before providing something is an issue with a lot of guys, well people in general lol but mostly men cause they feel they need to be the provider. If he's more traditional, then that will be def the case. That line wouldn't be applicable to every guy I've been with but applicable to "my usual type" because i like ambitious, career-focused men.

That makes sense. That's why I sort of believe it but I have known him for over 7 years so for this to apply for so long, it's kind of strange.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 03:42:30 AM »
I got this line when my ex was already on disability and planning to never work again.

Hah! Incredible...those cold reads, they always confuse me.

ladya

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 03:47:40 AM »
Also I want to add. If they say something about family or whatever else, a legit psychic should be able to pinpoint what and who. Like if they say something about home or family. Ok well what and who is it involving. They have to give you something. That’s like when they say I see some kind of loss. Loss of what??? I lose my socks all the time in the washing machine;D

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 03:57:54 AM »
Also I want to add. If they say something about family or whatever else, a legit psychic should be able to pinpoint what and who. Like if they say something about home or family. Ok well what and who is it involving. They have to give you something. That’s like when they say I see some kind of loss. Loss of what??? I lose my socks all the time in the washing machine;D

I agree, it needs to be specific. I did have someone say something about POI's father's health issues. But I can't confirm that really. It's not like his father is in the hospital or anything like that.

The most confusing phrase to me is: home life. What does that mean? If the person lives alone and parents are in another state, what does home life mean?

ladya

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »

I agree, it needs to be specific. I did have someone say something about POI's father's health issues. But I can't confirm that really. It's not like his father is in the hospital or anything like that.

The most confusing phrase to me is: home life. What does that mean? If the person lives alone and parents are in another state, what does home life mean?

I’m assuming family life? Idk I feel it would be more applicable if a person had kids. But maybe it’s referring to him not liking where he lives or issues with his relatives. It could mean a million things.

Offline Kat23

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 05:11:28 PM »
I got this line when my ex was already on disability and planning to never work again.

His fingers are also on disability when it comes to dialing your number or texting you... even if POI is career oriented, ambitious,  24 hours in a day, 7 days a week, and he couldn't find the time to text or call you?  that's show where you stand in his prority....nowhere..

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 06:38:04 PM »

His fingers are also on disability when it comes to dialing your number or texting you... even if POI is career oriented, ambitious,  24 hours in a day, 7 days a week, and he couldn't find the time to text or call you?  that's show where you stand in his prority....nowhere..

Tbh yes youre right in one aspect but kind of a black/white perspective on the other hand. For instance, sometimes I just don't want to talk or text anyone doesnt mean I don't care about people or whatever else might be the matter. There's guys that will give you all the attention and contact you all the time and then be doing it to 10 other women as well. Then there'll be a guy with not much time but will text when they can who is genuine but you might brush him off to the side because you might take it as hes ignoring you. Its all a matter of perspective and dependent on the person.

Very true.

But I look at someone like my current boss.. I mean the typical Typa A workaholic millionaire. But always has time for his partner. I think that it does depend on the person though. The question is can you deal with taking a backseat to what ever else is going on in his life?  At least, that’s how I look at it lol.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 11:58:06 PM »

His mind was broken not his fingers. That's why he went on disability and it's why he shut me out and stopped talking to me. It wouldn't have mattered where I stood with him, he just couldn't meet me there.

That's pretty sad :(   I am sure that must have been so hard for you.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 01:08:01 AM »

Tbh yes youre right in one aspect but kind of a black/white perspective on the other hand. For instance, sometimes I just don't want to talk or text anyone doesnt mean I don't care about people or whatever else might be the matter. There's guys that will give you all the attention and contact you all the time and then be doing it to 10 other women as well. Then there'll be a guy with not much time but will text when they can who is genuine but you might brush him off to the side because you might take it as hes ignoring you. Its all a matter of perspective and dependent on the person.

Very true.

But I look at someone like my current boss.. I mean the typical Typa A workaholic millionaire. But always has time for his partner. I think that it does depend on the person though. The question is can you deal with taking a backseat to what ever else is going on in his life?  At least, that’s how I look at it lol.

I completely understand what youre saying. It depends on the type of person they are and type of person you are, ya know? Like for me, my relationships (of all kinds) are important but I've put them on the backburner majority of my life for what I want out of life. Maybe that's why I'm more understanding of that mentality. Who knows? Some women need a man who is very attentive and theres others where its not up there on a priority list. I mean everyone needs attention its just levels and what you personally need. It's all very individual. I want to be a priority in my man's life but I never want to be number 1. I believe you should always number 1 in your life because at the end of the day, you can only really count on yourself. Maybe life has made me jaded or cynical but to me it's like you never know what might happen so for me to forego my own desires, dreams, and goals, and make someone my number 1 for that to possibly go away one day and what will that leave me with? Just my 2 cents.

Yep makes tons of sense 🙂

Offline Member5

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 06:45:38 AM »
I’m in that place now. Completely lost interest in dating and very enthusiastic and ambitious with my work life at the moment. Both happened at separate times too. At this very moment I have no clue when/if I’ll be interested in it again. If I happen to be anyone’s POI I apologize and please don’t waste your money getting readings on me. I’m not scared, I’m not calling in two weeks, I’m not hurting because of an ex, I’m just loving ME!

Offline psychicaddict22

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 04:47:14 AM »
I’m in that place now. Completely lost interest in dating and very enthusiastic and ambitious with my work life at the moment. Both happened at separate times too. At this very moment I have no clue when/if I’ll be interested in it again. If I happen to be anyone’s POI I apologize and please don’t waste your money getting readings on me. I’m not scared, I’m not calling in two weeks, I’m not hurting because of an ex, I’m just loving ME!

Omg lol... after this and another recent post I am wondering if I ever have been anyone's POI, and it has me questioning how I would feel about it and how someone else might feel knowing I had called about them?