Author Topic: Spiritualist Reader (Cookie)  (Read 917257 times)

Offline DreamLoveBelieve

Re: Spiritualist Reader (Cookie)
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:26 AM »
I'm with you!!  Cookie has given me some SCARILY accurate information about people around me, but in regards to what I am calling about.....nothing....yet...

I think she is a great reader to touch base with every few months BUT I am a very strong believer in knowing a reader's strengths and how that will play into the situation you are calling about.  For example, I don't call Cookie if I want to know what someone is feeling...I call an Empath for that!! 

Offline curiousgirl

« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2012, 02:55:36 AM »
I'll bow out of this thread now. Unfortunately there is a lot that's unethical going on on these sites, and that's part of why it's a shame the other group isn't around any longer as they had databases of info and former experts of a few sites who gave info on both what experts had access to and the info sharing. I wish you all well. I've given the info I have on Cookie and someone else both on here and email, and if I see someone else I have info on, I'll post it. Be careful....whether for fun or addiction because your life is in the toilet, there are amazing things people can do with cold reading and other informational sources that would shock you. I remember examples of it in a few situations and now I see it, sometimes it was even overt. But at the time I couldn't. Just careful...with your hopes and your wallets!

elcaliente

« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2012, 03:38:17 AM »
You eventually heal, go on to better things, and are so so soooo grateful that that cruel, disgusting person that lead you down this path did you the favor of showing you who they are and what they are certainly NOT worth!
I don't about others, but I certainly do NOT believe that I have been lead down this path by a cruel, disgusting person.

Offline jordie

• Veterans
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2012, 03:51:43 AM »
Same here smee2, no cruel disgusting person(s) in my life. Nor is my life in the toilet or any other analogies that might be used.

You eventually heal, go on to better things, and are so so soooo grateful that that cruel, disgusting person that lead you down this path did you the favor of showing you who they are and what they are certainly NOT worth!
I don't about others, but I certainly do NOT believe that I have been lead down this path by a cruel, disgusting person.

loops77

« Reply #604 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:43 AM »
Lets not scare curiousgirl away people. Curiousgirl, what kind of infosharing did they perform at Keen, since you say that they do have access to addresses and names. Maybe people, she knows something that we do not.

Offline curiousgirl

« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:51 AM »
I'm glad the two of you have escaped that and come to readings due to other things. Most people though end up with readers due to relationship issues and being involved with people who are indeed cruel or disgusting or horrible, even if the full picture isn't seen till later. Just looking at the posts here as well as on other forums in the past show that. It's part of why these readers make such good business.

Offline curiousgirl

« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »
Keen readers are often also on LP, Bitwine and other services. Back on the old group we had a number of people gathering info, finding things by chance or on purpose, and some ex and current readers also revealing things for various reasons. Those who had experience on Keen stated that the experts had access to a client's name and address. Maybe it's changed, who knows. We were also told by former experts that there were a few people at LP who worked in the offices and fed info to readers to keep business going. There's a huge "conspiracy" of sorts when you look at how they treat dissatisfied clients vs honoring their supposed ethical system.

There have been direct and indirect confirmations of expert groups and simple associations. Sometimes also when they tell you they need to meditate, what they're doing is looking at shared data lists or PMing others to get info on you. Also, on LP experts have old transcripts at the click of a button when you call, as well as a note section. So if you're wowed that they know your name and remember info, that's why.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #607 on: December 10, 2012, 04:34:26 AM »
No one is trying to scare anyone away, Loops. I don't know how PS, LP, CP or any of those work, I don't use them. Never have not will. It just seems silly to say that Jeen readers have access to names and addresses. Can you imagine how many lawsuit AT&T would have had on their hands by now? We have all encountered seriously disturbed people on keen, do you not think there'd be something of someone having been contacted or harassed by readers who had their full name and address? Perhaps this was long ago. But with privacy acts being so stringent it just seems very unlikely now.

But playing devil's advocate here, who were these experts and what proof did they have?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:45:24 AM by SomethingBetter »

Offline curiousgirl

« Reply #608 on: December 10, 2012, 04:48:26 AM »
It's been several years since the other group started, and about a year since it ended, Something. The experts who gave info were ones who did so asking to not be named (but yes, I know who about half of them were, and no I won't name them due to their requests. They did us favors and showed us things, and that's to be commended). Info came from all over in every form you can imagine. The level of unchecked (and why would it be checked where money is concerned?) scamming on every level at these companies is also quite far reaching. I understand you don't believe it, but they are serving their own interests as their main bread and butter is readings on these sites.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I wish you well and understand you believe fully in Cookie. I've posted on some other threads with some info and experiences, which I hope is helpful to others.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #609 on: December 10, 2012, 04:55:20 AM »
It's not that I don't believe it. And no, this isn't about Cookie, as I have reiterated time and again, i read with her for fun and thats it, i care llittle about her or her "predictions." So please don't misconstrue this as me believing "fully" in her. I have never, nor will ever use those words about Cookie or any reader.

My concern is for me and my privacy, that's it. So if there is concrete proof that this stuff goes on and not heresy, I'd love to know.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:57:53 AM by SomethingBetter »

Offline Zee

« Reply #610 on: December 10, 2012, 04:57:10 AM »
SB how would AT&T be at fault? They are extremely stringent about giving out information, even if other governing bodies ask; they have to be subpoenaed for it.  If readers have your name/address or other information it's because the caller gave it to them, not because AT&T did (but mistakes can and do happen). I'm not following your line of thinking.

And curiousgirl is right about some of these sites.  I've said this before, but I know with certainty that Bitwine keeps and reviews their client's transcript.  Aboutagirl showed me how that worked without realizing it.  What you see and keep so does the reader, which I feel is wrong. Only the caller should have access to their transcripts. Why would the all knowing reader need to keep it too? Unless it's to stop repetitive callers, I can understand, but not for information. This is so wrong on so many levels, but you take risks with all these sites.

Don't even get me started about Oranum. There is a thread about them here so do your research first.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #611 on: December 10, 2012, 05:01:02 AM »
Zee, AT&T owns Keen. Yes, they have to give out info in cases of subpoenas, but how can they legally give out my address to Psychic XYZ? Maybe I comprehended wrong, but what I gathered from Cutiouagitls post was that the readers had access from the site of our names/addresses. Was I reading that wrong?

Frankly if you give any total stranger over the phone your name and address you kind of deserve whatever nonsense follows.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #612 on: December 10, 2012, 05:03:33 AM »
Wanted to add that I know nada about what goes on at the other sites, I never used them. Privacy concerns were always an issue of mine with storefront readers too.
Btw, sorry about typos, darn iPhone.

Edited to add: I know you can't name names but if you could PM me details, curiousgirl, I'd love to hear.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:15:53 AM by SomethingBetter »

loops77

« Reply #613 on: December 10, 2012, 06:02:40 AM »
My guess is that curious is saying that although "officially", they are not allowed to give personal information, that it does indeed happen. I think I remember a thread on that old forum about Magical sandra being buddy buddy with the people at the Keen headquarters..I read that she easily got bad reviews off if she called into them and complained. Although this shouldn't technically happen, the poster explained that it does. I just wish curious would give an example of how they glean information from folks with more specifics.

Offline curiousgirl

« Reply #614 on: December 10, 2012, 11:48:04 AM »
Loops, do you mean cold reading or how experts get it from the sites they contract with? Cold reading is well documented and can be searched up, plus once you're away from reads suddenly you see it easily if you read over read transcripts, but I don't think you mean that.

The stories I heard simply were that some experts did have contacts at their sites which did feed them info. We did have some examples at the time, but again it's a few years and while I do have old emails, I don't have access to the old group anymore. But we did have a few rogue experts giving us this info for whatever reason. Some were questionable but thought they were different to other readers, others were honest ones (right or wrong as readers). Feedback is often removed as you guys have seen. And we heard stories directly and indirectly about there being people at the sites willing to give experts transcripts from clients from other experts. Not that they can't get those on their own if they strike up their own sharing relationships, though!

And regardless of ownership, these sites are there to make money. The fact that AT&T owns Keen (had no idea) is distressing though, as that means they own a site that scams people for cash. Since there's a lot of shame and secrecy around getting reads, and since these sites hide behind "for entertainment" terms and all of it is just stuff someone's telling you that you're meant to believe, I'd imagine they feel they can't get sued or taken to task.

anything