Author Topic: ready to give it up for good  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Hillcam

ready to give it up for good
« on: November 29, 2018, 05:18:26 AM »
Soo I’ve been an addict for years now... I think I first started calling Keen when I was 19 or so. I’ll be 26 in about a week.

For the first time I think I’m ready to close my account. I’m second in line with Cookie and I think after I speak to her I’ll contact customer service to pull the plug. The false hope and predictions that don’t come to pass have broken my heart more than any former POI ever could.

I’m nervous to actually go through with it, but I think it’s time and it’s worth a shot. I’m hopeful that closing my account will lead to a happy and healthy life.

This may be me venting because I’ve had too much wine and a shitty day (lol) but I truly feel like it’s a result of false hope. I’ve tried to keep a positive outlook and I’ve tried not putting all of my happiness in these readings but at the end of the day, hearing a prediction and having the opposite occur really takes a toll on one’s life.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:24:30 AM by Hillcam »

Offline Reviewer07

Re: ready to give it up for good
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 11:25:43 AM »
I’m cheering for you Hillcam! You can do it!

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »
@Hillcam, it's so much easier to avoid calling when you don't have an account! You can do this. :)

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
Thank you all! I’ve been so sad for the past year or so. I keep wondering if these readings are just making my mental health worse. I also have considered closing it today before I get in touch with Cookie as she’s expensive and last time she got the final outcome wrong for me.

I’ll be on vacation in Alaska for my birthday for five or six days so hopefully I’ll keep busy enough that I won’t constantly be worrying about things. I have cut way, way back before so hopefully quitting cold turkey won’t be too hard. Don’t be surprised if I vent to you all on days where meditation and exercise don’t fill the void 😅

Offline star1

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »
I hope you feel better and happier soon, and have a lovely birthday. Your life will be good regardless of if he comes back or not, you will be laughing one day looking back. Take care.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »
Thank you Star. I’ve struggled with my mental health for a long time, so it’s time to reassess the way I handle things. 😊

There are bigger losses in life than men and money and that’s what I’ll continue to remind myself.

Offline star1

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:29:31 PM »
Thank you Star. I’ve struggled with my mental health for a long time, so it’s time to reassess the way I handle things. 😊

There are bigger losses in life than men and money and that’s what I’ll continue to remind myself.

You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling with your mental health, I hope you have found or are beginning to find ways on improving it, or things that keep you distracted so that you feel better.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »
I don't think you will regret the decison to give up on readings..at all.good luck to you.

I just went over some old bank statements of mine (tax reasons) from when i still had a Keen account and got literally sick when I saw how much I spent on there!  all the charges to Keen-Ingenio, OMG!  Disgusting.

At least I can say now if I spend $100 a month on readings, it's a lot and it's not with those money drainers anymore.

Offline star1

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 08:26:47 PM »
I don't think you will regret the decison to give up on readings..at all.good luck to you.

I just went over some old bank statements of mine (tax reasons) from when i still had a Keen account and got literally sick when I saw how much I spent on there!  all the charges to Keen-Ingenio, OMG!  Disgusting.

At least I can say now if I spend $100 a month on readings, it's a lot and it's not with those money drainers anymore.

It's scary how much you spend on readers, isn't it?

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »

I don’t even WANT to know what I’ve spent over the years. Since I found Keen four or five years ago, I had a full time job making more than my peers with DEGREES were making and I still lived paycheck to paycheck. Ugh.

I emailed customer service yesterday with no response. Seeing the thread here reminded me to give them a call.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »
It makes me sick how much I spent on readings. As long as I had an account open it left that temptation open to call. Since I closed my account a few months back I just don't even feel the urge anymore. I quit Keen on and off a few times over the years. I used to think I would never be able to stop. So I just tried to limit myself and do readings only once a month or every other month. As long as I had that account open the temptation was always there. I could go for awhile without getting a reading, but the curiousity would get to me and I kept wondering what would this reader or that reader say about my situation. Even the times I closed my account before I still wondered. I don't even wonder about it anymore. It gets to a point where you just realize it does not matter what they say. You can deal with things without needing to get their perspective. It's not difficult, life is actually way harder when you are getting readings and trying to make sense of what all these different readers tell you. You can do this. I hope you have a great vacation and birthday.

I contacted customer service and closed my account yesterday and my first thought was ‘I should’ve called one last advisor instead of having them refund my bank account.’ 🙄 I felt sick like I had just broken up with someone I truly cared about. Now that I’m not as shocked (for lack of a better word) I had to remind myself that those readers don’t truly care about my problems. They won’t notice that I’ve stopped calling. It’s not a break up, this is the healthiest option that I’ve had in regards to Keen in a long long time.

I feel really good already, actually. I used to check Keen compulsively just ‘to see who’s available.’ I’m not sure if this positivity will wear off the next time something happens and I *NEED* insight but as of now I feel great.

I might still creep on the forum for a while, I do enjoy talking to most of you and hearing everyone’s input and all of our different stories, so don’t be surprised if I pop back up on a thread here and there. 😂😅 Thank you all for the birthday wishes 😊

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 10:16:06 PM »

OMG yes. Disgusting actually. I feel better now that I can see what a difference I can see in my spending on readings...I don’t feel so bad spending ten bucks in a purple ocean reading here and there lol.

Offline star1

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 10:20:07 PM »

OMG yes. Disgusting actually. I feel better now that I can see what a difference I can see in my spending on readings...I don’t feel so bad spending ten bucks in a purple ocean reading here and there lol.

Lol. I'm glad you're managing to spend less, now.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 06:07:11 PM »
Well, it seems as though Keen didn’t really deactivate my account. I got a call from Keen, and of course being an addict I answered out of curiosity. It was Cookie.

I shouldn’t have answered but I got a good reading and now I’ll call customer service yet again so I can have them delete my account 😑😖

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »
What's happening with your Alaska trip now that there's been a huge earth quake there ?

anything