Author Topic: Breaking a habit for a 3rd time...  (Read 401 times)

Offline Just FYI

Re: Breaking a habit for a 3rd time...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »
@JustFYI: I appreciate your words. I've had to do this letting go thing so many times. It gets a little easier each time though. I think we have all had to do the letting go
thing many times in our lives with different things. It's really difficult cause we want the idea in our heads to be reality. Problem is, we can't change people.
I think then, we have to ask ourselves, do we or did we really love that person or did we just love the IDEA of that person. The IDEA of who they could be or would be?
Perhaps we loved certain aspects of that person? But, not the WHOLE person? I don't know. Still unsure.

Russell Brand has one of the best videos on this I have ever seen.  Play it 100 times a day if you have to. 

https://www.facebook.com/RussellBrand/videos/how-to-survive-a-breakup/316661629163391/

Yes. This!

Offline 11jlady

• I'm a walking contradiction
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 08:48:36 PM »
Just watched that video. I needed that. I will watch it 1,000 more times.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:11:34 AM by 11jlady »

Offline Just FYI

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 09:51:35 PM »
@lljlady, the video can help and I wonder if you can try doing something to occupy yourself when the urge to call a psychic hits? It's not easy to find something that makes you stop, but I've found that if I can distract myself for 15-20 minutes, the urge decreases. It also helped to get my Keen account shut down. Some things that help me, which might help you -
- listen to a podcast episode and tell myself I can't make any phone calls until the episode is over
- go outside for a walk, even a 3 minute walk down the street and back can help
- do a timed 10 minute meditation - I use Calm
- start a journal and answer this question every time you feel the urge "why I feel like calling a psychic but shouldn't"
- drink a full glass of water (I started doing this when I realized that I feel fake hungry because I'm so anxious)

I won't lie, it isn't easy. I realized that instead of the things I've listed above (which actually work for me), it's a lot easier for me to crush my emotions with food. Not a good practice. I've gained 10 lbs in the last year, struggling to break this addiction. While 10 lbs doesn't sound like a lot, it is for me. I'm very short.  ::)

Offline 11jlady

• I'm a walking contradiction
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »
@FYI: Ha I smoke like a fish. I didn't used to but that's what I turn to instead of food, yet, I still gained a lot of weight.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:10:21 AM by 11jlady »

anything