Author Topic: still an addict but waking up!  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Reviewer07

still an addict but waking up!
« on: October 19, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »
So I had a decent September with the help of the break for September thread. I had 3 readings at the start of October but haven’t had a reading in 12 days. So taking stock I’ve cut back on the number of advisors, I do this from time to time but the list grows back. Anyway I looked at the chats I’ve had with one advisor in particular since March 2018 and I counted 51!!! chats between March and October. No typo and that’s just with that advisor. The sad well stupidest thing is she never was right, she set a prediction for way out and I kept calling seeking reassurance and then when the time came the time frame shifted. 51 is an embarrassingly large amount of times to call. In the past I thought I was over this addiction but that figure with that reader alone just shows how much denial I was in and how low I must have been to do that to myself. I know I’ve become a bit better too in terms of the addiction as I’ve never read with cookie  but have heard so many good things so thought I would get in the que. today I was sitting at number 8 and instead of being excited, I thought F***   It and cancelled the callback. No regret on canceling.

Offline journalmuse

Re: still an addict but waking up!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
So I had a decent September with the help of the break for September thread. I had 3 readings at the start of October but haven’t had a reading in 12 days. So taking stock I’ve cut back on the number of advisors, I do this from time to time but the list grows back. Anyway I looked at the chats I’ve had with one advisor in particular since March 2018 and I counted 51!!! chats between March and October. No typo and that’s just with that advisor. The sad well stupidest thing is she never was right, she set a prediction for way out and I kept calling seeking reassurance and then when the time came the time frame shifted. 51 is an embarrassingly large amount of times to call. In the past I thought I was over this addiction but that figure with that reader alone just shows how much denial I was in and how low I must have been to do that to myself. I know I’ve become a bit better too in terms of the addiction as I’ve never read with cookie  but have heard so many good things so thought I would get in the que. today I was sitting at number 8 and instead of being excited, I thought F***   It and cancelled the callback. No regret on canceling.

Congratulations. It's these decisions we make day by day, sometimes hour by hour, that help us regain our own power in this whole crazy thing. I'm in the queue for Cookie, too, and now I'm thinking about canceling.

My mom has a saying: "Turn the 'What if?' into 'Whatever.'" Gonna try to practice that right now.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 03:13:35 PM »

Good for you! I’ve spent a lot less this month than I normally do. ($121)

It feels good. My POI and I seem to be in a good place. Instead of calling Keen, if I have a question I usually ask someone who knows the both of us their opinions and it typically calms my nerves.

Having more money to show for it feels SO good!

Offline SabReeves

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
good for you!!! hope you keep it up:)

Offline NeSSi

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »

Well done!! ;) I'm on Cookie's queue too and was thinking about cancelling as well! hahaha. But I'm number 36 so let's see if when I get closer to the reading I feel like wasting more money or not! hehehe.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 02:00:49 AM »
I jumped out of line when I was first in line for a few days.