Author Topic: Spiritualists  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Dreamer23

Spiritualists
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:44:33 AM »
I live in NYC and those (often gypsy) psychic readers also claim to be spiritualists. They say they work with your energy and fix things spiritually. Has anyone tried them?

I think there are good ones and bad ones. But the good ones I think are really good and they can help you feel better, stronger, more optimistic as well as clean up your energy.

I am curious to know others' experiences.

Offline Apalm831

Re: Spiritualists
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 04:09:08 AM »
Spiritualism is
A church of Christianity that specifically believes in mediumship or conversing with the dead. ALong with that there are usually a lot of psychics in the church. They often offer free or donation readings. Our church in LA offers paid readings with the head seer and healing circles and mediumship

I think Cookie is actually a seer in her local church. I’d recommend finding a nearby chapter and going in for Sunday service. I have been planning to attend my church but am usually busy on Sunday

Offline Apalm831

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:13:20 AM »
....to that end, I don’t know why most people on this board aren’t Spiritualists. Lol

Offline njlady

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »
Spiritualism is
A church of Christianity that specifically believes in mediumship or conversing with the dead. ALong with that there are usually a lot of psychics in the church. They often offer free or donation readings. Our church in LA offers paid readings with the head seer and healing circles and mediumship

I think Cookie is actually a seer in her local church. I’d recommend finding a nearby chapter and going in for Sunday service. I have been planning to attend my church but am usually busy on Sunday

Do not go to any sort of gypsy reader who is claims they can "fix" you.  The only person who can fix you is you, period.

Spiritualists are not all Christians. Many Spiritualist consider Spiritualism a religion in and of itself.  Not all Spiritualists groups are churches.  They also don't "converse with the dead", they communicate with spirit.  Dead is dead.  Spirits don't die.  Their body does, but they live on.  Many members are trained evidential mediums. This means they give verifiable evidence, things no one else could know.  Some are trance mediums, energy healers, etc.   

Offline njlady

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 12:49:48 AM »
....to that end, I don’t know why most people on this board aren’t Spiritualists. Lol

Psychic addicts and other needy people are dealt with appropriately.  They are not catered to. 

Offline Apalm831

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 01:20:02 AM »
Definition of medium:

a person claiming to be in contact with the spirits of the dead and to communicate between the dead and the living.
synonyms:   spiritualist, spiritist, necromancer, channeler; More
fortune teller, clairvoyant, psychic
"she consulted a medium"

Offline njlady

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 02:02:20 AM »
Definition of medium:

a person claiming to be in contact with the spirits of the dead and to communicate between the dead and the living.
synonyms:   spiritualist, spiritist, necromancer, channeler; More
fortune teller, clairvoyant, psychic
"she consulted a medium"

And this is exactly why people around here get such crappy results and spend thousands of dollars listening to bullshit from people who couldn't find their ass with both hands.   

Evidentiary mediums train.  It's the gold standard of Mediumship.  Many attend Arthur Findlay College in the UK.  Some go on to train people here in the states. Spiritists are members of a non-profit group that broke off from Spiritualists.  Necromancers are Wizards.  I know a lot of people get into role play and all that, but honestly, Harry Potter isn't real.  I swear.   Evidentiary Mediumship is real.  Channelers and mediums are two different things entirely.  Fortune tellers are fake.

Exactly how do you think there are all synonymous with "evidentiary medium" when they are absolutely nothing alike?

Offline Apalm831

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 02:18:07 AM »
Just throwing out the dictionary definition of medium.

Offline Apalm831

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 02:20:02 AM »
Also, I won’t engage in any bickering on this board. Seems like there’s quite a bit today.It’s really silly.
Potato...po-tah-to