Author Topic: Rates Going Up  (Read 2599 times)

Offline jas

Rates Going Up
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
I have had three emails from advisors over the last 24 hours stating that they will be increasing their rates due to Keen increasing their cost once again.  Seems like there was a rate increase less than 12 months ago.  Does anybody know what percentage Keen takes from the readers?

Offline Bostongirl

Re: Rates Going Up
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:19:33 PM »
I believe its pretty high. They also charge to be on the first page. Like we all know its a business. They don't even test their readers. What the readers are buying is to be on there. Anyone of any talent would leave and have there own sites or work for better services. Some have their arrange a call buttons on 24/7 and take calls while they are out shopping, driving and the likes. I've seen tons of feedback where the callers states.... The reader was asleep and took there call. How on earth can you give a good reading under these circumstances. Keen is the biggest scam going. Even the good ones are only mildly gifted. Seriously I can't understand why people still use them.

Offline jas

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 01:41:27 PM »
It takes a lot of money and a lot of time to weed through and find a good advisor who can actually make predictions.  I use Keen for different reasons.  I have a demanding job so when I get home sometimes I just want someone to bounce things off of and sometimes I get valuable input.  I know friends could do this as well, but I really don't want people around me knowing my deepest fears, but enough about me. 

I wish I could find a talented psychic to read with in person.  I have had three GREAT readings in my life - two were in person and one was on Keen.

Offline jas

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
Fluttershy - that is a great idea!! 

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 05:22:48 PM »
It’s been right around a year since the last increase  ::)

As if Keen isn’t profiting enough already from the consumer

Offline whit777

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 05:45:25 AM »
I got a private email from an advisor who I read with through her private site, but she's also sometimes on Keen and she basically said that she hopes everyone finds her private site instead of going on Keen because she's going to have to raise her Keen price. Her Keen price will be almost double her private site price and she said she still won't make as much on Keen as on her site. I think she probably just uses Keen to get new customers and hopes that they search for her privately after that. I would imagine Keen is good for advertisement but not so much for actually making money. I can't say who she is on here because I don't want her to get in trouble with Keen but basically, I would just look for any of your favorite Keen advisors' personal websites. There might be more of them popping up now, too. With this price increase, every one of my favorite readers will now be out of my price range. The few who won't be, weren't really my favorites. Keen is also really particular about banning advisors for trying to funnel clients to their personal sites. One of my favorite readers was just deleted off Keen a few weeks ago and she told me she had no idea why. They just said there was suspicious activity or something that went against their rules but they wouldn't tell her what it was. So I would suggest not mentioning private sites to anyone on Keen. Just try to find them by google, or ask on here and I'm sure someone knows how to find them. I just have a feeling that with Keen raising their fee, they're going to be monitoring conversations a lot more for a little while just to make sure everything's on the up and up.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »
Did anyone take a glance at Keen's updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy emailed recently?

#2 stood out to me. Why TF would Keen need to record our calls unless they're planning on sending us a copy and will we be able to opt out?
2. Our site policies have been expanded to enable call recording. Please note that we respect your privacy, and you will always be notified before we record a call. No changes have been made on our platform yet for this, and we will let you know when there are any updates.

Offline jas

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
Interesting, but I assume they have always been recording our calls.  If you broach the subject with any of them about finding them off of Keen they become very nervous and say that they aren't allowed to talk about it, therefore, my assumption was that they were being recorded.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 11:49:12 PM »
No that's not true. Ages and I do mean ages ago I read with a woman from Keen who provided her facebook and she gave a cheaper, longer reading off Keen.
She was never banned or anything that I'm aware of. I believe that emails they can monitor and check. I even saw a reader recently, a guy who had a web address on his page to contact him. A lot of people missed that although I can't recall who it was.

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 11:51:16 PM »
They are doing this so their readers can't exchanges numbers with a client then read privately for them of line.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 11:51:39 PM »
Interesting, but I assume they have always been recording our calls.  If you broach the subject with any of them about finding them off of Keen they become very nervous and say that they aren't allowed to talk about it, therefore, my assumption was that they were being recorded.

I agree with this...I asked a reader about a pregnancy and she said that they were forbidden to talk about that or they would loose their platform. How else would KEEN know if a reader brought up pregnancy?? ???

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 11:55:15 PM »

I agree with this...I asked a reader about a pregnancy and she said that they were forbidden to talk about that or they would loose their platform. How else would KEEN know if a reader brought up pregnancy?? ???

If a person complained they would tell what the reader talked about especially if they were harsh.
Some of the readers just seem plain crazy with the things that they say.

anything