Author Topic: thoughts on this?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline sawthelight

thoughts on this?
« on: August 03, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »
read this today:

https://bostonintuitive.com/2016/02/15/eight-reasons-why-psychics-arent-100-accurate/

Offline HornetKick

Re: thoughts on this?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 04:36:06 PM »
I thought a lot of these were on point being that I've gone through a lot of the psychic mishaps that were listed.

These were also things most readers don't even know themselves, for instance:

The psychic is too close to whom they’re reading.
**I've had this happen on numerous occasions.

A psychic must always remain neutral and detached.
**So many readers want to give advice, read with their egos, put in their speculations, their two cents worth of information that has nothing to do with your actual living experience. It's no wonder they get so many things wrong.

A psychic’s bias.
**Doesn't a psychic know when they have bias'? Are they that obtuse that they can't even see when they aren't helping the client?

candiednut

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
A lot of points on that list can be changed through practice, why don't the psychics just practice more/work on themselves on being objective, more loving, accepting and less biased before charging for their services? Psychologists and counselors have to go through years of training to stay objective too so they don't give unsolicited advice, plus ongoing training and supervision and learning even after years of experience. If they want people to take psychics seriously, they need to treat it like a profession themselves and go through rigorous training, and not just treat it like a hobby where they go on a hotline and make some quick bucks.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 04:57:36 PM »
A lot of points on that list can be changed through practice, why don't the psychics just practice more/work on themselves on being objective, more loving, accepting and less biased before charging for their services? Psychologists and counselors have to go through years of training to stay objective too so they don't give unsolicited advice, plus ongoing training and supervision and learning even after years of experience. If they want people to take psychics seriously, they need to treat it like a profession themselves and go through rigorous training, and not just treat it like a hobby where they go on a hotline and make some quick bucks.

I agree.  I do think a lot of them are unaware of their own shortcomings/biases though...and since it's such a shady/unregulated industry, there aren't any real "standards" for them.  So they can just hop on any site and start reading for people, not like a therapist that has to undergo education/testing, etc.

I've had a few readings where it definitely seemed the reader's own personal judgments were getting in the way..and sometimes it's human nature.  Like with past POI, after reading with a certain reader a few times, it became obvious they felt bad that I was hanging on so long so they basically told me to move on, which is like advice a friend would give, but that's not what I was paying a psychic for...and I always felt that's probably sometime they should have told me in the beginning. 

I just feel some of them don't look deep enough.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 07:12:01 PM »
I agree with the list, except #7, the future will be what it will be and either they can see it or theycan't. Picking up on potentials or possibilities is not the same thing as predicting the future. If it changes from what they saw it just means they were picking up on potential energies or intentions rather than precognitively viewing the future.

And #8 is not even giving a reason why a reading could be inaccurate, but instead gives an example where it might be accurate but the person doesn't like what they heard.

I agree they could improve on these things a lot with more practice...and too many amateurs jump into giving readings because it is unregulated and for some can be easy money. But, even for the most skilled and experienced readers, I'm not sure how consistent they can be. Readings are such a nebulous, Neptunian thing. It's like asking why someone who throws darts while wearing a blindfold missed the target.

Agree absolutely with these points. A lot of psychics differ on if they the future can predicted or if their job is only to just see potentials. I believe the future can be predicted, no ifs ands or buts. This is what clients value above all else. But then again, their work is so Neptunian....no wonder it leads to disappointments.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:37:19 PM »
I agree with the list, except #7, the future will be what it will be and either they can see it or theycan't. Picking up on potentials or possibilities is not the same thing as predicting the future. If it changes from what they saw it just means they were picking up on potential energies or intentions rather than precognitively viewing the future.

And #8 is not even giving a reason why a reading could be inaccurate, but instead gives an example where it might be accurate but the person doesn't like what they heard.

I agree they could improve on these things a lot with more practice...and too many amateurs jump into giving readings because it is unregulated and for some can be easy money. But, even for the most skilled and experienced readers, I'm not sure how consistent they can be. Readings are such a nebulous, Neptunian thing. It's like asking why someone who throws darts while wearing a blindfold missed the target.

I think that both can be true, owing to skill level/gifts. If you accept that psychic-ness, for lack of a better word, is real, then there should be people who can definitively see the future. I think there are some. This would, to me, be an extremely gifted person who has honed their gifts over years.

I think there also can be people who read the potentials of energy or who understand, sense or feel motivations, and who use that information to then extrapolate an outcome. So to the extent that they don't necessarily see or feel an end result, but see or feel the way things are now, or possibly a potential trend, then their extrapolation could be incorrect.

I wish there was a better way to truly understand how a reader reads, what their gifts are and what they can realistically do with them, before paying for a reading. Some do a good job explaining this, others don't.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 10:49:08 PM »
When I was a teenager, one day I was riding through an intersection with my mom driving, and I saw a vision of being in a car accident, a car hitting us from the left side like it had run the red light. It was really vivid and unsettled me, but I figured it was just me being anxious. A few weeks later, someone close to me was in a bad car accident at that exact spot, exactly how I saw it happening with someone running a red light. But I had no idea who it was going to happen to and I was shocked.
I've had this happen to me too. A vision and it played out exactly like I felt and saw and it unsettled the crap out of me. I didn't know what to do with the information or that I was even in the vision or playing out the vision in real time. It was like I had blacked out but I was still conscious. I could never in a million years even begin to think I could give readings though. Readers have a tendency to interpret as that article stated, instead of describing what they see. The person who those images pertain to would have a better understanding of what they mean, I would think.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
I’m still going to say that 95% of these people don’t have any psychic ability and when they get past/present information right, unless it’s REALLY specific, they are guessing.

If they’re biased and judgemental, they have no business conducting readings. I had that problem with Tara from CP. not only did she asked a lot of questions she started guessing and making false assumptions because of how much younger I was than the guy and then proceeded to say that older people had a ton of baggage and that I needed to date someone my age.

anything