Author Topic: a question ...  (Read 2266 times)

Offline greekgeek

a question ...
« on: July 30, 2018, 06:49:28 AM »
Edited since I got great feedback. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:40:24 AM by greekgeek »

Offline Dreamer23

Re: a question ...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »
I think it depends on the reader. Maybe some kept notes? When I use chat the repeat readers I go to, they usually tell me the same things. But I used to talk to them often, like once a week or so. If it's been 8 months...and for them to remember where they left off, that's a bit unusual.

The only person I spoke on the phone with that gave me a new reading was Divine Love. She said she didn't remember our last reading. And the new reading was very similar to the last one. But it was only a week apart.

Maybe things in the physical world have changed but not so much in the spiritual world? Which is why they are saying the same things? This can be possible. For example you may be separated from your person but that doesn't mean the feelings aren't still there, stuff like that.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »
One mistake I used to make very early on when I was getting readings was giving the reader too much info.  And yes, I would find that they would base the readings after a while on what they already knew.  Lady P was infamous for this.

I don't get readings anywhere nearly as much as I used to, but when I do, I don't tell them anything!  Just "what do you see happening  with me and so and so".  IF they get something on their own and ask me to clarify, I will go ahead and do it, but for the most part, I tell them nothing.

Had a reader on Purple Ocean (after I submitted my order) message me and ask me several questions, and I felt she was fishing, so I didn't answer all of them aside from how long I've known him.  So I figured it was going to be a BS reading but when she did the reading, she did pick up on specific things and explained her reasons for the questions..she was actually quite good.  Of course, outcome remains to be seen lol.

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »
This may sound a bit naive but here goes. I hadn't had a reading in months (yey me!) but broke down recently and got two from Keen readers who are / were familiar with my story and with whom I had read somewhat regularly for about a year. The situation changed significantly since I last spoke to them and they weren't aware of the developments and read from where we left off, assuming things had remained the same.

I felt both readings were tilted toward and based on what they thought was the case, which wasn't. Both could be interpreted to either fit what they thought was the case from months ago and what's actually happening now. And it left me kinda confused since there seem to be grains of accuracy, but not really.

So I'm wondering with repeat clients, how much do they base their readings on what they know from the caller's background, or what they think they know? How many really read from scratch, even though I'm calling about the same person?

For the first time I'm inclined to think that all these people who I thought were spot on kinda weren't ... that over time I myself painted a picture to them which affected the readings. Not sure I'm making sense. In case it helps to compare with your own experiences, this was about an active and ongoing romantic relationship. These were phone calls, not chats.

Yes it makes sense. I think the more they know about you the more biased the reading becomes. I had two psychics who I corresponded with before I split with my ex. They saw me through the positive and negative aspects of me being with him. I ended up confided in them so our reading went from psychic to counselling. Since I split with my ex I went to them and while I wouldn't say they gave me false hope, other readings have been picking up on someone else around my ex, most except my 2 so called trusted psychics. I asked them but both say he is focused on himself. They could be right but like yourself I cannot help but think they are using my history to form part of the reading so yes it's possibly. My way forward now is to disclose as little detail as possible in a hope for the chosen psychic to tap into their own ability

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:41:07 PM »
Yes it makes sense. I think the more they know about you the more biased the reading becomes. I had two psychics who I corresponded with before I split with my ex. They saw me through the positive and negative aspects of me being with him. I ended up confided in them so our reading went from psychic to counselling. Since I split with my ex I went to them and while I wouldn't say they gave me false hope, other readings have been picking up on someone else around my ex, most except my 2 so called trusted psychics. I asked them but both say he is focused on himself. They could be right but like yourself I cannot help but think they are using my history to form part of the reading so yes it's possibly. My way forward now is to disclose as little detail as possible in a hope for the chosen psychic to tap into their own ability

This has been my experience with go to readers and my regulars. It also lends itself to using a handful of different readers. I've also learned that when you chat with readers, if you are following up on the same topic, all they do is reference the previous transcript instead of giving new information. It's better to chat about different things so as not to influence what the reader is going to talk about.

Offline Lady_C

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »

This has been my experience with go to readers and my regulars. It also lends itself to using a handful of different readers. I've also learned that when you chat with readers, if you are following up on the same topic, all they do is reference the previous transcript instead of giving new information. It's better to chat about different things so as not to influence what the reader is going to talk about.

It's a vicious cycle you want to go to them for help as a repeated customer but know there's a chance of them tapping into an old transcript. Going to different readers can sometimes hurt the situation if they pick up on something which is a stark contrast to the regulars. I really don't have an answer but certainly can empathise.

I would sometimes ask my regular psychic what my ex is upto and she seemed to pick up on some success in his career path. Another lady who I had a tarot reading with last week mentioned my ex celebrating some success so maybe the regular has the ability to tap into other areas without being biased.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 01:49:04 PM »
One mistake I used to make very early on when I was getting readings was giving the reader too much info.  And yes, I would find that they would base the readings after a while on what they already knew.  Lady P was infamous for this.

I don't get readings anywhere nearly as much as I used to, but when I do, I don't tell them anything!  Just "what do you see happening  with me and so and so".  IF they get something on their own and ask me to clarify, I will go ahead and do it, but for the most part, I tell them nothing.

Had a reader on Purple Ocean (after I submitted my order) message me and ask me several questions, and I felt she was fishing, so I didn't answer all of them aside from how long I've known him.  So I figured it was going to be a BS reading but when she did the reading, she did pick up on specific things and explained her reasons for the questions..she was actually quite good.  Of course, outcome remains to be seen lol.

Agreed. I tried Lady P 3 times and the readings just went around in circles. They mostly had a negative tone, but she would repeat herself a lot and even say confusing things, and there was a lot of "maybe this" "maybe that" "maybe it would change" "there's a chance" etc. Overall I can't say that any of her predictions have actually happened for me good or bad, so I never understood where she got her high reputation from, but I think it's just because she reads with a lot of negativity instead of telling you everything that is too good to be true.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 02:07:26 PM »

Agreed. I tried Lady P 3 times and the readings just went around in circles. They mostly had a negative tone, but she would repeat herself a lot and even say confusing things, and there was a lot of "maybe this" "maybe that" "maybe it would change" "there's a chance" etc. Overall I can't say that any of her predictions have actually happened for me good or bad, so I never understood where she got her high reputation from, but I think it's just because she reads with a lot of negativity instead of telling you everything that is too good to be true.

When I first read with her about the guy that got me into calling psychics in the first place, she wasn't overly optimistic about a future, she couldn't really give me a solid answer about it.  She did, after some time, say that we would be together (my third or so reading with her), which never happened.  But in that first reading, she was very ambiguous about it.  At the time though, I was looking for more validation on his feelings, etc...but she does tend to not want to give a firm yes or no.

She is good at getting inside someone's head and telling you how they feel, but I wouldn't recommend her for future stuff, I just don't think she knows.  She can just tell you what is happening based on current energies.

Offline Newlife

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »
When I read with her it seemed as though she was not connecting, I have tried her multiple times and now believe she may not be a psychic lol.