Author Topic: Does Keen monitor emails and phone calls?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Candy

Does Keen monitor emails and phone calls?
« on: May 07, 2018, 04:03:02 AM »
Does anyone know if Keen monitors emails and phone conversations? If so, doesn't that violate the law for not informing clients?

Offline Kate

Re: Does Keen monitor emails and phone calls?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »
Does anyone know if Keen monitors emails and phone conversations? If so, doesn't that violate the law for not informing clients?

I think the only monitor they have on emails is to pick up when you're sending a weblink or email address. 

You can get around this by putting gaps in-between the web-address you are sending etc etc. 

So many emails are sent on Keen, there is no way they could monitor all emails in detail - and as you say, it is illegal to monitor calls without informing the client.. I have no evidence they do this.

I have sent advisors my personal email address on Keen. They have contacted me privately through my email and I now read with them privately for a much lower cost that Keen charges.

I would encourage anyone to do this.  Try it with an advisor you regularly read with and know well - the advisor doesn't have to respond - but at least those who are savvy enough, will do so. They can charge half the amount they do on Keen and come out with a bigger profit.

I hate Keen with a passion - they take an oversized cut (hence the high rates from advisors) and rip customers off (particularly those calling from overseas - who get charged higher rates even if they call direct or chat over the net).

Their service is completely addictive as we have all experienced - partly because you are not at all aware what you are spending in many instances until you drop the call.

Other platforms are not quite as bad.  C4A I think take a smaller cut from advisors - and at least you have to add money as you go.  Bitwine - that gives you intro time to explain the situation before the advisor talks etc, and charges a pre set amount through paypal also works better for the customer IMO.

Offline Candy

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 01:21:26 PM »
Thanks, Kate. What you said made sense. I spoke to an advisor I really, really like and offered to give her my email over the phone. She said she would love to connect outside of Keen, but she's afraid of violating their rules. She said they check all emails and tape all calls, which I think is odd. As you said, the calls and emails volume are so large that I don't think it is humanly possible for them to check every single one.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 02:18:07 PM »

I think the only monitor they have on emails is to pick up when you're sending a weblink or email address. 

You can get around this by putting gaps in-between the web-address you are sending etc etc. 

So many emails are sent on Keen, there is no way they could monitor all emails in detail - and as you say, it is illegal to monitor calls without informing the client.. I have no evidence they do this.

I have sent advisors my personal email address on Keen. They have contacted me privately through my email and I now read with them privately for a much lower cost that Keen charges.

I would encourage anyone to do this.  Try it with an advisor you regularly read with and know well - the advisor doesn't have to respond - but at least those who are savvy enough, will do so. They can charge half the amount they do on Keen and come out with a bigger profit.

I hate Keen with a passion - they take an oversized cut (hence the high rates from advisors) and rip customers off (particularly those calling from overseas - who get charged higher rates even if they call direct or chat over the net).

Their service is completely addictive as we have all experienced - partly because you are not at all aware what you are spending in many instances until you drop the call.

Other platforms are not quite as bad.  C4A I think take a smaller cut from advisors - and at least you have to add money as you go.  Bitwine - that gives you intro time to explain the situation before the advisor talks etc, and charges a pre set amount through paypal also works better for the customer IMO.

Exactly, that's why I hate Keen so much, well part of the reason.  They start charging immediately, don't even give you a chance to establish if the reader is legit or not. 

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
Email filters have been around for years and it doesn't take much to set up a filter to catch email addresses being exchanged.

Offline njlady

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 10:26:42 PM »
She said they check all emails and tape all calls, which I think is odd.

They don't tape their calls. 

Send an e-mail to:

readername@gmail.com, yahoo.com & outlook.com.  About 80% of the USA has an account set up with one of these.  If she uses the same name, you have a shot at reaching her.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 01:38:36 AM »
Thanks, Kate. What you said made sense. I spoke to an advisor I really, really like and offered to give her my email over the phone. She said she would love to connect outside of Keen, but she's afraid of violating their rules. She said they check all emails and tape all calls, which I think is odd. As you said, the calls and emails volume are so large that I don't think it is humanly possible for them to check every single one.
Keen can install software to do this - monitor emails. I worked for a large fortune 500 company and they did this, to make sure you weren't going to go work for the competitors.

Offline Car_fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
They must not monitor calls if your advisor was able to tell you that she would love to connect outside of Keen but did not want to violate their rules. The advisors would know if they were being recorded or not, just like we would.

anything