Author Topic: I'm single which keen advisor should I use  (Read 13686 times)

Offline maroonlight

Re: I'm single which keen advisor should I use
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
I tried just for kicks (match.com) a while back, and the men they were sending me suggestions for were NOT my type at all, I mean nothing.

But I'm a little old fashioned, i like to meet people in person and connect that way.  Not so easy to do though. 

There's also a lot of married skeezeballs on those dating sites looking for flings and the like.

Part of the reason I also like meeting people online is because I can read their profile and know things about them before we meet. You meet someone in person and you don't know anything about them. People can lie both online and in person.  If I meet them online and I see that they are separated, have kids, and smoke then I can just filter them out and not have anything to do with them.

I mean unless you work with the person or like some people I know, frequent bars every weekend, yeah meeting someone you click with in person actually would take a lot longer than online.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:07 PM »
In my experience with match, most people don't respond or even read your messages. I figure it's because there are too many options. Not trying to boast, but I am well above average in appearance and I have a very nicely written profile and hardly anyone is responding to me and many of them won't even read my message.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:50 PM »
I tried just for kicks (match.com) a while back, and the men they were sending me suggestions for were NOT my type at all, I mean nothing.

But I'm a little old fashioned, i like to meet people in person and connect that way.  Not so easy to do though. 

There's also a lot of married skeezeballs on those dating sites looking for flings and the like.

Part of the reason I also like meeting people online is because I can read their profile and know things about them before we meet. You meet someone in person and you don't know anything about them. People can lie both online and in person.  If I meet them online and I see that they are separated, have kids, and smoke then I can just filter them out and not have anything to do with them.

I mean unless you work with the person or like some people I know, frequent bars every weekend, yeah meeting someone you click with in person actually would take a lot longer than online.

I agree, I can see the appeal of online dating for a lot of people. 

I just personally don't care for it....I know someone who got burned badly by an online creep...it was one of those free dating sites and she hung out and started developing feelings for this guy, turns out he was married and sleeping with tons of other women.  She was heartbroken...and of course, his profile didn't state any of this.

I wonder if the difference is the paid vs. non-paid sites.  I forget which one she used..it was years ago.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »

I just personally don't care for it....I know someone who got burned badly by an online creep...it was one of those free dating sites and she hung out and started developing feelings for this guy, turns out he was married and sleeping with tons of other women.  She was heartbroken...and of course, his profile didn't state any of this.

I wonder if the difference is the paid vs. non-paid sites.  I forget which one she used..it was years ago.

I used to use free dating sites and I've sworn off of them. It definitely makes a difference in the quality of people and what their intentions are. 90% of messages said something like "you wanna bone?" or "hey sexy bitch"

That's terrible that that happened to your friend. It's not an uncommon scenario though. I suppose she still could've met him in person though initially he still could've hid it from her. Anytime you meet anyone and start dating them, you're taking a chance that there will be a disaster in one way or another.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 04:54:20 PM »

I used to use free dating sites and I've sworn off of them. It definitely makes a difference in the quality of people and what their intentions are. 90% of messages said something like "you wanna bone?" or "hey sexy bitch"

That's terrible that that happened to your friend. It's not an uncommon scenario though. I suppose she still could've met him in person though initially he still could've hid it from her. Anytime you meet anyone and start dating them, you're taking a chance that there will be a disaster in one way or another.

Absolutely, risky either way!  lol. 

I remember she was super upset for a while about that, but then ended up meeting someone nice on the same site...it didn't last (the relationship) but he was a nice guy and I gave her props for even trying again! LOL

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 07:35:11 PM »
There are married skeezeballs looking for flings whether in person or on a site.
I know many people like to distinguish between online or in person, but it's basically the same. I've known people who've gotten burned whether online or not. Lying to your face or via a profile ends up with the same results, dosn't it? The guy never said anything either way, so it's a coin toss either way. You just have to date a lot and enjoy it and be ready to get back out there after the first few fails. It became tiring for me and I was no longer having fun. I know some who still enjoy it and I always give them props for sticking with it.

It basically depends on the person and their intentions and what they want. Some want a fling, some a relationship. It doesn't really matter where you meet them.
I've known way more people to get stung from meeting someone at church, the wholier than thou place. Yeah sure.

I had a guy friend to meet an online person and when he met her, she was eight months pregnant. Never once mentioned this obvious issue on her profile. I laughed so hard. I couldn't understand why she was wanting to date so badly...why not wait until after the baby was born?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:37:17 PM by HornetKick »

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2018, 07:46:30 PM »
There are married skeezeballs looking for flings whether in person or on a site.
I know many people like to distinguish between online or in person, but it's basically the same. I've known people who've gotten burned whether online or not. Lying to your face or via a profile ends up with the same results, dosn't it? The guy never said anything either way, so it's a coin toss either way. You just have to date a lot and enjoy it and be ready to get back out there after the first few fails. It became tiring for me and I was no longer having fun. I know some who still enjoy it and I always give them props for sticking with it.

It basically depends on the person and their intentions and what they want. Some want a fling, some a relationship. It doesn't really matter where you meet them.
I've known way more people to get stung from meeting someone at church, the wholier than thou place. Yeah sure.

I had a guy friend to meet an online person and when he met her, she was eight months pregnant. Never once mentioned this obvious issue on her profile. I laughed so hard. I couldn't understand why she was wanting to date so badly...why not wait until after the baby was born?

LMAO maybe she was looking for a person to take care of the kid...who knows?

A guy friend of mine told me once he met up with a girl (I don't think it was a dating site) that he met online and she ended up being about 100 lbs heavier than the pic she sent him...he was a gentlemen and spent the day with her but he said after that, when she asked him why they couldn't hang out again, he was honest and said "I really wish you sent me a recent pic, not one of you ten yrs ago" lol.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 02:47:05 AM »

Exactly. Online dating has so many stereotypes but when it comes down to it, people are all the same regardless of where you meet them. Just like with your comment about people you know getting burned by people they met at church. Anyone can go to church, and often times it's people with issues seeking spiritual help.

That's insane, and it's also ridiculous because I don't know how she thought anyone would keep seeing her once they found out..not only is she about to be a single mother, but that is a huge lie to get caught in. I definitely wouldn't envy her. It does sound like desperation on her end though.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 04:19:59 AM »
Yeah women being heavier has been an issue. I've heard men say this, but women do have it harder. And men lie too. A man's main lie is how tall he is. A women's main lie is how old she is.
You get a few extras in there as well, either heavier (men or women) and using younger pictures: both men and women.

It's such an effing double standard tbh. Men often times are looking for younger, model type women and even if the woman doesn't look her age, she is considered old although she may be the same age as the guy. Men, I swear. OMG, some of the frogs on those sites. I can't even tell you.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 10:20:28 AM »
I’ve heard a lot of guys say they’ve met women from the internet who are way heavier than their pics or didn’t even look like the same person in the pics. I’ve actually met two people who lied and being smokers so that one is probably pretty common too.

Offline njlady

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
I’ve heard a lot of guys say they’ve met women from the internet who are way heavier than their pics or didn’t even look like the same person in the pics. I’ve actually met two people who lied and being smokers so that one is probably pretty common too.

You get more savvy about that by looking for a variety of shots and no filters.

I had a jumping shot (after running) pic, a Holiday family pic, a NYE evening gown pic, a workout pic, a horsing around with a child of a friend pic, an everyday pic, eating out with friends pic, outdoor pic, etc.  Unobstructed full body shots from different angles, a good face close-up and at least one natural light/ natural face is essential.

Offline Itsmylife

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2018, 02:04:17 AM »
There is also POF, plenty of fish. The same applies to this site too since it's free. There is also Christian Singles (I haven't been on that one) and some Jewish Dating site, but all are meat markets where you really have to be discerning.

I was single for many many years and would attract low quality men and with issues. In the end I found out I was suffering from low self esteem and that’s I would “go” for the 2nd or even third best ... but as soon as I began to have more self worth I thought and believe I deserved best and I attracted what was indeed best for me. Indeed met my husband almost 4 years back at POF 😀❤️ You don’t really have to pay for dating :) we have a baby now  👶 .

But to answer the question of the person who started this thread. I would recommend a few psychics I trust:

1. Kisha is good. She is reliable and trust worthy.
2. Lisa Diane can be a hit or miss but she was extremely accurate in a few aspects.
3. Ok this third one is special. Her name is ambers light. She is on kasamba. Honestly speaking she is a FAIRYTALE READER and would/could steer you wrong but she did have one amazing quality that I tested for years. She would “feel” and “see” if you would meet a POI and how would he or she look like. She also correctly predicted “physical attributes of my husband” years ago. Try her if you like but I only recommend her for afore mentioned attributes otherwise waste of money.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2018, 03:20:48 AM »
There is also POF, plenty of fish. The same applies to this site too since it's free. There is also Christian Singles (I haven't been on that one) and some Jewish Dating site, but all are meat markets where you really have to be discerning.

I was single for many many years and would attract low quality men and with issues. In the end I found out I was suffering from low self esteem and that’s I would “go” for the 2nd or even third best ... but as soon as I began to have more self worth I thought and believe I deserved best and I attracted what was indeed best for me. Indeed met my husband almost 4 years back at POF 😀❤️ You don’t really have to pay for dating :) we have a baby now  👶 .

But to answer the question of the person who started this thread. I would recommend a few psychics I trust:

1. Kisha is good. She is reliable and trust worthy.
2. Lisa Diane can be a hit or miss but she was extremely accurate in a few aspects.
3. Ok this third one is special. Her name is ambers light. She is on kasamba. Honestly speaking she is a FAIRYTALE READER and would/could steer you wrong but she did have one amazing quality that I tested for years. She would “feel” and “see” if you would meet a POI and how would he or she look like. She also correctly predicted “physical attributes of my husband” years ago. Try her if you like but I only recommend her for afore mentioned attributes otherwise waste of money.

Kisha and Lisa Diane both sold me a fairy tale that was 100% wrong so I can't say that I agree with you unfortunately.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
Lisa Dianne is only good as an empath, but she can pick up some uncanny things.