Author Topic: I'm single which keen advisor should I use  (Read 13480 times)

Offline Sassy843

I'm single which keen advisor should I use
« on: March 30, 2018, 12:05:54 PM »
I've been single for a couple of years just trying to figure out what I really want out of life and what I want and expect out of commited relationship. I've opened myself to be "relationship" ready, but most of the guys that I've attempted to build with were either complete a**holes, afraid to commit or just someone that I had no connection with. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a keen advisor that gives relationship advice when there is no person of interest? :-\

Offline maroonlight

Re: I'm single which keen advisor should I use
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »
You really want some advice? DON'T go to advisors. You will only become hooked and keep calling one after another. They don't do any more than any other person does about dating. Go out and meet new people, get to know them, and that's how you'll learn what you really want. An advisor can't tell you what you want, and you shouldn't give them that kind of power over your life.

Offline Kate

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 12:43:19 PM »
You really want some advice? DON'T go to advisors. You will only become hooked and keep calling one after another. They don't do any more than any other person does about dating. Go out and meet new people, get to know them, and that's how you'll learn what you really want. An advisor can't tell you what you want, and you shouldn't give them that kind of power over your life.

Completely agree.

Offline Sassy843

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »
I totally get what you're saying as far as going out and meeting new people because that's what I've been doing however, when the new people that you're meeting all seem to be "dead end" situations that's where the insight or advice of a psychic comes in to play for me. Not to tell me what I want because I know what I want, but to advise if that course I'm currently on is going to lead to the relationship that I want. To me getting the advice of a psychic is the same as using GPS. You know how to get from point a to point b without the GPS, but sometimes you need a little help to navigate you in the right direction because sometimes you run into road blocks, dead ends and detours
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 02:55:31 PM by Sassy843 »

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
Well, being that they are usually wrong, at least most of the time, especially with outcomes, I wouldn't rely on psychics to tell you which relationships are worthwhile and the like, go with your own gut and what the other person is showing you. 

Offline doubleoh8

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »
@sassy,

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are asking, but I personally believe there are advisors out there who can really help you pinpoint your issues and heal your OWN stuff so that you will attract -- and be attracted to -- better partners. In fact, better people and situations in general.

They may not exist on keen, or if they do, the nature of the pay-per-minute system makes it hard to get solid advice. Top this off with the fact that many will assume you want -- and try to feed you -- a dream scenario, and this can be highly addictive IMO.

I personally have gone through a couple of transitions in the way I get readings, and I believe there IS a healthy way. Before I found Keen or any other online platform I only read with people in person. I checked them out in advance, I had longer but less frequent readings (e.g. an hour every 6 months) and I asked about myself, not about another person. I did have good guidance and insight... and if I did my homework (and that's the key I think) then life around me would change.

As others have said on other board, you could also invest in therapy (not suggesting you need it, but if you are attracting losers and non-committal guys then there may be something to dig out) but I have found some intuitives that I met in person to be helpful at getting to the core of my issues, fears and obstacles so that I could do the work needed to release them. If you go down the psychic calling route and you really want your relationship scenario to shift, I say: find advisors with integrity, ask the right questions, be prepared to do the work.

AND, as others say -- get out there and experiment in "real" life.

Offline scarlora

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 02:50:36 PM »
I would say Lady P because she will tell you straight up what you need to do to turn things around.  Read through her site instead of Keen.

After my breakup last year was the first time I called a psychic. My aunt recommended this lady.   She told me she saw someone new coming in to my life that would make me forget about my ex.  (don't they all say that?)  But she was actually right.  Nailed his personality.  But even she mixed things up.  She did say he would work in security which was wrong.  I actually dated someone who did and thought, wow this could be THE GUY.  When he wasn't I was disappointed.  So even if they pick up someone new coming into your life, they could things all jumbled up. 

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 03:15:21 PM »
A lot of good solid information from both Still tired and doubleoh8. There are a lot of variables to readers being more wrong than right, especially relying too heavily on a reader and what they say. Go into with either low expectations or for entertainment purposes only. Working on yourself in general is key, as opposed to trying to work on some guy - all that stuff should transpire naturally, not by what some reader says. They have only a snapshot and are never clear on the bigger picture.

Offline Sassy843

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »
Thanks y'all...all of you have got me right together this morning and I appreciate it.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
What you are wanting cant easily be obtained by working with psychics. I mean, there is a chance, but it is highly unlikely. You are better off
just being patient with yourself about your dating journey while still having strong boundaries about what you wont fall for. In reality, 90 percent
of guys are NOT going to be your match anyway---so why get discouraged when like reflects that? Just wait it out until a worthy candidate comes
along. Its not always a case of something being "wrong" with you if you are not attracting the right guy.

After many years of using readers, I've come to the conclusion that you can't use them and expect them to be reliable and consistent in the ways
most clients want. Have low expectations about what they can do, use their insights as brain candy, and have fun if you choose to spend money on them.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »
What you are wanting cant easily be obtained by working with psychics. I mean, there is a chance, but it is highly unlikely. You are better off
just being patient with yourself about your dating journey while still having strong boundaries about what you wont fall for. In reality, 90 percent
of guys are NOT going to be your match anyway---so why get discouraged when like reflects that? Just wait it out until a worthy candidate comes
along. Its not always a case of something being "wrong" with you if you are not attracting the right guy.

After many years of using readers, I've come to the conclusion that you can't use them and expect them to be reliable and consistent in the ways
most clients want. Have low expectations about what they can do, use their insights as brain candy, and have fun if you choose to spend money on them.
Yes and remember that mantra...you have to kiss 1000 frogs before you get one prince? It's like that for some. I still believe in love at first sight for others, just not for me. Basically just find what works for you.

Offline njlady

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »
I totally get what you're saying as far as going out and meeting new people because that's what I've been doing however, when the new people that you're meeting all seem to be "dead end" situations that's where the insight or advice of a psychic comes in to play for me. Not to tell me what I want because I know what I want, but to advise if that course I'm currently on is going to lead to the relationship that I want. To me getting the advice of a psychic is the same as using GPS. You know how to get from point a to point b without the GPS, but sometimes you need a little help to navigate you in the right direction because sometimes you run into road blocks, dead ends and detours

EHarmony is the way to go.

I got a ex MLB player, lawyers, teachers, actors, all quality men.  I'm in the NYC metro area and my specs were pretty high, but they delivered.

Offline Sassy843

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
I never thought about E-harmony. I might have to give them a shot

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 01:32:56 AM »
Eharmony is pretty good, especially their character assessment of yourself, although that isn't what it's called. It takes a minute, but fill it out thoroughly so your matches are enjoyable. That was the best part of it for me at the end of the day.

Oh, be sure and google the net for coupon codes. Many of them still work, just try as many as you come across.
I had some great deals.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 02:26:04 AM »

The thing is, getting advice from a psychic is not like using a GPS because they don't know anymore than any other person you see on the street. I read with dozens of these idiots and spent a few grand on them, and nothing they ever said happened, ever. If you want advice on dating, you're better off spending your money on a relationship counselor or something. Psychics are at home sitting on their asses collecting your money by the minute, and they sit there and tell you what you want to hear.

No one ever said dating is easy. I have struggled with the same situation, one disappointing date after another, until I finally meet someone that I connect with. A psychic is not going to make that happen any faster than it is.

anything