Author Topic: Some Myth Busting from a Keen Advisor  (Read 28388 times)

Offline pprincess

Some Myth Busting from a Keen Advisor
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:14:10 AM »
I just wanted to bust some myths I’ve been reading on here.

1)   All Keen Advisors are Just There for Money
No, not all advisors are there for the money. Some of us truly enjoy using our gifts to help others and actually get very tense and restless if some of that energy isn’t directed outwards. Keen gives us an easily-accessible outlet that is convenient for those of us that have demanding day jobs so can’t schedule a lot of in-person readings at reasonable hours.

Also, even when we aren’t in it for the income, many of us are forced to charge more than the minimum because charging the minimum means you have to deal with all of the most abusive callers. You get an exponentially greater quality of client at $5 per minute versus $2 per minute. When your rate is the minimum, you get nonstop calls from underage kids and psychic-hoppers trying to rush an answer out of you in 1 minute or less and will then rate you based on how your yes/no answer compared to what everyone else told them. Nobody wants to take those calls. If you want to work with clients who are actually looking for insight, you either have to charge more than the minimum, or just hang up instantly on the majority of the calls you get.
And even the readers that are indeed working on Keen full-time for income: So, what’s wrong with that? If you have a skill or gift, should you not use it as your day job if you can and if you enjoy it? Do you think it’s such a fun job that people want to do it all day every day for free?

2)   Keen Advisors Share Information on Clients
This one I really don’t understand. In what way would it benefit me to share client information with another advisor? Wouldn’t that just lose me clients because that advisor would appear to know more than I did when the client called them? And that’s if the client happened to even call that advisor – there are hundreds of advisors active on Keen at any moment and thousands of clients. So here we have to assume that I give your info to a friend, you happen to call that friend at some point, and that friend then is able to access the info I gave them on you, read it, answer your call and have all this info ready within 60 seconds? No.

There are basher lists available online that list out the Keen usernames of people who consistently leave one-star ratings, but those lists – as you can google for yourself – don’t contain personal information about the clients that can be used to fake being psychic. And if you’re on that list and a reader finds you there, they most likely won’t take your call at all.

In terms of the reader-only forums on Keen: You have to have a few hundred ratings in order to view them so don’t believe the clients on here who say they have a reader account so that they can view the forums. They can’t see the real ones unless they have been actively working as a reader on Keen for a while, but rest assured that Keen heavily monitors the forums and does not allow us to share any client information there at all. If we even complain about a rating they will delete the post, which is why the online basher lists exist at all.

3)   Readers Purposely Lie to You
As an occasional client on Keen I’ve received my share of bogus predictions, but I don’t believe that the readers purposely misled me. I think some readers are totally bogus, and if you watch you will see that many get weeded out by the feedback system rather quickly. But it doesn’t even make sense that we would be giving out lies that we know will never happen because – duh – we will get terrible feedback, no repeat clients, and will no longer be able to use the site. I think we all do our best, and often times our callers just do not listen to our advice. I can’t even begin to remember all the times I’ve told a client that in order to reach a favorable outcome they had to take a certain action or behave a certain way, then they came back and told me they did the opposite. The future is changeable and subject to your free will. If you are not going to follow the advice of your advisor then how do you expect to get the outcome they predicted?

One more thing I want to point out is that the population that posts here is not representative of the majority of the clientele on Keen. It seems to be a pretty small sample of psychic-hoppers.  The clients who come to us once a month for guidance or only when they are at a crossroads in their relationship or career (those who use readings in a healthy way and have an excellent relationship with their trusted advisor) are not the ones who are posting here, yet those are the ones you would actually want to listen to if you wanted to know which advisors to call.

If you have questions about the reader perspective on Keen I’ll try to answer them, but do not ask what my Keen username is because I’m not here to gain or lose clients. I was just reading some really bitter stuff on here and a lot of people blaming psychics for their relationship problems so I thought I’d put in a couple of my own cents.

BTW: If you are so anxious about your relationship that you call 15 psychics to find out what’s going to happen in that relationship: the answer is NOTHING because you’ve already destroyed it with your intensity and anxiety and insecurity. The object of your obsession can sense it and finds it unattractive and repellent. Nobody wants to be around that kind of energy (including the psychics). Stop calling us and work on being more easy-going.

Offline pprincess

Re: Some Myth Busting from a Keen Advisor
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »
Something I forgot to add but would like to put out there: I see a lot of people here seem to have a problem with us not being as attached to you as you might be to us, so I want to remind you that this is a totally one-sided relationship. We listen to you and try to give you insight and other perspectives on your problems, but you do not listen to our problems. If you look through feedback you will see that clients get very disgruntled if a psychic tries to tell them anything about their own life so most of us avoid it. You’re paying and it’s your reading and it’s all about you. That makes our relationship more similar to a relationship you’d have with a therapist than to a friend. We do not build real friendships on Keen because our conversation is all about you. That doesn’t mean we don’t care, but still, we aren’t friends.

Offline Kate

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:23:16 AM »
Thank you for your post - I found it very interesting, and really appreciate your thoughts.

I never thought that the good advisors I have spoken to are just in it for the money. I genuinely value the readers I have created an ongoing relationship with and do follow the advice given to the best of my ability.

However, one paragraph I do question:

"One more thing I want to point out is that the population that posts here is not representative of the majority of the clientele on Keen. It seems to be a pretty small sample of psychic-hoppers.  The clients who come to us once a month for guidance or only when they are at a crossroads in their relationship or career (those who use readings in a healthy way and have an excellent relationship with their trusted advisor) are not the ones who are posting here, yet those are the ones you would actually want to listen to if you wanted to know which advisors to call."

Based on my own experience, I disagree with the above. 

There may be a few who call instant chat services once a month or so when they are at a crossroads (although if this was the case, I don't know why they would not book an appointment for a private reading as it is far more affordable.)

Rather, I imagine that Keen and other platforms attract a larger majority of people that find themselves emotionally trapped in a situation, and in the process of looking for advice and a way out of the emotional pain, get addicted to the temporary relief talking to a psychic can bring.

This sounds like the "psychic hoppers" you refer to.  Unfortunately, the instant chat service (whilst it can be very useful for quick advice) all too often lends itself to creating this type of addiction. 

I think for the people on this forum, we'd be better of if psychic advice was still available by appointment only.

Offline pprincess

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:16:35 AM »

There may be a few who call instant chat services once a month or so when they are at a crossroads (although if this was the case, I don't know why they would not book an appointment for a private reading as it is far more affordable.)

Rather, I imagine that Keen and other platforms attract a larger majority of people that find themselves emotionally trapped in a situation, and in the process of looking for advice and a way out of the emotional pain, get addicted to the temporary relief talking to a psychic can bring.

I have literally over a hundred clients who call me on Keen only on a monthly (or every couple month) basis or only when they are going through a major life change or are stuck in a rut. And I'm only one reader who works only part time/sporadically on Keen. Those people make up the majority of the clientele, I assure you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:36:49 AM by pprincess »

Offline Kate

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:21 PM »

I have literally over a hundred clients who call me on Keen only on a monthly (or every couple month) basis or only when they are going through a major life change or are stuck in a rut. And I'm only one reader who works only part time/sporadically on Keen. Those people make up the majority of the clientele, I assure you.

Sure - but are you sure they are not calling other psychics in-between calling you?  There is only one psychic I have read with weekly - the others I have only touched base with once a month or so.. when I'm looking for a new opinion etc.

Offline jas

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »
PPrincess thank you for sharing.  This is a good conversation between you and Kate, very insightful on both parts.  I have two psychics I call on a monthly basis and I deeply value their guidance...couldn't live without it.  However, as Kate stated, I do call other psychics in between. I call one because she is fun to talk to, another because she is great with my animals, another one is an astrologer - so I get a mixture.  I NEVER leave anything less than five stars because I realize they are trying to make a living.  Unfortunately, just like you guys get abusive callers, we also get readers who are simply guessing - they have no talent.  Therefore we (the callers) are forced to call several to find one good one that we can connect with, thus the "hopping".

Offline Kate

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
PPrincess thank you for sharing.  This is a good conversation between you and Kate, very insightful on both parts.  I have two psychics I call on a monthly basis and I deeply value their guidance...couldn't live without it.  However, as Kate stated, I do call other psychics in between. I call one because she is fun to talk to, another because she is great with my animals, another one is an astrologer - so I get a mixture.  I NEVER leave anything less than five stars because I realize they are trying to make a living.  Unfortunately, just like you guys get abusive callers, we also get readers who are simply guessing - they have no talent.  Therefore we (the callers) are forced to call several to find one good one that we can connect with, thus the "hopping".

So so true - it has taken hundreds of calls to end up with the handful I talk to now -and this forum has assisted immensely. 

I've met someone who has become a very close friend through this forum. I also found the best readers by taking member's advice. 

Additionally, it has helped me with the LoA and not calling so often.  I really value the psychics I talk to now.

One has really changed my life for the better - she is amazing. 

So yes - I am a self confessed psychic hopper - or at least I was.  Now I stick with those who have been validated through time, experience....and too many $$.

It's a rare skill and I think we all appreciate the energy it takes to read someone, and sympathise with the abuse some callers must give (or their unrealistic expectations.)

I recall one psychic I consult often telling me he charges a little more because he wants to filter out callers that are time wasters or abusive (i.e. $5 a min rather than $2).

However, there is another psychic I read with on occasion on Keen who won't charge more than the minimum on principle.

He genuinely wants to help his callers, and this always comes across in the advice he gives. I enjoy my calls with him far more because of it. I never feel the need to hurry him, or the panic I feel when being charged over $5 a min.

Offline candy1

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
I am going to pipe up too, as I also have "psychic hopped" while trying to find the ones that worked best for me.  AND - after coming to this forum, found some that I felt worked for me.  And I would try not to call any of them all the time.  BUT when I would get overly anxious about my situation, confused or whatever, I too would call more than just my fav go to's.  I no longer have an account on Keen, I am trying really hard not to get readings (though I have had a couple on another platform I have used over the years) and yes, I miss being able to have my go to's at the ready for me.  Which is something I am working on in myself to hopefully have my situation play out the way it is meant to. 

I don't think the majority of those on this site are what pprincess claimed them to be.  Not saying that there isn't a few because it is clear that some are.  Also, I agree, that we are responsible for our outcomes, and that we can't blame the psychics if "nothing ever happens" and they are "all scammers" and "all frauds".  When we are consistently doing things to sabotage our outcomes.  We are also the ones responsible for calling hundreds of psychics in a month (if we are) and spending our money on psychics, you can't blame the psychics for that.  Sure there are some scammers out there, but I also think there are some very genuine and ethical readers out there as well. 

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
I am going to pipe up too, as I also have "psychic hopped" while trying to find the ones that worked best for me.  AND - after coming to this forum, found some that I felt worked for me.  And I would try not to call any of them all the time.  BUT when I would get overly anxious about my situation, confused or whatever, I too would call more than just my fav go to's.  I no longer have an account on Keen, I am trying really hard not to get readings (though I have had a couple on another platform I have used over the years) and yes, I miss being able to have my go to's at the ready for me.  Which is something I am working on in myself to hopefully have my situation play out the way it is meant to. 

I don't think the majority of those on this site are what pprincess claimed them to be.  Not saying that there isn't a few because it is clear that some are.  Also, I agree, that we are responsible for our outcomes, and that we can't blame the psychics if "nothing ever happens" and they are "all scammers" and "all frauds".  When we are consistently doing things to sabotage our outcomes.  We are also the ones responsible for calling hundreds of psychics in a month (if we are) and spending our money on psychics, you can't blame the psychics for that. Sure there are some scammers out there, but I also think there are some very genuine and ethical readers out there as well.

YES!  that's an important point...it's like no one is forcing us to psychic hop and to spend all this money.  Some people might call one or two psychics and then let things play out or not play out (LOL) and then move on with their lives.  It's not the psychics fault if we go from one to the next and obsess...for me, it was all about alleviating my anxiety and getting different opinions, and that was the worst part of it!  I think a healthier person than myself might just have called a few and moved ahead......

Offline Kate

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 04:20:06 PM »

I don't think the majority of those on this site are what pprincess claimed them to be.  Not saying that there isn't a few because it is clear that some are.  Also, I agree, that we are responsible for our outcomes, and that we can't blame the psychics if "nothing ever happens" and they are "all scammers" and "all frauds".  When we are consistently doing things to sabotage our outcomes.  We are also the ones responsible for calling hundreds of psychics in a month (if we are) and spending our money on psychics, you can't blame the psychics for that. Sure there are some scammers out there, but I also think there are some very genuine and ethical readers out there as well.

YES!  that's an important point...it's like no one is forcing us to psychic hop and to spend all this money.  Some people might call one or two psychics and then let things play out or not play out (LOL) and then move on with their lives.  It's not the psychics fault if we go from one to the next and obsess...for me, it was all about alleviating my anxiety and getting different opinions, and that was the worst part of it!  I think a healthier person than myself might just have called a few and moved ahead......

I don't think it's the psychic's fault either.  It is rather a consequence of platforms like Keen that offer such an easy service. Calling is like taking a painkiller at first.... it numbs emotional pain and easily becomes addictive for that reason. 

For want of a better analogy, it's like gambling.  Some cities have one casino.  Sure a smaller percentage of people will get addicted and go there often, but most will only attend occasionally for a bit of "fun" say once a month or so, or on a special occasion.

However, other countries and cities have casinos on every street corner - as a consequence far more become addicted - it's too easily available.

I think that's my point re Keen and others..

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »
exactly right Kate...it's so easy to just click and chat. 

Offline Beesa

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »
Good, enlightening post and exchange. Thank you.

Offline njlady

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
One more thing I want to point out is that the population that posts here is not representative of the majority of the clientele on Keen. It seems to be a pretty small sample of psychic-hoppers. 

Painting with a pretty broad brush there, lol.

Are there a lot of psychic addicts here? Yes.  Is everyone? No. 

I do have this forum to thank for finding my two regulars, who I call every one to two months, depending on what is going on.  There are a couple of others I speak to once in a while for a different perspective. 

Offline bstalling

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »
Meh, all of what you posted can be countered. There were/are Keen advisors that share information, maybe not so much now since traffic is low. But it has happened
and they have been caught doing it. At one point, a few posters here shared too much informationa bout themselves, and a few readers would just regurgitate what was posted on
here. There are indeed readers that just say whatever to make a few quick bucks. I'm not understanding why these are "myths" as you classified them. Its one reason why we clients have
had to "hop" around....to actually find someone that is good at what they claim to do---predict the future and provide insight.

For the most part, I think this is an insightful board with most clients offering good feedback about the readers they have tried. There are some addicts here and a few delusionals,
but I would think we are just critiquing a service provided. I'm an active poster, but that dosent mean I'm calling everyday. I actually just stick to a few that I call once or twice a month. At this point, most of what I share is based on past experiences or truths being revealed after time has passed. Its actually good to look back a few years and see how things turned out for people. How else are we to determine if you are a quality reader or not?

Offline pprincess

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 09:02:13 PM »
I expected this reaction to referring to the majority of posters here as psychic hoppers. Did it hit a nerve? Did you take that personally? You're making my point for me on that score. And you know it - most of the people posting here are addicts or recovering addicts. The majority of our clients are not on on this message board.

Yes I can usually tell when people are being obsessive and calling a bunch of us, and I can tell when they are seeking to be told what they want to hear and aren't really looking for guidance and real insight into their problems. I can tell when nothing I can say will actually get through to them. It is an anxious energy you get from the caller, it is obvious in the kinds of questions they ask, the way they respond to you, and in their reviews. When you are on an obsessive psychic-calling run you are not really receptive to what we have to say. You don't really seem to absorb what we say because you are too busy comparing it to what someone else said, and often rushing us because you have not budgeted for the reading but are instead over-spending as it is and hyper-aware of every minute. You think that doesn't come across?

If you are calling a few favorites for different reasons/different kinds of questions, then that is not what I'm talking about. But to insist that those here - people who use Keen so much that they seek out an online message board to discuss readers and predictions - are not a limited sample of the Keen client population is not rational. You can tell that just by looking at a single reader's reviews and comparing to that the number of posters here, or googling the clients that leave reviews and seeing how many other psychics they have left reviews for. Most of our clients do not have a psychic addiction.

anything