Author Topic: While you wait....  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Sunshinegirl

• Veterans
While you wait....
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:44:18 AM »

Ok, again, many people have asked me what I did to stay postive while I waited for SM to come back so I thought I would post it here with some thoughts that "might" help some of you.   Believe me... this was HARD!   But I did it!

So, the first thing I tried to do is to not focus my thoughts (other than manifestation medications) on him.  I thought about everything else in my life and what I wanted to do and learn.   I bought books and read on many different subjects that I was interested in.   I went out with friends. I went on dates. I went on vactions.   I worked on my house.  I did things that were important to ME and anything to focus on something other than him.

I think I mentioned this before, but I bought the book "Catch Him and Keep Him" and read it and studied it cover to cover.   I know it sounds like I focused on SM here but I made it be about men in general rather than about SM.    If he wasn't coming back, I was going to be prepared mentally for what's next and it taught me A LOT about men.    I would never recommend the rest of the series as they are just money makers for Christian Carter, but book one was great as far as I was concerned!

One of the things that has taken ME forever to learn is that just because I was committed to someone in MY head didn't mean that I was committed to them otherwise.   I was free to live me life, and enjoy myself regardless of where he was with his issues.    I needed to be the most important person to ME before I could be his important person.    Whether this is an issue for some of you, I don't know but learning this lesson has completely changed my world and my persepective. 

I hope this was of some help to some of you.   I'm rooting for you all!!!

Blessings!

Offline kiki155

Re: While you wait....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 05:03:39 PM »
I love this. Thank you, Sunshinegirl!

Offline cj

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:18:20 PM »
I love it tooo...jeez it seems like the only ay to be with your sm after you've met them is through patience and faith. Can I ask you what circumstances made it a challenge for you guys? And how long did you wait. I have a soulmate story also and it seems like all hope is lost for me :(

sammiepoo

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:23:39 AM »
I have read some of Christian Carter books and I think he mentions that it takes a man 3 weeks and sometimes longer to realize what he has lost and i agree with that 100 percent