Author Topic: Done with Keen  (Read 7302 times)

Offline SunshineChick22

Done with Keen
« on: December 24, 2017, 03:58:19 AM »
I had an issue with keen a couple of weeks ago wherein when I was trying to add money, I was getting an error saying address incorrect. On the 7th try, it let the transaction go through. It was for $28. Well low and behold, the next day, I saw the initial 6 transactions that I thought hadn't gone through, had actually gone through through my bank account, but had not been added to my keen account. I waited a couple of days to see if the transactions would fall off. They did not. So I emailed keen, showed them the copy of my keen transactions and my bank transactions and requested a refund to my debit card. I received a response stating they wouldn't refund to my debit card, but would add the $ into my keen account. I explained I didn't want the $ in my keen account, that I wanted it refunded to my card as I didn't want to use that much $ for readings. They refused saying the only type of refunds they offer is in keen dollars. So I explained to them I was going to dispute the transactions with my bank. I received no response. So I disputed the additional transactions with my bank and I attached the email correspondence from keen. Well, last week I tried to login to my keen account. Now, mind you, I have had that account for 7 years, no issues, and have spent probably tens of thousands of dollars there. So I go to login and my account is disabled. I call keen and they told me that if I call my bank and tell them that the dispute was a mistake, allow the bank to give them the money back, and allow them to refund me in keen dollars, they'll enable my account again. I couldn't believe it. I was like nope, no thanks. Turns out it was the best thing that could've happened because I haven't received a reading sense, I haven't been anxious or anything to get a reading, and best of all, I'm saving all that money lol so Keen's loss really, but I'm going to say it was divine intervention telling me I need to regain control of my life. I definitely feel a lot better too because I don't get anxious and upset if I get a bad or an off reading. I'm learning to just take things day by day.

Offline whskers

Re: Done with Keen
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 04:04:41 AM »
Good for you! Go girl go!

Offline marciamia

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 04:52:42 AM »
What in the world?? They have NEVER given me a problem like that when I want my Keen balance transferred back to my credit card. They really need to get the old Keen back because I just sent an email last week asking them to transfer my funds back to my card and I get an email stating “per your request, we have closed your account.” I was like “umm, where do you get close my account from refund my balance to my credit card?” Whoever that customer service rep, Ana, is I think she needs a job that doesn’t require a brain. After 5 emails I finally get a response saying it was a misunderstanding. Yea, I’m dumbfounded with that one...

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:54:27 AM »
Keen is losing a whole lot of money between their lousey platform glitches and their customer service issues.

Offline peppie

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 09:47:05 AM »
but I'm going to say it was divine intervention telling me I need to regain control of my life.

I think THIS is what is really happening.

BTW, what's up with the new customer service reps? It looks like they are outsourcing customer service now - is that true?

Also, I never call. If you ask for a refund (for money in your account) through the site it happens super quick.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 12:20:11 PM »
Blessing in disguise for sure.

Offline jas

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
About a year ago I was trying to add $9.50 ended up adding $950 - I called CS immediately and the put the refund process in motion. It took about 3 to 4 days before it was back in my account (I used a debit card) but I did get it back. 

To say the least, I am extremely careful when adding money now.  Thank God they refunded it.

Offline whskers

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
About a year ago I was trying to add $9.50 ended up adding $950 - I called CS immediately and the put the refund process in motion. It took about 3 to 4 days before it was back in my account (I used a debit card) but I did get it back. 

To say the least, I am extremely careful when adding money now.  Thank God they refunded it.

Something similar happened to me. But I think the problem with sunshine is she added money and it didn’t show in keen. So keen wants  to give her like “bonus” money. But sunshine doesn’t want to spend that much money and keen won’t refund her since it’s a bonus money.

Offline Kate

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 05:11:45 PM »
What in the world?? They have NEVER given me a problem like that when I want my Keen balance transferred back to my credit card. They really need to get the old Keen back because I just sent an email last week asking them to transfer my funds back to my card and I get an email stating “per your request, we have closed your account.” I was like “umm, where do you get close my account from refund my balance to my credit card?” Whoever that customer service rep, Ana, is I think she needs a job that doesn’t require a brain. After 5 emails I finally get a response saying it was a misunderstanding. Yea, I’m dumbfounded with that one...

I had a similar issue - there was a technical problem with the call - I could hear the advisor but they could not hear me..so minutes were eaten up whilst I was frantically trying to be heard. I stayed on the phone until the problem resolved because I'd been in the advisor's queue for a while and did not want to miss the call.  I wrote to Keen to complain and ask for a partial refund - and they refused.  I was so angry at this point, i told them I wanted to close my account. They wrote back that they had credited my account with $25 and closed it.

Obviously, with a closed account I could not take advantage of the $25, so I asked them to credit my card with the payment instead.. they once again refused. I continued to complain but it made no difference - the only way I could use the credit was to reopen the account.

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 12:23:19 AM »
I've been done with keen for a few months now. After being on this board for over 18 months and having read with some of the readers recommended they were all wrong. While a few did pick up on my situation and I mean a few. I could count on one hand. I don't think anyone is missing anything in closing their account. In the 18 months I've been on here I've seen more people with a wrong outcome than a correct one. There are so many better readers out there. Just go back and read the posts, in all here in Black and White. Merry Christmas!

Offline Kate

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
Wow some of these stories are amazing.. I rarely read with my go-to on Keen, so thankfully I don't use the site much anymore.. but now and again I reach out... Maybe Keen will end up doing us all a favour and inspire us to let go of readings for good.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 03:13:45 PM »
I've been done with keen for a few months now. After being on this board for over 18 months and having read with some of the readers recommended they were all wrong. While a few did pick up on my situation and I mean a few. I could count on one hand. I don't think anyone is missing anything in closing their account. In the 18 months I've been on here I've seen more people with a wrong outcome than a correct one. There are so many better readers out there. Just go back and read the posts, in all here in Black and White. Merry Christmas!

Keen is the worst, I hate that site and am so glad I don't use it anymore..agree with you!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 05:33:34 AM »
Also, I never call. If you ask for a refund (for money in your account) through the site it happens super quick.
I agree with this. I got two refunds within the same day, like thirty minutes apart. It wasn't a lot of money mind you, just the first minute of two separate calls, but I realized I didn't want to talk to either reader, so I hung up, then requested a refund through the Keen site. I got emails stating the refunds were made, the very next day. Also, one of the readers sent minutes thinking it was a technical glitch I believe.

anything