Author Topic: Letting go, having faith and seeing what happens....  (Read 6277 times)

Offline candy1

Letting go, having faith and seeing what happens....
« on: December 04, 2017, 12:42:47 AM »
I just looked at my keen account - I am three days shy of a month of no readings - I had 5 readings in November.  Right now, I have no desire to read and feel good!  Things with my POI (and reason for readings) are still - ongoing - or a work in progress, and I am ok with that.  I have recently seen some predictions start coming around - one from Judi actually in particular.  But I'm not holding to psychics predictions or timeframes anymore - things will happen as they're meant to.

I grew up with a strong Christian background, I have always believed that what is meant to be will be, but after years and years of abuse (starting in childhood) I struggle with not being in control of EVERYTHING.  In October I did a New Moon ritual and did a journal and listed my wants/desires and in that I also stated peace and calm in my current situation - Letting go and letting God take over and no more need for psychics.  Truthfully - I have always believed in God - but struggle with believing in myself and my own intuition. 

I'm not really sure my point of the post - I'm hoping that maybe it will help others in finding their own peace... Maybe it won't?  As I said I'm starting to,see things (predictions) starting to manifest - but  instead of me needing more readings more validations - I don't want them... I want to see what God has in store for me and my POI instead. 

Offline candy1

Re: Letting go, having faith and seeing what happens....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:33:20 AM »
Congrats!

It's a hard habit to break, but you can do it. I'd not just keep us updated here, but talk to someone in real life and keep up the good work.

One day at a time.

Thank you Realist! I feel good, I still go and look on keen - mostly read emails from some of the readers that email things I like to read.  I pulled myself out of lines for arranged calls and wasn't even remotely bothered by missing a call from a reader I waited for for months.  No one in my "real life" knows about how much I was getting readings.  So talking to them is not something I'm prepared to do... But I pray... I pray a lot - because that's what I believe.  I have no need, want or desire to read, that doesn't mean I am putting so much pressure on myself to say I will NEVER get a read again - but I don't want to right now.  And that feels great. 

What's meant to be will be and I am telling myself that everyday! As you said... One day at a time!

Offline cosmogirl76

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
Yaaaayyyy 15 days without a reading and feeling good! My bank account is much happier too lol ;-)

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:01:49 PM »
Yaaaayyyy 15 days without a reading and feeling good! My bank account is much happier too lol ;-)

same here! I've gotten a few readings in the last month but overall I'm spending SOOO much less and treating myself to different things, clothing and shoes, manicures, etc..., and most importantly, saving!

I think as you realize more and more that the majority of stuff doesn't pan out, the temptation to get readings lessens more and more.  For me, anyway.  I felt so different about them in the beginning - I believed in them wholeheartedly.   This forum has also helped me tremendously.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:04:08 PM by sawthelight »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »
same here! I've gotten a few readings in the last month but overall I'm spending SOOO much less and treating myself to different things, clothing and shoes, manicures, etc..., and most importantly, saving!

I think as you realize more and more that the majority of stuff doesn't pan out, the temptation to get readings lessens more and more.  For me, anyway.  I felt so different about them in the beginning - I believed in them wholeheartedly.   This forum has also helped me tremendously.

I believe too, that many people have to go through the experience of seeing how many things don't pan out, especially with multiple readings, to recognize how there are waaaaay more bad readers than there are good ones. It's never an all or nothing. I'm not even saying to never get a reading again, because some of them do have a calming effect, that doesn't involve meditation which doesn't work. When people post, just stop getting readings, it's just so ineffective imo. It's better the person goes through it, in order to see for themselves.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »
Yes...it's definitely a lesson to be learned by experience, not someone telling you to stop...I know, for me, I really took a look at what I was spending, and where I was with the person of interest and felt so damn stupid!  I just felt pathetic, tbh. 

I have a few readers that have been accurate for me and they are the type that don't keep you coming back again and again for reassurance...I just let things play out.

Offline candy1

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
Thanks everyone, and for those who are also working at cutting back/stopping - I wish you all the best of luck.  For me, honestly it has nothing to do with things not panning out the way predicted, in fact, my situation is "panning" out how it was predicted, and since finding this site and starting to talk to the more favored psychics here - in basically the approx. time frame.  Who knows for outcome.  My need to stop was this 1) I constantly have struggled with my faith and my need for readings - knowing basically that with my faith and belief in God, I should not be getting readings - but my lack of faith in myself and my own intuition and my desperate need for control and need to know, I couldn't "not" get readings, and 2) the amount of money I spent was appalling to me as I am not an "addictive" personality so why am I wasting all my money on something that I have nothing to show for.  And 3) it definitely wasn't helping me or my situation.

I have a unique situation with my POI (as I am sure many of us think we do).  I don't know what the outcome will be - hopefully it will be what has been predicted for me... BUT I am finally at a point where I know that it's going to be ok, one way or another.  I have faith that God is leading me the way I need to go and I feel good.

That is not to say I don't think about getting readings, I do.  It doesn't mean I don't go look on Keen, I do... It doesn't mean that I am totally perfectly perfect, because - I am not.  I am flawed and I am ok with that.  My POI is flawed and that's ok.  Our situation is not perfect, and it never will be - and that is what keeps it real.  I am working on this day by day, some days are super easy other days I am a mess and a work in progress, but I tell myself over and over and over and over again "what's meant to be will be, it's up to God - not me" and no psychic reading will ever change that.  And I pray, everyday, a lot - it helps me - a lot... So, hopefully that helps those out there trying to stop or cut back as well. 

Offline mystery123

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »
Congrats!

It's a hard habit to break, but you can do it. I'd not just keep us updated here, but talk to someone in real life and keep up the good work.

One day at a time.

Thank you Realist! I feel good, I still go and look on keen - mostly read emails from some of the readers that email things I like to read.  I pulled myself out of lines for arranged calls and wasn't even remotely bothered by missing a call from a reader I waited for for months.  No one in my "real life" knows about how much I was getting readings.  So talking to them is not something I'm prepared to do... But I pray... I pray a lot - because that's what I believe.  I have no need, want or desire to read, that doesn't mean I am putting so much pressure on myself to say I will NEVER get a read again - but I don't want to right now.  And that feels great. 

What's meant to be will be and I am telling myself that everyday! As you said... One day at a time!

That’s me right now!! Word by word.

Offline candy1

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
It's like reading kinda kept me from enjoying the moment. Constantly trying to know what's next would kill a lot of things for me. It is very hard to go cold turkey on this but I am doing my best. This forum has helped more than anything. Thank you all of you for sharing your experiences and being such a good support system.
Good Luck KRFun! I think the part that drove me the most nuts was not the trying to know what was coming next but the disappointment when contact didn't happen when it was "supposed" to or the seeing my POI didn't happen when it was "supposed" to.  We aren't "supposed" to know exactly what or when things are 'supposed' to happen - we're just supposed to live our lives and enjoy them.  Psychic readings prevent us from doing that.

Offline candy1

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »
Congrats!

One day at a time.

That’s me right now!! Word by word.

Good luck Mystery123!!  It's a nice weight to have lift isn't it! :)

Offline mystery123

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 12:20:13 AM »
Indeed! I do still feel sad, I do cry, but it's more grieving of a loss than what I had before anxiety, restlessness, and disappointment.  The sadness is in the moment with a knowing that God has some other better plans for me.

I am looking at it in this way now- for past two years, I have cried, prayed and done everything I could do but if still POI is not in my life then he is not meant to be. It's like when parents don't give you something that's not good for you -- you can beg, cry, throw a tantrum.. but they know what's best for you.. I am thinking the same applies to universe/God/higher power.

Someone somewhere up there can see the bigger picture. It's so hard sometimes to keep your faith especially when you don't see anything moving.. but I just feel better and more peaceful knowing that things will be okay one day.

I still like getting readings, but I won't do Keen or bitwine anymore..if a friend is offering one or maybe once or twice a year just a general reading because I have always enjoyed reading astrology books, palmistry, tarot..so it's a field which interests me but I am not gonna pine over a situation..that just doesn't fit well with me and I feel like I am not living just waiting for next month and then next..

Offline Universal9

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »
Fantastically thought about post. I like how some of us have the power to let go, and see what happens. Having a high sense of self worth as well as knowing that you deserve the best life has to offer during these times is very important.

I just looked at my keen account - I am three days shy of a month of no readings - I had 5 readings in November.  Right now, I have no desire to read and feel good!  Things with my POI (and reason for readings) are still - ongoing - or a work in progress, and I am ok with that.  I have recently seen some predictions start coming around - one from Judi actually in particular.  But I'm not holding to psychics predictions or timeframes anymore - things will happen as they're meant to.

I grew up with a strong Christian background, I have always believed that what is meant to be will be, but after years and years of abuse (starting in childhood) I struggle with not being in control of EVERYTHING.  In October I did a New Moon ritual and did a journal and listed my wants/desires and in that I also stated peace and calm in my current situation - Letting go and letting God take over and no more need for psychics.  Truthfully - I have always believed in God - but struggle with believing in myself and my own intuition. 

I'm not really sure my point of the post - I'm hoping that maybe it will help others in finding their own peace... Maybe it won't?  As I said I'm starting to,see things (predictions) starting to manifest - but  instead of me needing more readings more validations - I don't want them... I want to see what God has in store for me and my POI instead.

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:40 AM »

I believe too, that many people have to go through the experience of seeing how many things don't pan out, especially with multiple readings, to recognize how there are waaaaay more bad readers than there are good ones. It's never an all or nothing. I'm not even saying to never get a reading again, because some of them do have a calming effect, that doesn't involve meditation which doesn't work. When people post, just stop getting readings, it's just so ineffective imo. It's better the person goes through it, in order to see for themselves.

In all honesty, that's mostly all that readings are good for, to calm someone down, but it doesn't help if what they turn out to say never happens and then you're an even greater emotional wreck, but that's definitely why readings are so addicting because when you really think about it, you already know that the next reader you call will probably tell you the same thing as the last 5 readers (usually positive outcomes) and that calling will not change what happens.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 01:31:56 AM »
In all honesty, that's mostly all that readings are good for, to calm someone down, but it doesn't help if what they turn out to say never happens and then you're an even greater emotional wreck, but that's definitely why readings are so addicting because when you really think about it, you already know that the next reader you call will probably tell you the same thing as the last 5 readers (usually positive outcomes) and that calling will not change what happens.

That's my point. If it doesn't help the caller to hear that everything is sunshine and rainbows through multiple readings, then at some point, the caller will take stock in that and realize the readers they are calling are not effective and decide to either stop calling or become more discerning. No one can keep doing something the same way and expect a different outcome. The choice becomes theirs to make and for them to decide what to do. You have to go through the falling down in order to learn to walk, as they say.

Offline candy1

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind comments and support.  Today I am 1 day shy of 40 days without any readings.  And today I took a huge step and closed my keen account and am waiting for Kasamba to close my account too.  Those are the only two I have consistently read on.  I want to take hold of my life, my finances and fix the mess I made of them.  I am putting my faith and trust back into God and just wanting to let things play out the way they are meant to.  I kept debating on closing my accounts or not (wanting to be able to go back and read transcripts etc...) but I wasn't reading transcripts and it was far too tempting.  I feel liberated :) 

I may eventually close this account too, but for now I will check in and leave feedback where I can. 

Good luck to all of you in your journey's - what ever that looks like!

Candy1