Author Topic: Older readings can be gold mines of helpful info  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Shayalay

Older readings can be gold mines of helpful info
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »
Does anybody else do this? I record my readings and every so often, I'll go back and re-listen to ones from months ago and find a lot really useful information or insight. Things that didn't make sense at the time, so I didn't retain them, suddenly make sense in light of new developments. I can then see more clearly what's going on in the present, and the info is useful in the present. Just wanted to pass that on in case anybody could use it.  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:08:16 AM by Shayalay »

Offline Shayalay

Re: Older readings can be gold mines of helpful info
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 11:51:59 PM »
Quicktime on my MacBook with my phone on speaker.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 11:55:00 PM »
I record all my readings and I go back and listen to them later too. And you're absolutely right about it making more sense later. Seems a complete waste to call a reader without recording it for later. Taking notes just doesn't cut it either. You lose so much info, their tone, the inferences and inflection.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 01:35:10 AM »
I think it's best to move forward.

It's one thing to take notes, it's another to relive the reading.

How often do you listen to it and do you listen to a lot of them? Are the readers cool with it?

How long have you hated your mother?

I mean if you're going to ask loaded questions, at least make them good ones. Taking notes is completely useless. You lose 90% of the reading.  I call once a month. I listen to my readings again a few days later and revisit them again in a few months. IDGAF if the readers are ok with it or not. I paid for the reading.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 02:04:08 AM »
What do u use to record?
Here are a couple of free downloads and both are easy to use while on speaker phone.
You can also take them off the phone and save the recording to your computer later through the usb.

ASR (Audio Sound Recorder): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.asr
Easy Voice Recorder: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coffeebeanventures.easyvoicerecorder&hl=en

Google them through your phone and download and install them that way. I believe they work on your computer too.
I love them both. I usually just transcribe the recording into my notes and revisit the notes. I on slim occasions go back to the recording.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
I think it's best to move forward.

It's one thing to take notes, it's another to relive the reading.

How often do you listen to it and do you listen to a lot of them? Are the readers cool with it?

How long have you hated your mother?

I mean if you're going to ask loaded questions, at least make them good ones. Taking notes is completely useless. You lose 90% of the reading.  I call once a month. I listen to my readings again a few days later and revisit them again in a few months. IDGAF if the readers are ok with it or not. I paid for the reading.

I agree about the notes.  I remember someone here mentioning they had notebooks full of notes..yeesh.  I think re-listening would be a much better way to determine accuracy.  But maybe that's because I take crappy notes LOL.

I like re-reading the transcripts too.  I went back and reread some of mine from earlier in the year and was able to see how wrong some readers were.