Author Topic: Keen Policy yet again!  (Read 5806 times)

Offline mystery123

Keen Policy yet again!
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:53:19 PM »
Will we have to pay this? I just randomly decided to login to my keen account today and was reading their updated policies which I had to agree to before I could login and saw this. I obviously didn't read the whole thing. I actually deleted my credit card information, don't want them be charging my card for nothing.

8. Account Maintenance Fee.
Keen may in its sole discretion charge an Account Maintenance Fee of two dollars ($2.00) per month for all User accounts. Further, Keen may in its sole discretion terminate your account if you do not use the Site or Services for period of twelve (12) months from the date of the last use.

Offline peppie

Re: Keen Policy yet again!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:26 PM »
What! I so didn't see that! WTH. Did you see that they can sell our information to third parties? I saw that part.

Offline kumamon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25:28 PM »
Will we have to pay this? I just randomly decided to login to my keen account today and was reading their updated policies which I had to agree to before I could login and saw this. I obviously didn't read the whole thing. I actually deleted my credit card information, don't want them be charging my card for nothing.

8. Account Maintenance Fee.
Keen may in its sole discretion charge an Account Maintenance Fee of two dollars ($2.00) per month for all User accounts. Further, Keen may in its sole discretion terminate your account if you do not use the Site or Services for period of twelve (12) months from the date of the last use.

Thanks! I didn't read details
I removed mine too

Offline Jewel101

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:37:32 PM »
Wow, i hope the very few good readers make separate websites.

Offline mystery123

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »
Just curious- what is arbitration? If anyone knows.

I didn’t read the whole thing but jus read through that portion ad didn’t follow

ladya

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »
Just curious- what is arbitration? If anyone knows.

I didn’t read the whole thing but jus read through that portion ad didn’t follow

It’s a way to solve disputes without court involvement. An arbitrary is like a third party who would solve the issue

Offline mystery123

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 02:49:51 AM »
Ah! Got it! Thanks guys! I don't think I am suing them so it's all good :D

Offline sharon

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »
You will not record or otherwise copy or store any live or pre-recorded voice call or Chat that you receive through the Site, including any Paid Mail. You will not record or otherwise store any voice call you conduct with a User. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Users may record and store their own pre-recorded voice calls (each, a "Recorded Listing" as described further on the Help page of the Site) to User in accordance with the User Services Rules Policy.

We pay hundreds of dollars and are not allowed to record what we pay for?
And I seriously did not get any refund for the last years.

"Our policy states that all customers are able to receive one satisfaction guarantee every 30 days up to $25"

But still I do not get my refund.

They dont stick to their own policy.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »
F! Keen. I'll record whatever I want on my dime on my own phone, cause I'm paying for it.
F! Keen and their rules. Seriously???

Offline peppie

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »
F! Keen. I'll record whatever I want on my dime on my own phone, cause I'm paying for it.
F! Keen and their rules. Seriously???
recording calls without letting someone know is illegal in some states.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:21:14 PM »
I don't give a crap about that. Really I don't.
It's only illegal when you plan to use it for something illegal and then it's thrown out of court as inadmissible. DON'T CARE!
(this is not directed at anyone here, just readers)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:23:19 PM by HornetKick »

Offline SunshineChick22

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »
I don't give a crap about that. Really I don't.
It's only illegal when you plan to use it for something illegal and then it's thrown out of court as inadmissible. DON'T CARE!
(this is not directed at anyone here, just readers)

I'm an attorney and I can tell you that everything about that statement is incorrect. I'm sure most readers don't care if you record. Keen really has no say if the reader agrees.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 10:32:02 PM »
Sorry, but you're incorrect.
This depends entirely on the state and country that you live in, and it will always be best to consult a lawyer who is familiar with your localities laws and your situation in specific.

Some states are known as "single-party consent" states where only one of the participants in the conversation has to know that a recording is taking place.

Other states are what are known as "all-party consent" states, where everyone taking place in the conversation must consent to being recorded, otherwise the recording is illegal.

Both of these normally only apply for conversations that would have an expectation of privacy.  (Phone calls, conversations in private spaces, etc.)  Conversations which occur in public are subjected to more scrutiny, but still may fall under the wiretap/interception of communication laws of various states.  For instance, it's often not allowed for surveillance cameras to record audio, because no parties in the conversation are aware that they're being recorded.  Auditoriums frequently have "Audio recording in progress" signs placed in obvious locations when a performer may be recording.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:36:11 PM by HornetKick »

Offline peppie

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »
i stand by what i stated earlier, but also how would you like it if someone was recording you talking without letting you know, paid or not paid?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 11:55:56 PM »
No worries, we can agree to disagree....
We are talking about psychics, No?