Author Topic: Has this board ruined some Keen careers?  (Read 13262 times)

Offline bstalling

Has this board ruined some Keen careers?
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »
I've been noticing that not a lot of readers bother to sign onto Keen anymore. My favorites list is quite small, but I've noticed that a lot of the regulars or a lot of readers
mentioned on this board don't sign on quite often anymore. I would like to think that people google readers, come to this board and make informed decisions about who
to call. Honestly, there are not a lot of boards like this online, where even lurkers can read for years on end without posting.

I remember years ago, when forums and message boards about psychics were not really popular...one reader acquantance of mine said that clients were getting reads like crazy
and she even made up to 10K in a single day. Of course, Keen has changed some of their rules, but I would like to think this board makes an impact.

Offline whit777

Re: Has this board ruined some Keen careers?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »
I don't think it's ruining their careers. There are still plenty of readers on there who are busy. They come and go all the time anyway. I do think though, that all of Keen's changes to sort of keep up with the times has probably pushed out a lot of the older readers who couldn't figure out the technology or who didn't want to deal with it. Not bashing on anyone. Just saying I could imagine they'd be frustrated when Keen didn't change for years and years and then suddenly, it's changing every day. I don't think reviews on here or anywhere else hurt the majority of them. I know that I personally scour reviews looking to make a decision but if I wanted to get a reading with that person before I looked at reviews, I'll probably still get the reading. I also found that I call them more because of reviews. When people have a lot of good things to say about someone, I figure I need to try them lol.

So the good ones and even the okay ones are probably doing better because of this. It's the ones who were just sort of advice or listening "psychics" that take more of a hit. These review boards are better at finding the real information like if predictions happened or if the reader was really on point about something. If the reviews on Keen are all "Thank you" or "I feel so much better" or "Very kind reader", that might look good but it doesn't tell us anything. So the advice or therapist type readers get a lot of those types of reviews and people call based off of that. But on this page, we can be more specific and talk about what the reader actually said and we can also interact with each other. I've even seen on this page where people found out the reader gave them all the same information that they thought was accurate at the time. And we can discuss psychic ability here and what that really means and why we got the reading in the first place. Anyway, I think what we review here helps the real psychics and might hurt the not so good ones but I don't think it's the source of any major changes.

Offline jas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:49:47 PM »
I agree with Whit - probably has helped more careers than hurt. 

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »
The board is fickle. It can send a rush of clients to a reader and a bad review can result in crickets. It does have a significant effect on their pocket books, but only if they get mentioned. If they don't, then obviously not.

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:24:43 AM »

I remember years ago, when forums and message boards about psychics were not really popular...one reader acquantance of mine said that clients were getting reads like crazy
and she even made up to 10K in a single day. Of course, Keen has changed some of their rules, but I would like to think this board makes an impact.
How much was that reader charging per minute?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 12:32:29 AM »
I've been noticing that not a lot of readers bother to sign onto Keen anymore. My favorites list is quite small, but I've noticed that a lot of the regulars or a lot of readers
mentioned on this board don't sign on quite often anymore. I would like to think that people google readers, come to this board and make informed decisions about who to call. Honestly, there are not a lot of boards like this online, where even lurkers can read for years on end without posting.

I remember years ago, when forums and message boards about psychics were not really popular...one reader acquantance of mine said that clients were getting reads like crazy and she even made up to 10K in a single day. Of course, Keen has changed some of their rules, but I would like to think this board makes an impact.
I believe there is an ebb and flow to it all tbh, but you have to consider all boards make an impact at some point, by certain degrees. I'm on two other boards and it's the same way, but some of the other boards don't mention the same readers so there is that and there are some forums I don't care to join, so it has to be a little of both. I too noticed that a lot of readers don't come on as regularly as they use to and I'm in line for a Cookie read. Down from 31 to 27 I think.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:47 AM »
I think going by what I have heard here and there and what I have seen on Rip Off report, Keen can be a pretty nasty environment to work in. If a reader attracts a following, they may have other readers gunning for them. Keen also runs some of them off with their policies.
Yep, I have heard about this as well.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 01:15:25 AM »
Double ditto on that too!

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 01:17:13 AM »
I gotta say this too...not to be nitpicky but I just don't consider what any of them do to be a career! Lmao

Agreed  ;D

Offline jas

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 01:36:05 AM »
Funny that this thread was started today.  I went to look for Dawn Maree and she is GONE - no call button, nothing.  She was still available a week ago and now there is nothing there.  A year ago you had to get in line and I have noticed that you can get her rather quickly.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 02:26:41 AM »

How much was that reader charging per minute?

Not sure, but it must have been in the teens of dollars and she must have been on all day.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »
I gotta say this too...not to be nitpicky but I just don't consider what any of them do to be a career! Lmao

LOL. Me too really, but I'm sure many readers have made Keen their main source of income for a good while, being able to pay their bills with it.

Another reason that prompted me to make this thread was all of the changes that Keen has been implementing these past few months. Makes me think
that revenue has been way down for them in general. Almost like people are wiser about the whole psychic thing and not bothering lol. I've also checked out other sites,
like Kasamba. Seems like they are on their last legs with all of the obviously poor readers on the front page. Not sure how California Psychics is doing, but they sure do send me a
lot of promos.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:32:28 AM by bstalling »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 03:39:19 AM »
Seriously, Keen is stingy as F! They need to start flowing with their promotions and give us more for being loyal. I would be accepting of some sort of frequent buyer program. Those crappy three mins are for newbies only, so the repeat clients need incentives too. Shysters!

Offline Universal9

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 04:23:36 AM »
Me too, keen and some readers get hurt because of the reviews. If someone says the reader saw reconciliation, and that did not happen, the potential caller would never contact that psychic.
This happened to me too, many months ago, sapphire21 was in my favorites list bookmarked to be called some day in the future. But on this forum, someone mentioned how sapphire fed her with stories on a sure reconciliation of sorts and the guy turned out to have been married to someone else during the process which came as a shock to her.
So how can most potentials call her if you think about it, this story would be anticipatingly playing in their minds when thinking about whether or not to call.  May be she is ethical and she just saw this vision which turned out to be wrong. But I dont know her, never read with her, and after hearing a story like this, I am not calling her. And that is her loss.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 04:38:27 AM »
Seriously, Keen is stingy as F! They need to start flowing with their promotions and give us more for being loyal. I would be accepting of some sort of frequent buyer program. Those crappy three mins are for newbies only, so the repeat clients need incentives too. Shysters!

LOL sometimes I get those "Add $5, get $10" promos.

anything