Author Topic: is it some weird psychological disorder that one seeks constant psychic valid...  (Read 2227 times)

Offline peppie

validation?

Offline peppie

There are many possible reasons. One is if you have ever been gaslighted by someone or are currently being gaslighted and you stopped trusting your own perception of things.
yes.... is that like.... a personality disorder though if you keep calling psychics?

Offline Universal9

Dont think it is a "personality disorder", but I have this problem of needing validation and now that you have raised this topic, I do feel it is a disorder of some sort. The best way I am learning is to be comfortable in the pain, to seep it through, and to let it be...its obviously difficult said that done  :P

Offline Sooshi

I don't think it would qualify as a disorder in itself. It could be considered a symptom and it could fit in with many disorders. It depends on your impetus for calling.

Offline mystery123

I won't call it a disorder necessarily but obviously it's not normal either. I do have seeking validation from outside problem, and I have worked on it through this sublimnal video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YWLts6VCYs.

Though I know you are not talking about seeking validation in day to day life, you are talking about nonstop calls to psychic for validation. For me, I realized it's the fear of unknown and fear of future - what if nothing changes, what if I am left behind and everyone moves forward in life, family, career.. and what if I never get over this.. and calling psychics and listening about the future love that may come into our live or return of POI gives us hope and soothes the anxiety for sometime.

Try to identify your triggers and see if you can work with them.

Also - I am trying to look at it as a life lesson. I can't bring back the money, time or my POI. But I am thinking maybe there is a life lesson here and some healing I need to do, beliefs I need to clear and if I don't do it now maybe I will put myself in same pattern again some other time.

You can also check out this somewhat unrelated but nice post- http://www.artofwellbeing.com/2016/03/08/untethered-soul/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:59:51 AM by mystery123 »