Author Topic: Giving Up/Moving On  (Read 5765 times)

allibai3

Re: Giving Up/Moving On
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »
Jjj, I recommend a book called "Outrageous Openness" by Tosha Silver. It's a book about surrendering. Surrendering feels so much better than "giving up" or "moving on".

Would do you mean by surrendering?

tired of it all

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »
I think giving up, moving on, letting go, etc. are all different things but it kind of depends on what each one means to you personally. 

I focus more on acceptance, allowing, and appreciation.  Accepting that things are what they are and allowing it the space to be - knowing that change is inevitable - and allowing it to change.  Accepting my own feelings about it, allowing myself to feel however I feel and allowing those feelings to change. 

Accepting that other people make their own choices and accepting the choices that I've made.  And allowing myself to keep making new choices and to choose differently when I feel like it.     

And finding something to appreciate - rather than focusing on what seems bad or wrong about the situation - this can be really hard to do sometimes, but it really changes my perspective when I can do it.  It can be anything - something big, something small, something unrelated to what is bothering me, or even appreciating that something upsetting came into my life for a reason and give me an opportunity to grow or learn something about myself.

Appreciation can make you feel better, but more so it shifts the energy and takes your attention off of what is "wrong" so it has the space to change and transform.

The times when it feels hard to appreciate anything, are usually when I'm not accepting things as they are, and/or not allowing my own natural feelings about the situation.

Sometimes when people talk about giving up or moving on - it sounds like it is coming from a place of NOT accepting how they really feel and trying to push themselves to get over something.  I think when a person is ready to move on - whatever that means to them in their situation - they just DO it.  It's not a big decision, it just happens naturally.

allibai3

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »
I think giving up, moving on, letting go, etc. are all different things but it kind of depends on what each one means to you personally. 

I focus more on acceptance, allowing, and appreciation.  Accepting that things are what they are and allowing it the space to be - knowing that change is inevitable - and allowing it to change.  Accepting my own feelings about it, allowing myself to feel however I feel and allowing those feelings to change. 

Accepting that other people make their own choices and accepting the choices that I've made.  And allowing myself to keep making new choices and to choose differently when I feel like it.     

And finding something to appreciate - rather than focusing on what seems bad or wrong about the situation - this can be really hard to do sometimes, but it really changes my perspective when I can do it.  It can be anything - something big, something small, something unrelated to what is bothering me, or even appreciating that something upsetting came into my life for a reason and give me an opportunity to grow or learn something about myself.

Appreciation can make you feel better, but more so it shifts the energy and takes your attention off of what is "wrong" so it has the space to change and transform.

The times when it feels hard to appreciate anything, are usually when I'm not accepting things as they are, and/or not allowing my own natural feelings about the situation.

Sometimes when people talk about giving up or moving on - it sounds like it is coming from a place of NOT accepting how they really feel and trying to push themselves to get over something.  I think when a person is ready to move on - whatever that means to them in their situation - they just DO it.  It's not a big decision, it just happens naturally.

AGREE :D

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 06:51:18 PM »
Saw this and thought it might relate to the topic at hand

Offline monika

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
Ok I juSt promised myself that I won't call any psychic for at least a week! Enough is enough. No more, he will but he is not ready etc. I feel like I wasted so much money and my life got narrowed to waiting for predictions .

Offline Jjj

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 09:31:52 PM »
@Shooshi im a lil confused on what the book was saying.
So its not self-improvement?

RedVelvet

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 11:17:52 PM »
Ok I juSt promised myself that I won't call any psychic for at least a week! Enough is enough. No more, he will but he is not ready etc. I feel like I wasted so much money and my life got narrowed to waiting for predictions .

Yeah i think we've all felt that way at some point or another (and some of us still do probably). I don't trust any predictions made anymore. Take it with a grain of salt because most of the time the prediction just doesn't ever happen or the timing is so off that there's no point in ever getting a reading Anymore

anything