Author Topic: I'm starting over  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Angelsaboveus

I'm starting over
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »
I have been wanting to post and tell my story here for quite some time.  Since i am (as of TODAY) not getting any more readings I guess I can tell my entire story with no regrets.  I want to add that it is because of all you beautiful people I can even start to tell it as I have read your stories and felt your pain.

I was originally on these boards as Angel-light.  Many of the old timers may remember me.  At that time I was breaking up with my bf and waiting around, as we all were, for contact.  I have to say, many readers were correct in telling me he would contact me and we would be together and for me, that is all I had t to know.  I usually never read more than 6 months out so I had success with many readers.  As we all know the smaller contact predictions often come true.  Anyway, we did wind up getting back together but I would not call it a relationship.  In fact, during that time, I was so distraught because I knew he was chatting and texting with other women.  Of all the advisors I read with, only a few mentioned this: Uli (said he was being sneaky with his phone) Queeen of cups, and Cookie.  But I kept being encouraged to continue the relationship as it were and be patient (how many times have we all heard this?)

Over the last year I have had so so many readings it would make your head spin.  One would go into the next and into the next.  I pretended that since I was only calling a couple times a week it was ok, but the truth is that it made me a different person.  It made me give him the upper hand because they were always saying how much he really loved me (words I never heard from him) and that he was "almost ready".  I will say that I called a few regularly, and some of them would tell me, even with a "good" reading, that I did need to keep my options open and that there was a man who was going to be THE ONE if I let him go.  Of course I couldnt do that because I had no self-confidence in my own gut anymore.

The crap finally hit the fan last week, a week ago today, when he said he wanted time to "figure out what he wanted" and needed space for the weekend.  That was 1 week ago today.  I have had many advisors who say he will be back and want a relationship (yawn) and of course i called for almost a week straight.  I spent all last weekend in bed crying and wondering what he was doing.  To my credit, I had a mere 10 readings during that period (not bad for a binge eh?) but too many for me.  What I realized was that I was holding myself back waiting for this guy to make up his mind about being in a relationship with me.  I mean, who the HELL does he think he is?  To make ME wait?  I am one GREAT woman!!!!!  I only starting questioning myself when I started calling advisors. 

Now I will say that many of them did say to kick him to the curb - more than I would care to admit.  They would say this after saying :I can see he loves you - who would listen to anything after that?  I have had a lot of great advice and actually been able to really see where this guy is coming from in a way I wouldn't without their insight.  Because I never asked for the "ultimate outcome" I had many accurate readings which kept me going.  And if I had a negative reading, I would try a new advisor and get an entirely new waiting period - and so on and so on.  You see how they cycle works?

Today, after a week of crying and beating myself up for not hearing from him I realized that I am through the hard part.  I am actually further along in getting over him than I realized, and this made me so confident - I looked at myself and said hey I am one bad ass bitch!  I FINALLY see that I don't have to wait for him to decide anything - I can choose to live my life right here, right now.  So I started making plans.  I bought tickets for concerts that I would have waited to do in case he came back.  I planned a trip over the 4th of July weekend, the weekend I had tried to get him to commit spending with me.  I have a gf coming in to town to spend the weekend - and this was all just in a few days!   My point is that I am living for me, regardless of some reading or wanting him to show up again.  I know damn good and well he isn;t waiting for me to make his plans and now neither am I and damn it feels good!

Tonight I met a couple girls out and while I was sitting there, I thought of him.  And I wondered what he was doing.  ANd then I thought about me apart form him...not all tied up together as I had been accustomed.  And a beautiful thought popped into my head - now read carefully:  I was exited for possibility.  I was actually excited about the unknown!!!  It was a revolutionary thought - you mean I dont have to try know EVERYTHING before it happens?  WOWZA!!!  And this immediate PEACE came over me - I knew I would be ok.  I knew that, in time, I would meet someone else.  I knew that my life would begin anew.  I knew I would miss him and cry and be jelly when I saw him with someone else, and you know what - I will be OK when it happens.  I may not be perfect and I may want to call again and know all the answers but that's ok.  All I have to know right now is that I will be ok. I will be fine,  I went through the hardest effen part last weekend and what could be harder than that?  Ok lots of things but at least I know I survived and  you can too.  You don't have to know tomorrow or next years. Life is meant to be a roller coaster and God bless that it is.

Thank you all for sharing your story.  It has helped me tremendously in gaining perspective and strength - you all are so brave for sharing!

Offline sagitira

Re: I'm starting over
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »
you don't know how much your story relates to me...i hope we will all find a man/woman we want one day, who will love us as much as we love them and we are treated with respect..
wish you best of luck hun, your post today helped me so much. i've also just realised for the last time after going through what i'm hoping is my last down time that i've been in this stuck situation for almost 3 years and it's nobody's but my fault. i realised i have to find my inner strength to cut the communication and go no contact otherwise i will not heal. i now finally understand that it will never happen as psychics saw..the reality is far from what i've been told and in order for me to really live i have to let go of hope...funny thing is i totally thought i was over him. past almost 5 months i haven't cried, i felt great and finally thought i'm over this guy...
now something lifechanging happened and it brought back all memories..all pain and all heartbreak...and i feel like i'm back to square one again...nothing much to do just start climbing back up...slowly and do it right this time - meaning no more being fooled by him and psychics.

what i also noticed that because i've been calling psychcs for so long i lost the ability to "be excited about future, to look forward to it". i'm actually worried about my future, i became consumed with past and present, stopped doing things i like, was totally focused on him, what he will do, where he will go etc...i totally neglected myself..totally...i wish there was some recipe on how to gain back your self esteem and confidence after such shattering experience...but your post helped me a lot.
i'm closing all my psychic site accounts - finally made to this point. i realised i've always been tempted since it's so readily available. i will also be leaving the forum as i no longer wish to have anything to do with occult and psychics, wish i never ever started this journey...

so to all of you guys out there hurting, stay strong, look at reality and not what psychics say..trust me in all years of looking for the perfect one i have not found one...not a single one that was at least 30 percent accurate with predictions...i now understand that i will never find one because one does not exist.
good luck everyone...

Offline Angelsaboveus

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:24:37 PM »
Hugs to you sagitira.  It hurts doesn't it?  I have been in this place with him for so long I don't even know where to start healing but you are right.  No contact is what is needed.  You may want to look up the book "Getting past your breakup". I read it before and will do so again.  There is a forum online where people post about going no contact and it is very healing to have support. 

Good luck to you!

Offline sagitira

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »
thank you angelsaboveus i will definitely get that book i read baggage reclaim and this was excellent. i did everything right but my mistake was i didn't stick to it. when i felt better i stopped and i kept contact with him which was a huge mistake. unfortunately i cannot completely shut down the contact as i have to see him but i'm determined to cut down any personal contact with this guy.
those stories we read here...when i first joined the forum i didn't listen. you could be telling me 100 times a day don't call psychics, predictions never happened. it was as if i chose to ignore it and had my hope that my case is different...well..its not...really is not different. and by continuing this nonsense i'm gonna be trapped for years. you were lucky to have such a great guy coming along. i wish it would happen to me too. at least to have a chance for once to have a proper relationship.
i didn't know what to do this morning. your post for some reason spoke to me and gave me strength to do the right thing. cut contact, close down all psychic site accounts, i'm gonna destroy all my readings and grieve...i will allow myself to grieve until it gets better. readings provided false sense of healing to me which was always temporary and after i would fee much much worse. i need to find a normal way how to deal with my fears and just go through this and not avoid it...i know now only when i go through it i will come out on the other side healed. if i continue on path i've been past 3 years nothing but depression, sadness and crying every night awaits me...i chose to do it now.
thank you and really good luck to you :)

Offline cocoapple

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »
@sagitira

I'm going through the exact same thing right now. No contact is the only way to go and forces ourselves to go through the grieving process. It's gonna hurt like a b*tch but we can only come out stronger after this. I threw out all my notes. Cancelled all my accounts.  It's time to heal my heart, my mind and my wallet. Every time i relaspe... I cry and let it out. Then take a paper and pen and write down the things that he did that hurts me to remind myself not to contact the psychics anymofe because he's not worth it. And to remind myself that contacting HIM will only set me back further.

Let's NC begin!!!!!

Offline sagitira

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
gosh...how many of us...exactly..NC begins..i'm sick and tired of being told millions of excuses for him as to why he's behaving the way he does..where is me? what about my feelings? my dignity? mi right to be treated with respect? i sacrifices all of myself for him. i put that on the side and l lived his life basically - it was all about him, how he feels, how he likes things, when he can do things, only when it's convenient to him...in a nice way of course as he doesn't like to be seen as a jerk...
well..almost 3 years..no change to better but it's gone worse..and yet psychics still tell me the same story..it's soo easy to get trapped in this and not realise how much time has passed and in reality you have not recovered much because psychic readings fooled you into secretly still believing that maybe ...just maybe what if they are right? this little seed in my head never died...and this is why my healing takes such a long time. i looked at myself and all i can say is that i was a fool for ever believing this bs and fool for putting all of myself aside for him...who never deserved it...now i have to find me again...it will take time as i forgot me :( i was too occupied with what he's doing, anything on his facebook, who he's messaging with etc...

the only way i believe is to assess the reality without psychic readings and see what is happening. if he's not calling you or contacting you and psychics tell you he loves you? i would seriously think whether this statement is true..actions speak louder then words...next step is really stop the readings. you don't understand how much readings keep you hold on and in pain. and final thing go no contact. really i can see the only way to heal is this way...unless prince charming falls down from the sky in front of you of course.

i can honestly say i truly let him go in my heart. for the first time and i'm determined. scared. very scared as i've not been no contact with him for more then 4 days past 3 years..and i already find it hard not to speak to him. but definitely determined to stick to it and this time the reason is not that i want to punish him or teach him a lesson..this time the reason is that i know i truly know it's not healthy for me and if i continue down this road in 5 years i will find myself still on this board looking for this perfect psychic and believing life is a fairy tale...i don't want that...

Offline oben

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:55:05 AM »
COMRADE i am sooooo happy for you  :-*

Offline Angelsaboveus

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 02:01:16 AM »
COMRAD!!!!  OMG How are you girl?  Are you married yet?  Can you believe I am STILL in this place with this guy?  Almost 2 effen years! 

Oka so I fell off the wagon almost immediately today and wondered when he would contact me.  We were supposed to be taking a break to of course see how HE FEELS and if HE WANTS to continue.  The last 7 days have been hell, but I am now coming out of it - specially after my reading today.  Eve at CP told me that he didn't want a committed relationship at all.  And that if I ended things with him that would be it for us - well I am relieved and scared all at once to be honest.  She did say someone else was waiting in the wings for me.  And I have had  a few readers tell me this actually:

Maureen36:  Said he is not my forever guy, and that someone who fits me perfectly is coming in this year.  She has told me this for over a year now and given 2014 as the year I will meet him.  She also said I will be trying a new treatment for my illness (I have Lyme) before I had even decided to do the treatment - and yes I am doing a new treatment so she was accurate about that.  She also said that I will be feeling much better by the end of the summer into Sept - so I do hope she is right about that one!

Cookie:  She has been so accurate for me although I know she has not been for everyone.  She did say in our last reading a few weeks ago that there is another guy that is so much better for me I would never have to call a psychic to find out what he is feeling, and that if I spent too much time with asshole who keeps hurting me that I will miss him.  After all the readings over the last year and a half with her, I do hope she is right this time.  She has been accurate for me in lots of predictions.

Magical Sandra:  Said he is not in love with me, does not see me as his forever girl, and there is someone better for me.  She does say it like it is so I believe she picks up on current well.

I have read with so many others who I think have had some accurate predictions, but I also never read more than a few months out.  Oh, and there is one more reader from CP that predicted many things for me:  Aliza.  She is very good at current and has picked up on 3rd parties with ease.  She is good with contact dates as well, although I do think she can be a fairytale reader.

At the end of the day I will share this and I hold on to this thought every moment:  I was so caught up in another relationship for a long long time, let's call him the first jackass.  I called psychic after psychic trying to see where this relationship would go.  I spent 3 years on and off with this guy and 2 years ago this summer I finally broke it off.  I stopped calling psychics and just cried, curled up in a ball, for a month.  A met the new guy #2 just a month after I broke it off with #1.  I will say that I never thought I would be able to move on, but I did and now I would never go back to #1, ever and I have had my chances.  He actually repulses me!  Now I know if I can get over #1 then most assuredly I can get over #2!!  It may take time but I know it is possible - and there are always other opportunities to meet someone new. Yes it is so so scary letting them go.  And I know I will have to have a conversation with #2 at some point - I do know he will call and we will talk but I am dreading the conversation now because I know what I have to do when he comes back with "I am not ready for a relationship"  and "It's not you it's me"  I just don't want to hear it anymore.

Thank you all for reading and supporting.  Ok no more calling starts now (again!!) 

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
I just have to say this about moving on. As you know I was hung up on my guy for a full 18 months after he stopped talking to me. I finally took a chance with someone and am still with him almost 3 years later. Yesterday as I was leaving work, who rides by me but my exbf. I have the same car which is pretty rare, so he obviously recognized me (and he was riding uphill so not going fast). He gave a small wave, I nodded back, he continued on. I haven't seen him in 3 years now which always surprised me as we live in the same town, though at opposite ends.

Except for surprise at seeing him (I had looked up his pending court case the other day), I felt nothing. I did wonder if it would trigger him to drop me a line. We had been fb friends up till last summer when he finally closed out his duplicate account and transferred everyone but me to it - I am still blocked on it. I realized this morning that the account he used to email me on was the one that crashed and burned the other day and I DON'T CARE. It's actually amazing that I was so obsessed with him and spent THOUSANDS hoping he could come back and now I really don't care. AT ALL

So yes, it is possible to move on. Not easy! But possible. :)

Offline sagitira

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »
for all of you out there who are now feeling like they are over their ex...would you share what helped you most? any technique, any activity? any good book? i'm honestly determined like i've never been before...

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
Sag - for me it was time. I had 2 new jobs about 10 months after the split, and they were both full of guys. My main job was busy and I immersed myself in it. I had guys paying attention to me at the new jobs and I'll be honest, it was flattering - once I allowed it to be! I actually read some old emails recently and I had emailed a friend saying that I thought 3 guys at those jobs were interested in me, but that I couldn't deal with it because I was still hung up on my exbf.

I spent a lot of time cleaning up my house and yard too. Eventually I healed and was able to open my heart to someone else. But it sure wasn't easy! (or cheap  :(  )
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:54:01 AM by sunandmoon »

Offline sagitira

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
thank you sunandmoon, i hope it will happen one day for me also...really do that moment when you realise why the hell did i even want this guy...can't wait for that day...i'm also starting to do a lot of house clearing, finding it therapeutic for some reason..:)

Offline Angelsaboveus

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 02:44:42 PM »
Sagirita, I am trying to get into work again and focus on my kids and health.  Maybe get into an activity you enjoy like something physical?  That always helps me and if I wasn't sick that is exactly what I would be doing.  Make plans this summer:  go to concerts, plan a trip even if it is to see a friend it doesn't have to be expensive.  I am right here with you - in a very lonely place right now.

Offline sagitira

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »
thanks guys..it's terrible isn't it? and worst thing is we are no longer newbies...oldies realising something has to give and either i stay and prolong my suffering or end it and suffer badly but hoping that in time it will be ok. and this week i chose the second option. enough is enough..i'll do my best to get through :)

Offline cocoapple

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
A guy friend told me that the more we put into the relationship, the higher likely that the relationship will fail because we are too fixated on it and that we should treat relationship like dessert.  If you have it, it makes you happy but if you don't, it's still ok cuz you have your regular meals like family, friends, career etc. Maybe we should change the way we approach relationships or handle it.

i tried to remind myself that mine wasn't as bad. I have friends who went through lying, cheating, left alone pregnant etc. and compared to my little ordeal, i'm a wuss and he's not worth it.  I go and spend time with my girlfriends, focus on my career and spend more time with family.  The same guy friend told me, use this single time to improve myself, to bring myself to the next level and then i'll be able to see other men that i would have never thought of because of my lack of confidence.  All this is easier said than done of course.... but the one thing that helps is TIME.

i hope in a few months, this forum will have more positive conversations, about how we're enjoying the summer, forget about the predictions, perhaps a few of us will have someone new coming in the picture to swept us off our feet this summer. i hope for that for all of us here, who's going through the pain once and for all and move on.