Author Topic: Moving On - articles, videos, and media to help heal and let go  (Read 2717 times)

Offline melancholia

Moving On - articles, videos, and media to help heal and let go
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »
For those of us that have been in relationships that didn't work out and have decided to move on, this article (links to baggage reclaim) is pretty good at explaining why it's wasteful to sit around thinking about what you could have done, what you should have done, how you could have kept things from going south.  I found it tremendously helpful in my current situation, and it (and other articles like it) have kept me from opening up a new Keen account (though, to be fair, I did cheat a little and open a Bitwine account to chat with one of the twins for the first time.  Another "he'll be done with her by the end of February!" reading!  Ugh...why do I do this to myself?)

As I've mentioned in another thread, I've also been keeping a lot of Tibetan bowls and chimes playing in the background to help keep myself calm and grounded.  (Links to YouTube.)

Does anyone else have any articles, videos, blogs, or media they'd like to share to help with the process of moving on and letting go? 

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
Re: Moving On - articles, videos, and media to help heal and let go
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:27:42 AM »
My take on moving on:

1st comes the hurt, crying, pain, why, what did I do or not do....what can I do to get him back...after all this and nothing works.....

1) think of all the crap he/she put you through over and over!
2) think of the things that turned you off about them, and keep thinking about it!
3) think of what he did to you...history repeats itself...so someone else maybe enjoying the not so good qualities as well!
4) think of how frustrated you are and how much you have spent on psychics and wow he is so not worth it...I am
    spending my money on psychics while he is wining and dining some other wench!
5) I sooooo deserve better than this sh*t Head!

For those of us that have been in relationships that didn't work out and have decided to move on, this article (links to baggage reclaim) is pretty good at explaining why it's wasteful to sit around thinking about what you could have done, what you should have done, how you could have kept things from going south.  I found it tremendously helpful in my current situation, and it (and other articles like it) have kept me from opening up a new Keen account (though, to be fair, I did cheat a little and open a Bitwine account to chat with one of the twins for the first time.  Another "he'll be done with her by the end of February!" reading!  Ugh...why do I do this to myself?)

As I've mentioned in another thread, I've also been keeping a lot of Tibetan bowls and chimes playing in the background to help keep myself calm and grounded.  (Links to YouTube.)

Does anyone else have any articles, videos, blogs, or media they'd like to share to help with the process of moving on and letting go?

Offline melancholia

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 12:23:42 AM »
There's been a lot of talk about letting go, so I thought perhaps this article might help as well:

Let Go of Control: How to Learn the Art of Surrender

Offline hope4love

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:08:29 AM »
There's been a lot of talk about letting go, so I thought perhaps this article might help as well:

Let Go of Control: How to Learn the Art of Surrender

Thank you for this link. It's so appropriate and definitely what I need right now.
Now to put it all into practice.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
Another blog post on surrendering control and letting go: http://louiseandrolia.com/2012/06/30/surrender/

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »
This is an EXCELLENT blog. I hope everyone reads this. Thank you for posting!

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »
This was soooo needed...thanks for sharing!

Another blog post on surrendering control and letting go: http://louiseandrolia.com/2012/06/30/surrender/