Author Topic: I'm not sure if this counts as "coming true," but...  (Read 5336 times)

Offline melancholia

I'm not sure if this counts as "coming true," but...
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
-edit-
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:50:57 AM by Somnus »

Offline PrettyLittleLiz

• Veterans
Re: I'm not sure if this counts as "coming true," but...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:02:20 AM »
Somnus

I had the same experience with psychics in that they encouraged me NOT to say ANYTHING to my ex about the relationship we were in/not in, and the relationship he was in with his current girlfriend. In retrospect, I should have said something as opposed to living in agony over not communicating and leaving so much in a grey area.

I think the moral of the story here is that we still have to live our lives regardless of what they are advising.

Offline hope4love

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:45:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing this and I'm glad things did work out for you. I've heard the same spiels too about not rocking the boat, being patient, blah blah blah and it just caused nothing but anxiety, anger and grief for me. I do believe that an ethical reader should tell you to have a heart to heart talk with your partner to find out what's happening and I agree, a lot of readers don't empower callers when they should. I've had to do things which made me uncomfortable (in love and other areas) and ultimately, it brought the results that I wanted or needed to happen.
So yes, we need to take control of our own lives.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
Moral of the story, in my opinion, is no matter what psychic you are consulting if you have this burning voice inside that keeps telling you that you should do something that controverts the psychics' direction, DO IT.  Perhaps the bad psychics won't tell you that, but I can tell you this, every one of the better, trusted and truly gifted psychics I have consulted have NEVER instructed me to go against my intuition. 

Therefore, perhaps Somnus was not listening, intently enough, to her inner voice for a while.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »
Therefore, perhaps Somnus was not listening, intently enough, to her inner voice for a while.

Orrrr, like I said in the post, I asked about doing that and they specifically told me not to.  You know.  Like I had originally said.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
Somnus,
Well actually what I was saying is that if you felt compelling urges to talk with your SO about something, it is always advised to do so, despite what any psychic might suggest.  That's what guidance is about really.  Learning to work with your own guides.

Offline skyline

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
The point I'm making is, if you are currently in a relationship and having issues, don't consult a psychic. Just ask your partner. If they can't have a mature, adult conversation about the issues at hand, your relationship isn't going to work anyway.  Most of the time, though, they'll just answer you and you'll know, one way or the other. And then you can either fix it or move on.

This was my exact experience.

I may be in the minority, but I don't think you should be consulting a psychic about any of this stuff.

They're not that accurate to be advising you on any of this.

fiercefoxie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »
Moral of the story, in my opinion, is no matter what psychic you are consulting if you have this burning voice inside that keeps telling you that you should do something that controverts the psychics' direction, DO IT.  Perhaps the bad psychics won't tell you that, but I can tell you this, every one of the better, trusted and truly gifted psychics I have consulted have NEVER instructed me to go against my intuition. 

Amen!!!

The point I'm making is, if you are currently in a relationship and having issues, don't consult a psychic. Just ask your partner. If they can't have a mature, adult conversation about the issues at hand, your relationship isn't going to work anyway.  Most of the time, though, they'll just answer you and you'll know, one way or the other. And then you can either fix it or move on.

This was my exact experience.

I may be in the minority, but I don't think you should be consulting a psychic about any of this stuff.

They're not that accurate to be advising you on any of this.

This is also good!

I just posted about a similar experience. I need to trust my own gut and not what some psychic suggests.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »
Somnus,
Well actually what I was saying is that if you felt compelling urges to talk with your SO about something, it is always advised to do so, despite what any psychic might suggest.  That's what guidance is about really.  Learning to work with your own guides.

Sorry - I shouldn't have gotten sarcastic like that.  I read your reply at a bad time (at work), and was a little hypersensitive. I take your meaning now.