Author Topic: Yona Farrell  (Read 1541480 times)

Offline PurpleRain

Re: Yona Farrell
« Reply #4380 on: May 12, 2020, 08:25:11 PM »
2 times Yona has told me a tower wasn't a devastating blow and both times she was ABSOLUTELY wrong. So I'm not too sure she's going by reaction either. The way she downplays tower events, she might as well remove the tower card from the deck.

A move won't go as planned but you can take a different route- it didn't go as planned because his whole life fell apart and what different route is there? He's married now.

There's going to be an interruption in communication, he goes quiet when you learn of some information. It's not the worst case tower.- Really? He got married ? I think that counts as "worst case".

Like I said the way she sugarcoats her towers she might as well remove the card from the deck and don't read on them. Because IME they play out much differently than she lets on.

Every time I've had the Tower Yona has always said "The Tower is never good news", "The Tower is always bad" "The Tower never gives me details but it's always something bad" etc. etc. I don't think she sugar coats it I just honestly don't think she gets any information surrounding it, not with any clarity. She's very honest that it's the worst card in her deck and it's always bad news.

Her saying "it's not the worst case" or "this isn't a devastating blow" is another one of her ISMs

Basically you didn't lose a limb and no one died, it's not the worst thing that could have happened to you. You weren't devastated beyond repair etc. etc. It really sucked and possibly broke your heart for a long time but you will survive without much damage to your life.

Um please stop making excuses for her. You're  playing the same bullshit ass word games that she plays. "Oh you didn't lose a limb" well the tower wasn't about medical it was about relationships so one wouldn't expect to lose a limb anyways. In the CONTEXT of a relationship a POI suddenly out of the blue getting married was a devastating blow...it was a worst case scenario😒 so please stop defending her b/c you're sounding just as silly as she does.
AND if she's not getting the details then she shouldn't be telling me things like " Its not a devastating blow" or "not the worst case scenario" AFTERALL those are details on how the tower would affect me..and if she's unable to see those details (according to you) then she shouldn't be giving them 😒

Next, You do know that she's notorious for not being upfront with people? There are plenty of posts about this issue on this forum and on the sps forum. What she tells YOU or the way she connects with you isn't always the same for others. Example: Someone said she asked them for their birth year and relationship status, but she's never asked me that before a reading. So, I can't  use my experience with her as the rule book...as she obviously has different methods with other people. Also, I've heard other people's readings with her and given that I know the backstory I know she was bullshiting.

Furthermore. "The tower is always bad" and "never good" is a contradiction to oh it's "not the worse case scenario" you can go a different route....she's clearly sugarcoating or using those statements (ISMs) to give false hope!

Again, from my experience with her she has always downplayed the affects and longterm implications of towers. This is coming from a person that called her in 2017 and she had nothing but good things to say about a relationship that would be over in the coming 4-5mts.

I even told Yona that she downplayed my tower and her response wasn't "oh I always tell people its bad...never good" her response was " I don't  like to frighten people" 😒

SMFH.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:34:33 PM by PurpleRain »

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #4381 on: May 12, 2020, 08:29:42 PM »
I had a Tower, but all the other cards around it were good cards. Of course, that might be bad news, but it also could mean disruptions will occur to something else better to happen. I had a rough past few years, and I need relief.

She told me I had a small tower in my last reading with her. That the tower represents my initial emotional response. so we will see how that goes. I will also like to add that this event wasn't described as a tower moment in my previous  reading...but in my last reading she said it's a tower....I will update.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:44:41 PM by PurpleRain »

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #4382 on: May 12, 2020, 08:40:06 PM »
I have to agree that this is a major drawback for me with Yona: not knowing for sure whether she is downplaying something negative. She does play with her explanations. I love her readings but that is an issue for me too. She does say “its not the worst case scenario” “ im not seeing death here which I would have to edit out” “your not going destitute” yep these phrases make me wonder. I like her tho!

She downplays the negative for me and from reading other people's posts she also overhype the positives.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #4383 on: May 12, 2020, 08:42:29 PM »
Well I had my reading in Mar where she talked about a spur of the moment trip and she couldn't tell me what was past it. Last week we tried again. She is getting that damn emperor card with a trip again but this time she is seeing unexpected money which she said could be an inheritance then said she didn't know. Truth be told I am making an unplanned trip to see my grandfather tomorrow before he undergoes emergency surgery. He's 86... Doctors are not highly optimistic.  This would be my raven in the crystal I guess.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #4384 on: May 12, 2020, 09:11:56 PM »
2 times Yona has told me a tower wasn't a devastating blow and both times she was ABSOLUTELY wrong. So I'm not too sure she's going by reaction either. The way she downplays tower events, she might as well remove the tower card from the deck.

A move won't go as planned but you can take a different route- it didn't go as planned because his whole life fell apart and what different route is there? He's married now.

There's going to be an interruption in communication, he goes quiet when you learn of some information. It's not the worst case tower.- Really? He got married ? I think that counts as "worst case".

Like I said the way she sugarcoats her towers she might as well remove the card from the deck and don't read on them. Because IME they play out much differently than she lets on.

Every time I've had the Tower Yona has always said "The Tower is never good news", "The Tower is always bad" "The Tower never gives me details but it's always something bad" etc. etc. I don't think she sugar coats it I just honestly don't think she gets any information surrounding it, not with any clarity. She's very honest that it's the worst card in her deck and it's always bad news.

Her saying "it's not the worst case" or "this isn't a devastating blow" is another one of her ISMs

Basically you didn't lose a limb and no one died, it's not the worst thing that could have happened to you. You weren't devastated beyond repair etc. etc. It really sucked and possibly broke your heart for a long time but you will survive without much damage to your life.

Um please stop making excuses for her. You're  playing the same bullshit ass word games that she plays. "Oh you didn't lose a limb" well the tower wasn't about medical it was about relationships so one wouldn't expect to lose a limb anyways. In the CONTEXT of a relationship a POI suddenly out of the blue getting married was a devastating blow...it was a worst case scenario😒 so please stop defending her b/c you're sounding just as silly as she does.
AND if she's not getting the details then she shouldn't be telling me things like " Its not a devastating blow" or "not the worst case scenario" AFTERALL those are details on how the tower would affect me..and if she's unable to see those details (according to you) then she shouldn't be giving them 😒

Next, You do know that she's notorious for not being upfront with people? There are plenty of posts about this issue on this forum and on the sps forum. What she tells YOU or the way she connects with you isn't always the same for others. Example: Someone said she asked them for their birth year and relationship status, but she's never asked me that before a reading. So, I can't  use my experience with her as the rule book...as she obviously has different methods with other people. Also, I've heard other people's readings with her and given that I know the backstory I know she was bullshiting.

Furthermore. "The tower is always bad" and "never good" is a contradiction to oh it's "not the worse case scenario" you can go a different route....she's clearly sugarcoating or using those statements (ISMs) to give false hope!

Again, from my experience with her she has always downplayed the affects and longterm implications of towers. This is coming from a person that called her in 2017 and she had nothing but good things to say about a relationship that would be over in the coming 4-5mts.

I even told Yona that she downplayed my tower and her response wasn't "oh I always tell people its bad...never good" her response was " I don't  like to frighten people" 😒

SMFH.

It's really not that serious. No need to be rude or angry.

I was explaining how she phrases things and what she means by her phrases. Every reader has them, every reader works within their own confines.

You're in this thread constantly angrily yelling about how Yona is a horrible sugar coater. She reads how she reads. She's always read this way, she always uses the phraseology that she uses. She has limitations in her reading abilities, just like most readers. Why not just let go that Yona isn't the reader for you, move on from it and find someone who suits your needs better?

Which is why we have the ISM thread to help people understand what she means. It's not personal, you act like she murdered your puppy. Just know if you get the Tower in a straight up, typical position - expect something bad that will really effect you emotionally.

If it wasn't going to be THAT bad the card would have been a swords card or like 5 of cups or something

I've said yona probably isn't the reader for me or maybe I don't  know how she works for me. I've also defended Yona, but maybe you missed those posts! 🙃Nothing you've stated means I need to cease speaking about my experiences when things like this come up. 😒 And I'm not constantly on this forum yelling about anything. However, when her sugarcoating/ downplaying antics come up...I do speak on them since that seems to be my experience with her. And people need to know that she can be wrong ...After all that is the reason for this forum.

And here we go with the bullshit again! "if it wasnt going to be that bad then it would be a swords cards or something" That's not for the caller to figure out! She's the tarot expert...She's the one that has been reading for 44yrs she should be explaining to me that this is something bad...I shouldn't need to consult an isms thread. 🙄 I should leave the reading knowing that ok something bad is going to happen..let me mentally prepare. NOT oh let me go to the ismz board and figure out what she really meant. If I have to interpret the cards, I might as well buy a deck of tarot cards and read my own damn future...like really? WTF😂😐

I give my experience with Yona...What I don't do is try and justify any readers obvious bullshit!! And I felt that's what you were/are trying to do and that's why you're getting a stern response. I'm not angry, but I do address stupidity. And trying to tell me something that we all know is a devastating blow is otherwise just to defend Yona is stupid!

Trying to shift responsibility from the expert/reader to the damn isms thread is more stupidity...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:49:28 AM by PurpleRain »

Offline user5942

« Reply #4385 on: May 12, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »
I love Yona and she did say that the Tower was her most horrible card

It was mixed with the 3 of Swords - i felt in my gut that it would be bad but tried to talk myself out of what I had an intuitive feeling it would be. I was like no it can’t be about POI he and I are on good terms we’ll be in an official relationship soon enough blah blah blah

He chose another girl over me and at the time it was the worst case scenario when Yona said “it’s not the worst case scenario Tower”...

Yeaaaaaaah - I got diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder from all the stress dealing with POI

Yona also said that I would “rapidly” move on from this tower - though she didn’t know specifically what it was and I didn’t ask

I wasn’t “rapid”... it took me 8 months to get my anxiety and heartache under control. I was barely functioning and having panic attacks practically daily

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #4386 on: May 12, 2020, 09:35:56 PM »
I love Yona and she did say that the Tower was her most horrible card

It was mixed with the 3 of Swords - i felt in my gut that it would be bad but tried to talk myself out of what I had an intuitive feeling it would be. I was like no it can’t be about POI he and I are on good terms we’ll be in an official relationship soon enough blah blah blah

He chose another girl over me and at the time it was the worst case scenario when Yona said “it’s not the worst case scenario Tower”...

Yeaaaaaaah - I got diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder from all the stress dealing with POI

Yona also said that I would “rapidly” move on from this tower - though she didn’t know specifically what it was and I didn’t ask

I wasn’t “rapid”... it took me 8 months to get my anxiety and heartache under control. I was barely functioning and having panic attacks practically daily

You didn't lose a limb so it wasn't the worst case scenario. This is what we have the isms thread for.
See how dumb that sounds Anyways

I'm sorry this happened to you! Hope you're able to heal and come to terms with everything and gain closure😥😥
And this is my issue with Yona. Just tell people it's going to be bad..leave all the sugarcoating out of it because it gives false hope.

Offline Bg2020

« Reply #4387 on: May 13, 2020, 12:00:30 AM »
Hi --
Another question regarding Yona's reading style .... 

Does she ever give a definite YES or NO

Or is it: "Yes, but if you do this and that -- this might happen....No, but if you do this or that .... "

Is it always veiled by an alternative? Is it always open ended? 

Offline Dannika

« Reply #4388 on: May 13, 2020, 12:00:43 AM »
Yona has told me many times that the Tower isn’t the best card (or the one that people are most afraid of). The ways she’s described it to me in certain readings is that it’s not always death and destruction or something bad, but can mean that “something significant happens and it changes your life as you know it” - it can be in a bad way or it can be in a good way too depending on the cards surrounding it. I’ve also gotten it to mean “expect the unexpected” but I suppose it meant that in that instance based on the cards around it.

Offline Dannika

« Reply #4389 on: May 13, 2020, 12:14:33 AM »
Hi --

Does she ever give a definite YES or NO?

Or is it: "Yes, but if you do this and that -- this might happen....No, but if you do this or that .... "

Is it always veiled by an alternative? Is it always open ended?

I don’t know if this is what you mean by your question but she’s given me readings where she’s told me parts of it were predestined, meaning they were fated to happen no matter what. Or she’s given me readings describing x event, saying that the event is unmistakeable, meaning the way the cards show up are very blatantly saying that something specific will happen in x manner.

There are times when she’s kind of given suggestions like “you can speed it up” or “you can control the way people treat you” or “I wouldn’t do this” or “I’d be careful to do xyz” when she’s giving a prediction - not telling you what to do but more like giving advice if that makes sense. For predictions of hers I’ve had that have passed where she’s said those remarks, they’ve ended up being part of the way the prediction played out and how I responded to the events in the prediction (on my own accord) and it’s not till later when I go back and review the prediction after it’s happened where I’m like omg that’s exactly how it played out.

Almost like she’s telling you about your free will but the cards already know what you are going to do or how you will react.

Offline Bg2020

« Reply #4390 on: May 13, 2020, 12:24:52 AM »
Dannika thank you! :)

Most of my reading felt like she was giving me advice -- and if I follow it, I might have a positive outcome in regards to my POI. But my frustration is that she didn't give a definite prediction/outcome -- I even asked... DO I HAVE A PREDICTION? She said, "No -- not yet.  It will be complicated but it's not a lost case...."

I think I just wanted to get an idea, if she just sugar-coats with the advice. because she doesn't want to give a negative prediction.

Very frustrating!!! I just wanted to know yes or no -- but I guess time will tell.
;)

Hi --

Does she ever give a definite YES or NO?

Or is it: "Yes, but if you do this and that -- this might happen....No, but if you do this or that .... "

Is it always veiled by an alternative? Is it always open ended?

I don’t know if this is what you mean by your question but she’s given me readings where she’s told me parts of it were predestined, meaning they were fated to happen no matter what. Or she’s given me readings describing x event, saying that the event is unmistakeable, meaning the way the cards show up are very blatantly saying that something specific will happen in x manner.

There are times when she’s kind of given suggestions like “you can speed it up” or “you can control the way people treat you” or “I wouldn’t do this” or “I’d be careful to do xyz” when she’s giving a prediction - not telling you what to do but more like giving advice if that makes sense. For predictions of hers I’ve had that have passed where she’s said those remarks, they’ve ended up being part of the way the prediction played out and how I responded to the events in the prediction (on my own accord) and it’s not till later when I go back and review the prediction after it’s happened where I’m like omg that’s exactly how it played out.

Almost like she’s telling you about your free will but the cards already know what you are going to do or how you will react.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #4391 on: May 13, 2020, 12:28:54 AM »
Yea she does tell people the card is not good. But, IME that's followed by major downplaying.

"Oh it's the tower card...things won't go as expected. But, it can be worked out....just take a different route. " it's not a devastating blow. It doesn't stop you in your tracks.

Vs just telling the person there's going to be a major upset with this person and since this is the tower card things won't be the same and most likely won't work out.

I'm a straightforward, shoot from the hip type of person.  I DON'T need the extra fluff or to have bad news served with a cherry on top. And I basically told her this in my last reading.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:51:59 AM by PurpleRain »

Offline Bg2020

« Reply #4392 on: May 13, 2020, 12:38:13 AM »
PurpleRain -- me too -- I even asked her not to hold back -- that's why I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around the reading.

But maybe it's just her style of reading -- hence me here trying to find out from everybody's experience...

I'm not sure I got the tower-- she never mentioned. She did say 2 crossroads... and making decisions.

Sparkle, in a previous post mentioned that Yona's and Kisha's reading kind of complement each other. I did get a reading with Kisha that had a more straightforward positive outcome. And it did mirror well with Yona's when she said --
Will be complicated....but...I will have to learn to deal with this complicated person in order for it to work.

Yea she does tell people the card is not good. But, IME that's followed by major downplaying.

"Oh it's the tower card...things won't go as expected. But, it can be worked out....just take a different route. " it's a devastating blow. It doesn't stop you in your tracks.

Vs just telling the person there's going to be a major upset with this person and since this is the tower card things won't be the same....

I'm a straightforward, shoot from the hip type of person.  I DON'T need the extra fluff or to have bad news served with a cherry on top. And I basically told her this in my last reading.

Offline tshine17

« Reply #4393 on: May 13, 2020, 12:45:55 AM »
It’s interesting because in my reading I had a tower....according to her it looked like a small tower but that I take it hard. Like it really strikes a chord with me. That I make a big hullabaloo over nothing. I pray that’s the case.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #4394 on: May 13, 2020, 12:54:27 AM »
PurpleRain -- me too -- I even asked her not to hold back -- that's why I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around the reading.

But maybe it's just her style of reading -- hence me here trying to find out from everybody's experience...

I'm not sure I got the tower-- she never mentioned. She did say 2 crossroads... and making decisions.

Sparkle, in a previous post mentioned that Yona's and Kisha's reading kind of complement each other. I did get a reading with Kisha that had a more straightforward positive outcome. And it did mirror well with Yona's when she said --
Will be complicated....but...I will have to learn to deal with this complicated person in order for it to work.

"Oh it's the tower card...things won't go as expected. But, it can be worked out....just take a different route. " it's a devastating blow. It doesn't stop you in your tracks.

Vs just telling the person there's going to be a major upset with this person and since this is the tower card things won't be the same....

hey BG! - yes Yona and Kisha predictions can definitely be similar. But Yona is too optimistic like Cookie (specifically with love outcomes) - my rule of thumb is to never believe in outcomes lol - id say believe more or less the predictions along the way...

Kisha is more straight from the hip BUT can be very wrong on positive love stuff, esp outcomes
I would trust Kisha with the current and whats coming up
She did get positive love stuff right for me - specifically progression type stuff but in the end nothing big (but she didnt predict a relationship/nor deny a relationship with this person).

anything