Author Topic: How Much Info Do You Give?  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Awesomeness

How Much Info Do You Give?
« on: April 14, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »
Just curious, when you guys call a new psychic about relationship stuff, how much info do you give? I try to give none, because I want the psychic to actually be psychic..lol..and not need this info from me. But in a couple of calls, I feel like the info the reader was getting from their guide or cards would be clearer to them if they had more info from me. And then when I do explain things, the reader is able to move faster. So I've wasted minutes waiting to see if they pick up the situation, when what I really need is OUTCOME.

They should KNOW if the person is in a relationship, IMO. This is not something that I feel you should have to tell them. But, perhaps the circumstances surrounding the breakup (if it's an ex) should be told? Especially if it's a trusted reader? My fear, though, is that I'll tell "X Reader" on keen the story and then I'll read with "Y Reader" on keen, and they've been given the info..  :-\

I'm so torn between "prove it to me" and "let's not waste time." lol

What are your thoughts?

Offline Bark angel

Re: How Much Info Do You Give?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
I give new readers nothing other than, "Tell me about this person's thoughts/feelings towards me". I let the psychic begin sharing what they get.  If they say something which seems really off, I end the call. If they say something that appears to be on point, I might share more if I sense they need some direction.  I don't concern myself with shared info between psychics on keen or CP as much as I am guarded that each psychic has some recollection of former readings with me. I got this sense actually with Kelli on CP some time back.  I sensed she told me when we last spoke as a way to validate that she was connecting with me - it didn't work that way at all, it sort of put me off because all the while she was saying "oh we spoke, I sense around Xmas...blah blah blah" I thought, well damn doesn't your computer show that in your reading history.  That's not psychic!!

jen80

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:52 PM »
Great question.

When I first started I was in a bad place and would give info like crazy even when they were getting things wrong I would correct and lead them the right way lol. Those were the days.
Back then when I asked for contact these readers would ask 'when did you hear from him last'(now I get contact like crazy and I don't even pick up but it makes me feel good and free) I would tell them but when I started getting better and they asked when he lasted contacted me I would ask them why they wanted to know and they would say 'oh it gives a better direction of when he would call again' huh?. I was such a fool. I think it is part of the reasons why am so bitter now because I can now see ways in which I was fooled.
I would give information as if I was talking to a counselor and then they give me 'predictions' (haha) based on what I said in their confessional.

Now when I call a reader ( I don't call new ones anymore) I don't say anything. I ask my question and if they ask me questions my phone suddenly has problems and am done. I don't care.

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »
this is a good question and something i've struggled with for a while. i don't like to give info because i need to know they aren't cold reading me, but i have found when you don't give some sort of frame of reference, they can start talking for a while without "connecting the dots".

i'll admit - i am a little TOO open with my go-to's. i give them too much info sometimes, because i know they have been good in the past so there is no need to waste time seeing what they'll pick up. it seems though, that the more info you give, the more the reading can take a certain path. i may be wrong about that, but that's what it's seemed like with me.

i will give an example of a recent call i made to Source Power. she is someone i had used a couple times before. i thought she was good on one occasion, and not good on the other.  it had been like 6 months so i decided to call her again. i asked how a trip over the weekend would go for me. she went off on this long tangent about things that didn't really seem to make sense. then starts like, getting frustrated and saying - i don't know what it is you want to know here! you just asked me about a trip, but i don't know what it is you are looking for, what you want to know, etc etc... just kept talking without letting me get more specific. she isn't cheap, so i got a little irritated with this. i told her where i was going and the purpose of the trip (it was a fun trip for my bday, but before she kept picking up that i was making lots of contacts - which seemed more business oriented). anyways, when i told her where i was going and just said it was for fun she changed her tune a lot. the reading changed to fit with the place i was visiting.

the problem is - it's so easy to cold read people when you are giving up some info on the situation or person you're asking about. even when readers say something like - "when was the last time you spoke to him". that gives them the ability to see how long its BEEN, therefore, how long it may be in the future. if you haven't talked to him in 6 months, then more than likely you may not hear from him in a while. or if it was last week, then it's likely you will hear from him this week. stuff like that. granted, i imagine it must be hard to just look at a person, their energy, question, etc and get a complete story or picture - esp on the phone while the clock is ticking. so, i just don't know..

jen80

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
The four I have now  (will never try new ones again in jesus name amen).don't ask that much questions.other callers that have read with them may verify.

Kisha: no questions at all. Very rare. Once in a very blue moon and its brief.I can't even remember when she has ever asked questions.

Anne: no questions if she does maybe 10 percent. E.g the embarassment thing she saw she then asked if I knew what that was about?. Such things.

Lakhei: no questions

Sapphire: no questions. If she does maybe 10 percent to ask for a confirmation of something she told me.

So far so good. These readers are not 100 percent but it feels good to know that there are people out there that have a gift and I can check in with them if needed along with my prayers.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
Yes, this is the ever-present dilemma!  How to get the most out of a reader and reading without giving too much info. I've experienced this myself.  That's why I am quite taken back by psychics that start a reading by spitting out what they see first before I have even admitted why I am calling. I recently read with Nina from CP who did this, and while it is not rocket science and is pretty easy to guess that a female calling a psychic might be calling about a personal relationship issue, some of the information she shared right off the bat was not generic.
this is a good question and something i've struggled with for a while. i don't like to give info because i need to know they aren't cold reading me, but i have found when you don't give some sort of frame of reference, they can start talking for a while without "connecting the dots".

i'll admit - i am a little TOO open with my go-to's. i give them too much info sometimes, because i know they have been good in the past so there is no need to waste time seeing what they'll pick up. it seems though, that the more info you give, the more the reading can take a certain path. i may be wrong about that, but that's what it's seemed like with me.

i will give an example of a recent call i made to Source Power. she is someone i had used a couple times before. i thought she was good on one occasion, and not good on the other.  it had been like 6 months so i decided to call her again. i asked how a trip over the weekend would go for me. she went off on this long tangent about things that didn't really seem to make sense. then starts like, getting frustrated and saying - i don't know what it is you want to know here! you just asked me about a trip, but i don't know what it is you are looking for, what you want to know, etc etc... just kept talking without letting me get more specific. she isn't cheap, so i got a little irritated with this. i told her where i was going and the purpose of the trip (it was a fun trip for my bday, but before she kept picking up that i was making lots of contacts - which seemed more business oriented). anyways, when i told her where i was going and just said it was for fun she changed her tune a lot. the reading changed to fit with the place i was visiting.

the problem is - it's so easy to cold read people when you are giving up some info on the situation or person you're asking about. even when readers say something like - "when was the last time you spoke to him". that gives them the ability to see how long its BEEN, therefore, how long it may be in the future. if you haven't talked to him in 6 months, then more than likely you may not hear from him in a while. or if it was last week, then it's likely you will hear from him this week. stuff like that. granted, i imagine it must be hard to just look at a person, their energy, question, etc and get a complete story or picture - esp on the phone while the clock is ticking. so, i just don't know..