Author Topic: Signs (Asking for Confirmations)  (Read 22543 times)

Offline patzi

Re: Signs (Asking for Confirmations)
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »
i told my ex in a fight 7 weeks ago that his ideal partner would be a donkey that would plod along with him. I said to him that I would find his ideal partner at the donkey sanctuary that i was due to visit the following week. so i went to the sanctuary with my friend. there were hundreds of donkeys there. the first donkey that approached us had my name labelled on it!!! i thought that was really wierd! what do ye think!?

Offline tammyp

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 02:39:47 AM »
Well, that is weird!  I wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to think about that.  Maybe universe was trying to tell you that yes, he is an ass or take a good look at this donkey, dont let it be you! What did you think?

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »
Maybe you and your ex will be together!!! ;D

i told my ex in a fight 7 weeks ago that his ideal partner would be a donkey that would plod along with him. I said to him that I would find his ideal partner at the donkey sanctuary that i was due to visit the following week. so i went to the sanctuary with my friend. there were hundreds of donkeys there. the first donkey that approached us had my name labelled on it!!! i thought that was really wierd! what do ye think!?

Offline Zee

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »
That donkey story was a trip. It could also be used as a warning: that you will be the donkey plodding along if you remain in that relationship, but its interpretation is up to you.

The signs thing is interesting, but can be kinda tricky at times because over indulgence will lead you to start transposing everything as a sign and reading signs into things that you would have never thought twice about. Once upon a time I was really into reading signs when there wasn't one or even trying to decipher what I was suppose to be getting from the universe. That movie: The Number 23 is based on this.

Offline patzi

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 07:08:48 PM »
hi girls, i would never have been into signs before but i thought that was really strange thing to happen! could have been confirmation that i would have ended up like the donkey!! my friend said to me i wonder is there a donkey with your ex's name on it, seperated at the sanctuary for a reason!! have any of ye had any strange signs like that?

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
so i started reading the sacred sign and i was amazed when i got signs. The first thing i asked was for something i knew to be true.I asked the if  XXX  was feeling  XXXX towards me, i should see quarters within 24 hours and also an a equipment specifically used by doctors. the next day i was looking for something in my purse and wow i saw the quarter. Okey i know what you thinking so the one in my purse does not count. Ok i went somewhere that day and as i boarded the bus and as i was paying for the far, i looked down and there was a quarter. so i asked for another sign regarding the Dr. equipment and said if i am going to hear back fro XXXX let me see this equipment and a red rose. That day my friend invited out so we met downtown we normally always stayed south but for some reason she chose to head north which was ok by me so i told her about the sign and the quarter and then she pulled a bunch from her pocket and i told her it did not count but it does since she normally does not keep them. We went to a restaurant and now i saw two doctors with the equipment and also two roses. I did not go look for them but it happened.

hi girls, i would never have been into signs before but i thought that was really strange thing to happen! could have been confirmation that i would have ended up like the donkey!! my friend said to me i wonder is there a donkey with your ex's name on it, seperated at the sanctuary for a reason!! have any of ye had any strange signs like that?

Offline Zenia

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
I wanted to tell you guys how unbelievably well this has been working for me.  I read the book Sacred Signs as suggested and BOOM, universe rocks!  I will ask for a sign and there it is and things have manifested afterward. I have a long list of things that would take a book to write. But, if you would like to know, I would be happy to do so.  I just wanted to let everyone know there is an alternative to psychic readings.  This stuff rocks!
Hi Tammy!
I am so happy to hear all this,and that you had use of the book! :)
Wow,.that was impressive signs.I really loved that with the car,and Scotland also :)
Can i ask if you also asked(along with the sign for the car) for a timeframe your guy would be back?You asked this in April right,and he was back in July?
I have many signs of renewed contact with my ex,and have asked for a sign if this reunion will happen within such and such timeframe.Unfortunately the manifestation of this did not occur within the timeframe i asked for.And i kept asking for new timeframes.
(will this happen within 2 months,and i got a yes-sign,,,and still nothing)
I conclude that timing can be hard to get correct.I am a bit disappointed in this aspect.The signs are clear,but things seem delayed.

Another sign i asked about was a very rare bird on my balkony if i ever would get my wish for having a child fulfilled.I did not get this even thoug i asked constantly for a timeframe in within the sign should appear.And then i suppose i forgot about it all.More than a year later,this summer,one afternoon a unusual huge white bird landed on the fence of my balkony,and sat there for a long time.I rushed to take pictures of it,and got many close-up pics.It was impossible to determine what kind of bird it was.Looked like a white dove,but none of those exsting in north Europe where i live.I looked in any kind of books..But nothing.
I assumed it must have been some kind of an indoors-bird that has escaped his cage:):)But anyway that was my symbol.

What do you guys think?Is this sign valid after so long after i asked for it?

Offline Zenia

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2013, 12:15:17 AM »
I was so lucky to get an answer from the author of the book "Sacred signs"myself,as i emailed her and asked.She said signs can show up anytime,even after the timeframe we set for them.
So that was good news for me :)

Offline tammyp

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »
I have never asked for a time frame for manifestation, only for receiving the signs.  If I get the sign and it's a yes, I know I will receive it when it is time for me to have it.  I never question it and I don't ask the question again. 

That is really cool that the author took the time to answer your question.  I hope everything works out for you.

I am planning a trip to guys country he lives in. Had it planned before we started talking again, so it isn't to see him, but, he has been very active in helping me plan it.  I haven't asked him to and he hasn't asked if he can, but I do hope to see him while I am there. 

Offline melancholia

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
I really hate to be a downer here, but this "looking for signs" thing sounds like it's really just playing on your psychology.  If you assign a "sign" to present itself to prove that such-and-such will happen, you're going to start subconsciously looking for that thing everywhere.  You won't even realize you're doing it.  The problem is that unless you're looking for something very specific and unusual, something that you wouldn't see every day, something that should be nearly impossible for you to encounter in your day-to-day life unless it meant something, these "signs" are just you being more aware of your surroundings.

And when I mean specific and unusual, I mean you live in Minnesota and you say you're going to see an anaconda in the middle of the street if something is going to happen.

I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in signs or what have you; the big white bird on Zenia's balcony is pretty intriguing. I'm just saying take these things with a grain of salt, especially if your sign involves currency from your own country or relatively common birds appearing.

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »
Somnus, I am going to agree with you on this one.  I know my opinion will not be a popular one, but I did the whole asking for signs thing and nothing worked out lol. 

Last year I was asking for signs and was doing this with another member here on the forum, we both would ask for crazy signs, things not common...for example, I was living in the flipping desert and asked to see a seashell, very uncommon in the desert and lo and behold I found a seashell.  I asked to see a picture of Benjamin Franklin and got that including seeing a basketball with the word Franklin on it lol.  I was in Florida over the summer and asked to see a cactus, what do you know there was a cactus, I almost backed right into it and it was in someones house lol.  I got all the signs I asked for but guess what????? Nothing manifested that I was asking for confirmation.

I could not understand why I was seeing things that were not commone to my environment and nothing was happening....oh and I asked to see an Elk, well that day I saw an Elk on TV too lol.

I could be  wrong but I think asking for signs of confirmation is saying we don't trust the Universe/God or whatever a person believes in. 

I am a firm believer now that if something is released...a want, need, desire...and we move forward in faith knowing that whatever we feel we are missing, wanting, desiring will come...it might not be in the way we want it, or what we think we want but things will come that are for our highest good.

I love what Synergy said the other day and that was why worry, what is going to happen will happen.  I feel that believing, trusting, and staying positive,regardless of the situation, will bring forth good things...even though it might not look like it at the moment.

My opinion on this? Asking for a confirmation is like saying "I know good things are coming, and I trust this...but give me some back up because I don't really believe it will happen" and that is not releasing and having faith.

Bottom line is this whatever is going to happen will, with or without confirmations that may or may not be right.  HHHHMMMM, kind of like readings.

I really hate to be a downer here, but this "looking for signs" thing sounds like it's really just playing on your psychology.  If you assign a "sign" to present itself to prove that such-and-such will happen, you're going to start subconsciously looking for that thing everywhere.  You won't even realize you're doing it.  The problem is that unless you're looking for something very specific and unusual, something that you wouldn't see every day, something that should be nearly impossible for you to encounter in your day-to-day life unless it meant something, these "signs" are just you being more aware of your surroundings.

And when I mean specific and unusual, I mean you live in Minnesota and you say you're going to see an anaconda in the middle of the street if something is going to happen.

I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in signs or what have you; the big white bird on Zenia's balcony is pretty intriguing. I'm just saying take these things with a grain of salt, especially if your sign involves currency from your own country or relatively common birds appearing.

Offline Zenia

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »

Last year I was asking for signs and was doing this with another member here on the forum, we both would ask for crazy signs, things not common...for example, I was living in the flipping desert and asked to see a seashell, very uncommon in the desert and lo and behold I found a seashell.  I asked to see a picture of Benjamin Franklin and got that including seeing a basketball with the word Franklin on it lol.  I was in Florida over the summer and asked to see a cactus, what do you know there was a cactus, I almost backed right into it and it was in someones house lol.  I got all the signs I asked for but guess what????? Nothing manifested that I was asking for confirmation.

My opinion on this? Asking for a confirmation is like saying "I know good things are coming, and I trust this...but give me some back up because I don't really believe it will happen" and that is not releasing and having faith.

Bottom line is this whatever is going to happen will, with or without confirmations that may or may not be right.  HHHHMMMM, kind of like readings.

You said nothing manifested of what you asked for signs for?But could it be it will happen later?There is no timing in this with signs according to the author of the book.And as we now,the universe will deliver when it will deliver.
Theres nothing wrong in losing ones faith and ask for signs i think.Abraham lost his faith and asked God for signs 7 times :) ;)And he was closer to God then most of us :)(If we had more faith we wouldnt call Keen either)

I am not so sure about"whatever is going to happen,will happen"either.That takes away our co-creative powers and free will.

About signs,i do believe one can get lost in them,and seeing things that are not signs.ALL is not signs,the litterature i have read agree there is a chance to read something more into a sign,than whats meant to be.

For me personally i dont know what i believe.Only time will tell if the white bird meant my wish would come true.Other signs i have gotten have proven to be accurate,while others have not lead to anything that has yet manifested.
So for me i am working with the idea,and exploring it.

What i do think for certain,that along with the sign you see,there has to be a strong intuitive signal that sais"Yes,this is a sign".

I do hope to get more signs,and clear confirmations.I will be back to update if that happens:)

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
I fully agree with Somnus and KTH. I'll also say that I think signs ARE confirmations, but they don't confirm our wishes per se. They simply confirm that we can be certain that there's something beyond us, and our best possible outcome will manifest. Most of the time in hindsight we realize that the best possible outcome is in fact NOT reuniting with a certain someone. The universe knows what's best for us and that's what will happen.

Before I was calling psychics I was with the father of my children who was physically abusive. I wished and wished for us to be happy and be together forever as a family. I would see his name (not a common one) EVERYWHERE. I thought the universe was telling me he was the one. Well, I ended up having the courage to leave him, and these past 5 years without him have been the best. You can't necessarily attach meanings to the signs. Simply seek comfort in them. At least that's my take! :)

Offline Zenia

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »
I fully agree with Somnus and KTH. I'll also say that I think signs ARE confirmations, but they don't confirm our wishes per se. They simply confirm that we can be certain that there's something beyond us, and our best possible outcome will manifest. Most of the time in hindsight we realize that the best possible outcome is in fact NOT reuniting with a certain someone. The universe knows what's best for us and that's what will happen.

Before I was calling psychics I was with the father of my children who was physically abusive. I wished and wished for us to be happy and be together forever as a family. I would see his name (not a common one) EVERYWHERE. I thought the universe was telling me he was the one. Well, I ended up having the courage to leave him, and these past 5 years without him have been the best. You can't necessarily attach meanings to the signs. Simply seek comfort in them. At least that's my take! :)
But if we are very spesific in what we ask for when we ask for a sign,that could eliminate signs that are just confirmations of our wishes maybe?We dont want something mirroring back to us from our subcouncious mind.We want the universes answer,or the higher selves,or our guides.
The same we want when we get readings,or do readings ourselves.I still think its possible,but i am not sure how to ask to be spesific enough when it comes to signs.I am still testing out this.
I have wishes about a man,but i have gotten very few signs when i ask if he is the one.What i would have believed is that i got plenty of signs,because i am highly aware and alert when "looking"for them,and a future with this man is indeed a strong wish of mine.The strongest i have in fact.So i could have "seen" what i hoped to see.But no,very little signs.Not the strong ones i have requested.

Offline lioness79

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »
I agree with the naysayers. Assigning meaning and value to random meaningless signs sounds like magical thinking to me. Oh, I stepped in a piece of gum, we are meant to be!!!

anything