Author Topic: Legal Issues  (Read 2361 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
Legal Issues
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:55:16 AM »
Hi guys, Charlie here... I didn't mean to start a big discussion about the legal issues, but since you guys started a long thread about it, here is a new board for it.

I did not say you cannot leave a negative review on a reader.  There is nothing wrong with that, but just state the facts.  It's one thing to point out the predictions they made and then explain they did not come true, but it's very different to call the reader a scam or fraud because of it.  100% of the predictions will never come true, so how can any reader be a scammer because they got one wrong? 

Another thing to remember is that damaging a reader's reputation can put them out of business.  This is a business by the way, and it's how they eat and pay rent.  When you leave a bad review, it's not the same as reviewing a large company.  It's very easy to put a small company out of business.  How many of you own a business?  Imagine the damage it would cause you to have a few people complain about you on Yelp or the Complaints Board, etc.  I am not saying there aren't readers who are taking advantage and should be doing something else, but if you are not absolutely positive about your claim, you should only state the facts.  Words like fraud, scam, fake, etc can lead to legal problems.  The disclaimers on sites do not always hold up.  It's just like a corporation.  Just because you have a corp, doesn't mean you are protected either.  Attorneys pierce disclaimers and agreements just like they do with corporations.  And even though it's not likely a reader will sue me or ever could since this is a forum and ultimately I am not responsible for what you say, I am the first one they go after when people on here get carried away.  Also remember if a reader does sue and her attorney produces a court order, then I would have to give them the information I have on you, or I would be charged with spoliation of evidence.

So although you guys say I have nothing to to worry about, I do, and so do you.  That is why I just ask you to state the facts and not bash the readers when their predictions do not come true.  It's not that hard to do.  If you have to use vulgar language and speak violently, then I'll have to boot you out of here for my safety and for the peace and safety of all the other members that use this board correctly.

Finally, the board is public.  You have to create a login, but it's not a locked board; otherwise, you would not be in here.  Any reader can enter the site and read what you write.  I do have an agreement for the readers to announce themselves, but I doubt any of them read it or care to follow the guidelines. 

Also, a Guest cannot see what we write.  Try to read the site as a Guest and you will only see the login page.  If you can read the board as a Guest and never login, then let me know so I can fix it.  I don't know if that is possible though.  The invisible people are members who have selected to be invisible.

Thanks for participating on this forum.  Please continue with your positive and negative reviews; just do it properly so everyone can enjoy this service.  It's a priority of mine to keep everyone safe and as happy as possible.

Charlie :)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:06:07 AM by admin »

jen80

Re: Legal Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
Hi guys, Charlie here... I didn't mean to start a big discussion about the legal issues, but since you guys started a long thread about it, here is a new board for it.

I did not say you cannot leave a negative review on a reader.  There is nothing wrong with that, but just state the facts.  It's one thing to point out the predictions they made and then explain they did not come true, but it's very different to call the reader a scam or fraud because of it.  100% of the predictions will never come true, so how can any reader be a scammer because they got one wrong? 

Another thing to remember is that damaging a reader's reputation can put them out of business.  This is a business by the way, and it's how they eat and pay rent.  When you leave a bad review, it's not the same as reviewing a large company.  It's very easy to put a small company out of business.  How many of you own a business?  Imagine the damage it would cause you to have a few people complain about you on Yelp or the Complaints Board, etc.  I am not saying there aren't readers who are taking advantage and should be doing something else, but if you are not absolutely positive about your claim, you should only state the facts.  Words like fraud, scam, fake, etc can lead to legal problems.  The disclaimers on sites do not always hold up.  It's just like a corporation.  Just because you have a corp, doesn't mean you are protected either.  Attorneys pierce disclaimers and agreements just like they do with corporations.  And even though it's not likely a reader will sue me or ever could since this is a forum and ultimately I am not responsible for what you say, I am the first one they go after when people on here get carried away.  Also remember if a reader does sue and her attorney produces a court order, then I would have to give them the information I have on you, or I would be charged with spoliation of evidence.

So although you guys say I have nothing to to worry about, I do, and so do you.  That is why I just ask you to state the facts and not bash the readers when their predictions do not come true.  It's not that hard to do.  If you have to use vulgar language and speak violently, then I'll have to boot you out of here for my safety and for the peace and safety of all the other members that use this board correctly.

Finally, the board is public.  You have to create a login, but it's not a locked board; otherwise, you would not be in here.  Any reader can enter the site and read what you write.  I do have an agreement for the readers to announce themselves, but I doubt any of them read it or care to follow the guidelines. 

Also, a Guest cannot see what we write.  Try to read the site as a Guest and you will only see the login page.  If you can read the board as a Guest and never login, then let me know so I can fix it.  I don't know if that is possible though.  The invisible people are members who have selected to be invisible.

Thanks for participating on this forum.  Please continue with your positive and negative reviews; just do it properly so everyone can enjoy this service.  It's a priority of mine to keep everyone safe and as happy as possible.

no problem charlie sorry it got pretty heated yesterday. We are back to being your 'angels'.

jen80

Re: Legal Issues
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »

hey charlie I saw a 'guest' online and clicked on it and it showed that 'guest' was viewing a member's profile (luckyinlove's profile) so I think they can view without logging in.

anything