Author Topic: Lift One Another Up  (Read 3126 times)

Offline sarahkw

Lift One Another Up
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
I'd like to start a new sort of thread - one where we encourage - or at least try to encourage - one another. There seems to be a lot of negativity, lots of 'this reader is a fake, no they're aren't, yes that are.' And you know, I get it. Like most of you, I got started reading with psychics 5 or 6 years ago following a bad - BAD - breakup. I called excessively, maxed out credit cards, pinned every hope I had on predictions of contact and reconciliation.

So I get it - when Psychic ABC told you that he'd call and they've been right before and you're hopeful they're right again and then along comes someone who had a different experience with ABC and tells you to hang it up, it's disappointing. Even more disappointing is when he doesn't call which leads to more readings and more money sucked from your account.

A lot of us are here because we're addicted or were addicted to calling readers. I've got one foot in the was pool and trying to pull the other out of the 'still is' pool. These days, I have one go-to reader and rely on her to give me insight and guidance. Sometimes I may cave and call another reader or two but it's rare.

In my case, I've grown significantly from where I was 6 years ago. That ex that was promised to return? He actually did - when I let it go and started living life. And when he did come back - recently - I'm in a place where I'm no longer interested. I've learned a lot about myself spiritually, what works for me, what readers I connect with, how to deal with situations and really rely on my OWN inner guidance (My -ING if any of you are Gabrielle Bernstein fans) versus my ego.

So here's what I propose - let's have a place to be encouraging. To shine - light, love, hope, whatever you want to refer to it as.

If you're having a hard day or feeling weak, let's talk about it here. Leave a comment and let's talk it out. I can't guarantee that this is going to be a thread of sunshine and daisies but hopefully it can be at least partly sunny?

I chose the 'My Story' section because I figure that's what we'll be sharing here - our stories.

So - let's be encouraging!

Offline hope4love

Re: Lift One Another Up
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:40:13 PM »
nm

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:45:13 AM by hope4love »

Offline whiteangel

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
Totally agree.  Do you have any recommendations for those of us still struggling? books, blogs, techniques, things that have helped you to get where you are today?

Offline sarahkw

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »
Totally agree.  Do you have any recommendations for those of us still struggling? books, blogs, techniques, things that have helped you to get where you are today?

I am by NO MEANS an expert or anything of the sort but I can share what worked for me. Please don't take my recommendations/advice as Bible or the absolutely truth though!

I read The Secret and for me, it made a lot of sense. Except I related it to the Bible and certain scriptures and that helped me root my spiritual beliefs which I'd gotten away from. I didn't read a ton of books but I did read Ask and It is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks. I sort of cherry-picked my way through, just read the parts that resonated. I found a few of the activities in the back to be useful.

A friend recently recommended Gabrielle Bernstein's Add More -ING to your life. I'm about halfway through and I'm loving it. I've also been using her guided meditations on iTunes and personally see a difference. I have some thought patterns I need to release and this is helping me.

I'm very faith-based so I find Jesus Calling, a daily devotional, to really speak to me. I have the book but I recently downloaded the app and have been opening it throughout the day as guided. It seems lately, without fail, that it speaks directly to whatever situation I'm dealing with.

Some of this might help you or none of it might help you but that's what helped me.

I do find that taking some time to just be quiet is worth its weight in gold. I have a busy, noisy life and sometimes struggle to just be quiet and listen. I managed it last night and there are no words for how much better I felt.

Offline hope4love

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:45:19 AM by hope4love »

Offline sarahkw

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
Yes! Writing in journals - I can't believe I forgot to mention that. It's one of my favorites. I try to write a 'Peak' a 'Pit' and 'Verse' every day and sometimes write a little more. Just last night I wrote a letter to God about all my fears, etc. Writing has always been second nature to me and I find it very therapeutic.

Thanks for the Deepak Chopra recommendation - I'll check it out! Gabrielle Bernstein mentions him often too.

Offline hope4love

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
nm

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:45:28 AM by hope4love »

jen80

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »
I'd like to start a new sort of thread - one where we encourage - or at least try to encourage - one another. There seems to be a lot of negativity, lots of 'this reader is a fake, no they're aren't, yes that are.' And you know, I get it. Like most of you, I got started reading with psychics 5 or 6 years ago following a bad - BAD - breakup. I called excessively, maxed out credit cards, pinned every hope I had on predictions of contact and reconciliation.

So I get it - when Psychic ABC told you that he'd call and they've been right before and you're hopeful they're right again and then along comes someone who had a different experience with ABC and tells you to hang it up, it's disappointing. Even more disappointing is when he doesn't call which leads to more readings and more money sucked from your account.

A lot of us are here because we're addicted or were addicted to calling readers. I've got one foot in the was pool and trying to pull the other out of the 'still is' pool. These days, I have one go-to reader and rely on her to give me insight and guidance. Sometimes I may cave and call another reader or two but it's rare.

In my case, I've grown significantly from where I was 6 years ago. That ex that was promised to return? He actually did - when I let it go and started living life. And when he did come back - recently - I'm in a place where I'm no longer interested. I've learned a lot about myself spiritually, what works for me, what readers I connect with, how to deal with situations and really rely on my OWN inner guidance (My -ING if any of you are Gabrielle Bernstein fans) versus my ego.

So here's what I propose - let's have a place to be encouraging. To shine - light, love, hope, whatever you want to refer to it as.

If you're having a hard day or feeling weak, let's talk about it here. Leave a comment and let's talk it out. I can't guarantee that this is going to be a thread of sunshine and daisies but hopefully it can be at least partly sunny?

I chose the 'My Story' section because I figure that's what we'll be sharing here - our stories.

So - let's be encouraging!
very kind of you to start this post. It takes someone with a kind spirit to say what you said. Sometimes we all get frustrated to the point of striking out against each other I have done that also when we should be banded together as a team. I apoplogize to anyone here if I came off as bitchy, I didn't mean to. Am taking this whole thing one day at a time. I get better everyday. I hope everyone gets all the good things coming to them we all deserve it. We are all loving people or else we would not be here missing and loving our exes. God bless us all.

anything