Syngery, I am so glad you are giving this new guy a chance. (loved the name BTW!). I had the same realization
s when I spent the first day with the guy I am seeing now. He came over to help me with some stuff and we spent more time talking than working. I could already tell he was interested in me in past months, I already knew he didn't tell anyone about his personal life, yet sometimes I'd say something to him and he'd jump right in with a story about himself. He is intuitive as well and is still afraid of scaring me off. But that first day we "worked" for 14 hours (I bought him supper) and he asked for a hug before he left. The next week it was business as usual at work. The following weekend we had a very bad storm and I was just miserable. I felt completely abandoned by everyone, and then my ex's sister sent me a text to ask how I fared. I kept telling one of my friends I was NOT going to chase this new guy! Well the next day (Monday) I asked sent him a text asking if he had lost power (he had given me his phone number, and I assumed he had found mine online but I didn't specificall
y give it to him). We spent the day texting on and off and he asked me out to dinner that night. Another hug.... we went out to eat a couple of times that week and one night we stayed up all night talking. He finally told me that he really liked me and enjoyed my company and if I was interested in him it would be great, but otherwise he sure enjoyed spending time with me hanging out and would love to continue.
That was that for me. I decided I'd be an absolute fool to let that opportunity pass me by. Here was someone who not only enjoyed my company but made an effort to be with me. Did that feel good after all that time of the ex ignoring me! In the beginning it was hard to let the ex go but after a couple of weeks had passed, I found myself deleting his old texts from my phone to make room for the new guys texts and it didn't hurt at all (ok I did forward a few to email).
Yes, I still think of my ex from time to time. He was a good man when he wasn't flipped out on insecuritie
s. But a new great man came into my life who has the ability to let me live my day without freaking out that I am doing something I shouldn't be. He not only tells me how he feels about me, but he shows it in his actions. He wants nothing more than to spend time with me when we are able. We have some issues to work out for sure but it's nothing that can't be handled. I remember asking him why was he placed in my path? We had been interested in each other for months and why was that? I think we both have things we need to learn from each other. He makes me laugh and smile and it feels oh so good to see him walk in my back door and hug each other - it's like all our troubles just melt away.
And yes I too called a few psychics when this first happened. I had asked them randomly over the summer as I was sensing something between us as well. I also got varied answers and my favorite psychic told me he had anger issues which I have not seen yet. A couple of them (William was one) accurately descried both men and said I'd be happy with either of them. But like you, some actually told me that either my ex would find out about him and that would make him step up to the plate, or that I shouldn't date a new man. Ellen said I shouldn't date a new man till I felt I wouldn't drop him for the old one - but do you need a psychic to tell you that? That's kind of common sense.
Well I was tired of being unhappy and pining over someone who could care less about me. Taking a chance on this guy has been the most sensible decision I've made in almost 2 years and I did it all on my own.
I know I am still not 100%, I still stay in bed for too long and have really slacked off on working out (I've gained 10 lbs since we started dating - he is really enjoying my grill). Being happy with him has not changed that fully for me. But I am on the road to recovery for sure and I hope I can soon be the person I used to be.
I hope everyone here can get to this point in their lives, with their exs, someone new, or even alone. I thought I was on the alone path and was shocked that this happened to me. Don't shut people out because a psychic says you'll be together in 6 months with your ex, especially if it's been a while already! Putting yourself out there will make you stronger as well and that's a great thing. Oh and my ex is 6 years younger than me and I was getting really down about my age saying that I wish he'd step up to the plate before I hit a certain age and really looked it. Well guess what, the new guy is *8* years younger than me and could care less about my age. How cool is that.
