Relationship Psychology Discussions > The Vent
For those no longer getting readings - how did you know you were done?
bstalling:
--- Quote from: rosa0726 on April 25, 2019, 07:03:54 AM ---sawthelight yes. And I am to blame as well. I put so much into that they were telling me that even when the signs pointed elsewhere, I didn't want to believe it.
And I truly believe my husband was sent from the universe. I had given up hope and didn't think I would ever recover from the pain or ever have feelings for anyone ever again. I met my husband very randomly, without even looking and here we are married for almost 3 years and he still feels the same way about me as he did from day one.
So even though it wasn't the ending I thought I would have, it's still a happy ending. One thing this whole fiasco did teach me is when someone really wants you, they aren't afraid to express their feelings, they don't play games, they don't play hard to get, they don't leave you wondering and it shouldn't hurt so much.
Like i said, i am not saying there aren't people out there without gifts but none of the ones that I paid were correct for me.
The ironic part is, the only psychic who was ever right about me was a person my sister worked with. This psychic didn't do it for a living and never took money from anyone. She just knew things. She predicted my husband 15 years ago and was very specific about him. Details that at the time, made me cry because her description was nothing like what I thought I would wind up with. Very eerie and she was dead on and my sister didn't even ask her about me. She just went into it and my sister called me and told me what the woman said. Go forward 10 years after that prediction and my husband is exactly what she predicted.
So that's what makes me believe there are people out there who are gifted. I knew nothing about psychics at the time and she never did it for profit. But this woman nailed who I was going to marry, even though I didn't want to hear it at the time.
--- End quote ---
why didnt you want to hear it at the time?
sawthelight:
she probably only wanted to hear she would end up with the guy she was calling about..BOY can I relate. I had a few tell me I would meet someone great that would make me so happy but I was too hung up on the guy who was making me miserable.
rosa0726:
Still Tired, that is correct. I got the prediction 10 years before I ever met him. And at the time, there was another guy that i really liked and i thought he was the guy i was going to marry. His name was Frank. I never called psychics about him. This was way before my POI in my original post.
This woman my sister worked with told my sister I wasn't going to marry Frank and that it would end in a few months. She was right about that. He broke up with me a few months later. Then she said they guy I would marry would be younger (at the time, I had never been with someone even a month younger than me), darker skin color, I would meet him at a time when I didn't want to meet anybody and that my family would have a hard time accepting him but then they would grow to love him. When my sister called and told me, I started crying because I loved Frank so much. Now I think back to what the heck did I see in Frank lol.
Fast forward to 2012 and I met my husband who is younger than me by a decade, is of Indian background, my family was very skeptical at first but now they love him. Those were very specific things. Prior to my husband, I had only been with men from my culture who were older. If you had told me back then I wasn't going to marry someone from my culture and who was younger, I would have thought you were crazy. But look at me now lol.
sawthelight:
ah I see! I was confused, thanks for clarifying :) either way it's great that you are happy, at the end of the day that's all that matters.
doubleoh8:
--- Quote from: rosa0726 on April 24, 2019, 01:00:32 PM ---When my POI, who everyone said was my twin flame, soulmate and who would never be with anyone else because it wasn't in our destiny, married someone else. When I found out he was getting married, i was done. I had been strung along for years and heard all the usual excuses that he was scared, his feelings were too strong for me, he didn't know how to express himself. And it wasn't just one psychic. I am embarrassed to say it was many and I spent a fortune over the course of 3 years.I got myself into debt over it.
Even when I was suspicious that there was someone else, i heard the same stories. It would never work out between them. It was just a passing infatuation . Fast-forward to 6 months later and he married her. That was it. I was done with psychics and never called one since. This all took place in 2012.
That was a dark time for me. i would go to bed on a Friday night and just stay ion bed til Monday morning. To say I was devestated is putting it mildly. I think part of it was because I so desperately wanted to believe them. I didn't think people could be that cruel and lead people on but sadly, those I dealt with, did. It took me a couple of years to get better and I am happy to say I am happily married now.
What I have with my husband isn't exactly what I felt for my ex. But he never leaves me wondering or lets me wait for a phone call. He was always very present and made sure he let me knew how he felt about me. And more importantly, he never makes me cry.
--- End quote ---
Wow - thanks for coming on and sharing your story Rosa. In a lot of ways, my story mirrors yours. Three+ years, one POI, ignoring the signs and instead believing the psychics, then finally waking up to reality when the fellow I called about moved in with someone else. Then some of the psychics I relied on -- some who had been right about enough things that I trusted them -- not only changed their tune but took a nasty tone with me and / or backtracked . One I recall saying "well we told you he was not ready and would need to have this other experience." She did say he was not ready, but did NOT tell me that he needed another 'experience'.
One thing that was confusing about my story is that during the year prior to meeting that POI, 2 different psychics I saw (the only 2, in person, I was not calling excessively then) predicted him, with fairly specific details (looks, personality, timeframe, how we would interact, hobbies and interests). He was presented as a twin flame by one and life partner by the other. That made me even more invested in the whole thing working out... I'd never even heard the term twin flame and hadn't asked her about that; I was actually asking about a house move.
These days, I do have the odd reading, and I'm not actually certain about whether or not I'll stop 100%. I don't ask about love. It's just too charged for me - both the positive and negative predictions get under my skin. I recently called Veruska on keen a few times and asked about a contract I was going for, and she was completely right about the whole thing. I called a few others as well and they were wrong; I almost did it just to see, because it was a short-term outcome that I could be certain about. It was so interesting to me to see how wrong most were.
At the start of this year, I called a few of the people who have the best reputations on here, or who are discussed most. I then pretty much stopped calling (except for that short round of calls with one question about work). I intend to do my report out once enough time has passed that I can say with some certainty who was right and to what degree.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version