Author Topic: Asknow  (Read 2672 times)

Offline sunandmoon

Asknow
« on: February 26, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »
I have no idea what is up with these jerks. I cancelled my account with them over a year ago, IIRC they even refunded me .03 that was left in my account. In the last couple of months I have started to get sporadic emails from them again. Each time I unsubbed. Last week I got more than one and called and was assured I'd be taken off. Guess what, another one this morning. I'm on the phone with them again.

Turns out they never delete you from the system because they don't want you or someone else at your address to call them again to get the special rate. They have no idea why I'm getting emails as my email addy is unsubbed from all types of promotions. But for some reason I am getting them.

I am absolutely horrified that this secret part of my life is not erased due to their "policies". I literally went off on him on the fact that I'd spent over 10K on frauds and no way was I ever calling any psychic again.

He has told me again that this is fixed and they will never contact me again, but they can't delete my account. I am trying to get him to change my email addy so at least I will never see them again, but of course my address and name are still in there.

I am so beyond upset about this. Be forewarned before opening new accounts. I fear they will all come back to haunt me  :(

Offline scorpiogirl

Re: Asknow
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »
It's the same at CP. I don't get any emails from them but they have told me that they will never delete or erase my information, including my credit card details so that if I ever want to re-open my account, it's all there.   :o

When I closed the account I also gave them an earful about their frauds and they offered me free minutes to call some more! Seriously?

Hope you get it sorted out.

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:14:02 PM »
I hadn't gotten any emails for months (8-10) so I figured it was all done.

CP wouldn't refund my money because they said their system was set up to process refunds only from the original transaction and that only worked for 60 days or something like that. Which is pretty much bs, I've worked in retail on and off all my life and of course you can refund a credit card past that time, you just may have to do it manually. They strung me along for about 2 months and not only offered me a reading on the funds they still had, but offered to more than double it. I declined. Luckily it wasn't too much, $25 or so. I of course declined the additional readings too.

And for the funny part of my Asknow call this morning - they were the first place I ever called. I had called to talk to someone in particular but they had a queue and the operator suggested two others based on what I was looking for. The one I picked really took advantage of my mental state, I was crying and could barely talk etc. She told me she could help me more if I called her directly. I did and she then tried to scam me. I actually ended up sending her $70 but after that I was pretty much on to her and played her along a bit. I then reported her to Asknow and got some of my funds back from my initial calls with her and was told she had been let go due to other complaints. Anyway, I tell the guy this today as I'm trying to explain why I will NEVER EVER call them again. He tells me that is not possible because they screen blah blah and furthermore one should never do business with psychics over the internet, only if they know them personally or locally. I think he finally realized what he was saying - after all he WORKS for them! - and added on "unless you call a large reputable place like us".  :-X

He did tell me he "fixed" things so that I don't hear from them again but how can I believe him at this point? I hope he changed my email. If I continue to get them, maybe I can change it myself to something that doesn't belong to me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:15:39 PM by sunandmoon »

Offline scorpiogirl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:18:36 AM »
Annoying. Yea maybe you should jut change the email address yourself to something that's not going to come to you, but you shouldn't have to go to that effort.
I'd say block the address but that doesn't remove your info for their database.

The do love those emotional callers. I fell into that trap ...

As I read this I just remembered a woman did that to me on the first stite where I called Ellen Hartwell. Good ole Ellen and her feelgood stories, my first phone psychic lol. Boca psychic I think or something like that. She took my call on the site then immediately told me to hang up and call her private number because she needed to "meditate" and I shouldn't have to pay these high per minute prices. She'd do a free reading for me on her personal line.
Of course the meditation resulted in her "seeing" that I had this major curse on my love life and she could remove it for me for a few hundred dollars. Pshhh. Yea thanks but no thanks.

Good luck with the emails!

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
And hey - I just got another one! Apparently he lied about changing my email. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! And he had the nerve to give me a hard time because I had an attitude Tuesday?!

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »

@scorpiogirl....the comment you left below....I was wondering if this is the same Ellen Hartwell on Keen or someone else?

Re: Asknow/Scorpiogirl

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »

Annoying. Yea maybe you should jut change the email address yourself to something that's not going to come to you, but you shouldn't have to go to that effort.
I'd say block the address but that doesn't remove your info for their database.

The do love those emotional callers. I fell into that trap ...

As I read this I just remembered a woman did that to me on the first stite where I called Ellen Hartwell. Good ole Ellen and her feelgood stories, my first phone psychic lol. Boca psychic I think or something like that. She took my call on the site then immediately told me to hang up and call her private number because she needed to "meditate" and I shouldn't have to pay these high per minute prices. She'd do a free reading for me on her personal line.
Of course the meditation resulted in her "seeing" that I had this major curse on my love life and she could remove it for me for a few hundred dollars. Pshhh. Yea thanks but no thanks.

Offline scorpiogirl

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 12:54:00 AM »
Yes Ellen Hartwell. She was the first phone psychic I ever spoke to and I'm sorry I ever heard of her.

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
@scorpiogirl...thanks for repsonding. That is sad that people try to swindle money from people.

Hope things are going well!