Author Topic: Reading tarot for yourself  (Read 18425 times)

Furah2fun

Reading tarot for yourself
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
Hi guys, has anyone ever read tarot cards for themselves? A friend of mine recently bought me a set. I have done a few readings for myself. they seem eerily accurate, but at the same time almost too good to be true. Am I too biased to read for myself? I am about to throw them out the window, not sure they are helping...

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
Re: Reading tarot for yourself
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »
Hi truelove....yes I have and do. I seem to pull most of the same cards as my locals when they read me. I do the celtic cross spread, or draw 7 cards/but it fun and interesting too.....good luck!

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:12:54 PM »
yeah, i do. i think that is one of the ways it's recommended to use Tarot. at least from my studies and knowledge. that is, to use it for self guidance and growing. i think using it as a predictive tool on yourself is difficult because you can maybe skew the positive or negative meaning of the cards sometimes.

my advice. if you are doing this for yourself, make it a practice to WRITE DOWN the question and make it very clear. do a spread that is very straight-forward. that way, there will be no mistaking the answer. if you don't write it down, at least make sure you are really focused on the specific question. i think, with tarot, that is where some of the confusion can come in. you ask "what does he think of me" and you get stuff like - he thinks you are intelligent and grounded. you get upset and think - what! so he doesn't LOVE me? well, you didn't really ask that question. re-work the question to something like - what are his romantic or sexual feelings towards me, if any. try not to re-word what you asked once you see the cards.

Offline Estrellita

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »
Truth:

Can I ask you, how is it that the Tarot has power to answer questions.  That always boggles my mind.  Can you explain???

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 07:24:51 PM »
@ Estrellita....I know this question was for truth....I would like to know as well, even if anyone on this board would like to share their opinions. I have heard that psychics use them as a tool. That is all I know!

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »
Can I ask you, how is it that the Tarot has power to answer questions.

If you are familiar with how tarot is read, you will know that each card has a message to it. Any specific card can actually be interpreted multiple ways, but if a person already has psychic ability and uses this as a tool, they can give further information by either validating what they already feel or recieving answers through a spread. Keep in mind that tarot reading should probably be done by professional psychics if you are seeking a high level of accuracy.....if you flip the cards and do a reading for yourself i would take it with a grain of salt.

Offline Truth

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
well, there is something called synchronicity. i believe Carl Jung brought this idea more to light or gave it more attention.
anyways, it's the idea that the universe has the answers for you, and things are connected in certain ways. like, you think about a friend you haven't heard from in 2 years, then you open up your email and there is a message from them. there is some underlying current of energy we are all riding and a part of. maybe coincidence, but why did you think about your friend that moment or that morning of all mornings? intuition, maybe.

there is also a branch of Astrology - traditional Astrology called Horary. it's based on the idea that the minute you think of a question, the stars have the answer to that question. it's not something you can ask a slew of questions about. it's 1 at a time (because the planets don't change every second. well, they do, but not where they would form different answers). so, the basis of this is - you thought of a question at that moment. so there must be an answer that moment as well. that's when you draw up a chart and find the answer to the question on your mind.

similar for Tarot. fine, it seems like the cards are coming at random. and maybe they are. but maybe your energy is focusing on the questions that are in synch with the cards that are about to come up. why did you think to ask that particular question first, second, third, etc? why did you ask - "how is his current relationship", before you asked - "how does he feel about me"? were you in tune with something that intuitively you knew the first cards laid would be positive. or negative. and the second round would be different?

all of this gets into some really deep spiritual stuff, in my opinion. but i like the Tarot. i think it helps frame situations really well. i've thought, at times, you can make almost any card to fit any situation. i think this is why certain spreads are helpful, and using each placement of the card is important. whether is past/present/future 3-card spread, a celtic-cross, or something more personal. 
also think this is why forming really concise questions is really important, esp if you aren't also using some sort of psychic gift. but i think the cards help to tap into energies you aren't necessarily seeing or wanting to see.

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »
Truth....pretty interesting stuff you just posted....this: you think about a friend you haven't heard from in 2 years, then you open up your email and there is a message from them.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened, not just with friends but with with people I do not see or have not seen in months.....and then poof there they are!

Offline Truth

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »
yeah. here is a wikipedia page on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

another good page:
http://www.carl-jung.net/synchronicity.html

i guess it's described a little differently there. but as i've studied Astrology and Tarot over the years i had the same questions and this is how it was explained to me. i also know that Jung practiced Astrology and knew about the Tarot in some way. at least symbolical meanings with the cards. 

Offline Estrellita

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
I've had some dejavu (spelled right/wrong?)  And let me tell you its weird!! 

Not that it's related, but would the ouija work the same way as tarot? Spirits coming through and answering questions when you ask.

Just wondering

Furah2fun

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. Its amazing what these cards pick up! i also think of someone and they text me right away, call etc. it's so interesting!

Offline Truth

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
maybe you guys are more in tuned, energetically. if you are picking up these things.
if so, i would work on manifesting techniques. it really goes both ways. if you are sensing things then you can make them happen just as easy.

Furah2fun

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »
Hi truth. Actually trying to manifest things now. Do you have any suggestions when first starting?

tjoy12

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »
Hey Estrellita!

I wouldn't touch a Ouija board if I were you.

My brother and I played with one when we were little and I swear that cursor thing actually does move by itself.

Well, let me define. Its moved by spirits - demonic spirits at that.
It's an open door for demonic spirits to come in and mess with your life.

I'll contact you later today. Have to update you. :)

TimeHeals

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
@EVERYONE: This is true what tjoy12 says. My aunt, a very spiritual woman, was the one who 'introduced' me to psychic practices, tarot, etc., including the Ouija, many years ago when I was a child. When she found out about the danger of using the Ouija, she cautioned me. Is true - it only allows evil spirits to come through. And you should not just through the board away, you need to BURN it. I know some may think Ouija is a silly toy, but it is not. I personally would not take any chances.

Hey Estrellita!

I wouldn't touch a Ouija board if I were you.

My brother and I played with one when we were little and I swear that cursor thing actually does move by itself.

Well, let me define. Its moved by spirits - demonic spirits at that.
It's an open door for demonic spirits to come in and mess with your life.

I'll contact you later today. Have to update you. :)

anything