Author Topic: And now for something completely different!  (Read 5436 times)

Offline melancholia

And now for something completely different!
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »
In an attempt to lighten the mood in the best way I know (because I was a fat kid growing up and will be a fat kid at heart forevermore), let's talk about something awesome.

Ice cream.

Actually, I say ice cream, but what I really mean is frozen yogurt.

I recently discovered those self-serve froyo places that charge by the ounce and you fill your own cup with whatever flavors suit your fancy and whatever toppings you want to put on there.  In fact, there's one called 16 Handles that has franchises all over the NYC area that's just amazing, though I understand there are other franchises in other parts of the country as well.

MY QUESTION(S) TO YOU:

1.) Have you been to one of these places?  Was it 16 Handles or a completely different franchise?

2.) What the hell are those little pink and yellow jelly balls anyway?  They look adorable, but I'm terrified to use them because they look like giant dyed fish eggs.  Are they delicious?

3.) What's your weirdest combination?  I did Lemon Greek and Coconut with brownies and hot fudge one day. It was pretty delicious, but there are flavors like Root Beer and other weird things (and less weird things) that I've been terribly curious about.

4.) Even if you HAVEN'T been to one of these self-serve places, what's your ice cream weakness?  Or if not ice cream, sweets in general?

So there.  Enough drama about psychics; let's talk dessert for a while, because ice cream and, by extension, frozen yogurt are the finest products to come out of the minds of mankind.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
Re: And now for something completely different!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 12:34:08 AM »
I LOOOOVVVE mint chocolate chip ice cream!!

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 12:54:34 AM »
Chocolate ice cream!!!!!!

I actually had 3 sundaes today... Yes, 3!! We had a potluck and I brought ice cream and all the sundae fixings! Haha. Ice cream is seriously one of my favorite things in the whole world. I love the one with peanut butter cups inside too!

loops77

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 01:56:17 AM »
You Green and Black...they make high end chocolate bars? They use to make a delicious white chocolate/raspberry ice cream. Organic too. Off the shelves at Whole Foods. Wonder if anyone else has tried it...

Offline wishfulthinker

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
Thanks for lifting the mood on here.  Now I am craving ice cream!!
Everybody stay cool this weekend  8)
Wishful

Offline lightme

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
this is spooky, i was having white chocolate/raspberry ice cream while reading this exact post last nite. what is the chance? and it was my first time to try this favor. yummy!

Offline melancholia

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
You Green and Black...they make high end chocolate bars? They use to make a delicious white chocolate/raspberry ice cream. Organic too. Off the shelves at Whole Foods. Wonder if anyone else has tried it...

I remember that stuff!  Oh, man...now I want to make a Whole Foods run and see if there's any.  I don't even know if they make the stuff stateside anymore...

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 10:09:11 PM »
I'm eating grape raspberry icecream right now and its almost as good as getting a reading. Also, it only cost me $3.47.

IntuitiveScorp

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 10:16:09 PM »
I'm eating grape raspberry icecream right now and its almost as good as getting a reading. Also, it only cost me $3.47.
;D I haven't gotten a reading in a couple weeks. Feels good!

anything