Relationship Psychology Discussions > The Vent

What do you think of psychics who

(1/2) > >>

jackY:
read with such conviction on an outcome repeatedly (like at least 3 times), and then the complete opposite happens and they say, "well, things are changing all the time". Huh? I understand that things can change due to lots of circumstances-choices made, etc. But when you tell someone over and over that this is what's going to happen, I think you're just a bullshitter. I mean, it's a 50/50 shot to get it right. Thoughts?

Kate:

--- Quote from: jackY on November 23, 2023, 06:49:50 PM ---read with such conviction on an outcome repeatedly (like at least 3 times), and then the complete opposite happens and they say, "well, things are changing all the time". Huh? I understand that things can change due to lots of circumstances-choices made, etc. But when you tell someone over and over that this is what's going to happen, I think you're just a bullshitter. I mean, it's a 50/50 shot to get it right. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I think many are good at picking up current, but cannot see future. When I have had it happen with psychics on CP, I've asked for a refund.. Personally, I think the future path is set - you cannot change it.. Maybe delay it.. shift the path on the way to the final outcome - change out your react, but it's going to play out regardless.. imo...

Chitowngirl:

--- Quote from: jackY on November 23, 2023, 06:49:50 PM ---read with such conviction on an outcome repeatedly (like at least 3 times), and then the complete opposite happens and they say, "well, things are changing all the time". Huh? I understand that things can change due to lots of circumstances-choices made, etc. But when you tell someone over and over that this is what's going to happen, I think you're just a bullshitter. I mean, it's a 50/50 shot to get it right. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I agree, that seems like a huge cop-out for when they’re wrong and they can’t really deny it anymore. Big red flag!

jackY:
I love your response. I'm always torn between that philosophy and others that describe a more flexible path in which we'll arrive at the destinations we're "supposed to", but it will have many twists and turns based on our choices and the choices of others.

--- Quote from: Kate on November 23, 2023, 11:04:11 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I think many are good at picking up current, but cannot see future. When I have had it happen with psychics on CP, I've asked for a refund.. Personally, I think the future path is set - you cannot change it.. Maybe delay it.. shift the path on the way to the final outcome - change out your react, but it's going to play out regardless.. imo...

--- End quote ---

Angiegrace18:

--- Quote from: Kate on November 23, 2023, 11:04:11 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Is there a timeframe that you request the refund?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version