Relationship Psychology Discussions > The Vent

For anyone who has readings about a POI...

(1/4) > >>

Chitowngirl:
I've gone on binges on and off and am currently on one now. It's about a guy I have a connection with. (Tale as old as time). I go on here, see who's gotten a lot of positive feedback and see if I can catch them. Please no judgement on the binging. It's my disposable income so it is what it is, that being said, I realize it's not super healthy.

What I wanted to ask about is if any of you out there who are also asking about people you like, date, are interested in or whatever. Are you also getting this feedback?

-He likes you but it doing healing work due to past wounds/relationships
-He will come forward to you within (x) amount of time and be more consistent
-He finds you alluring and he has a magnetic attraction to you
-He guards his heart
-He's inconsistent and hot and cold with you
-He wasn't emotionally available in the past but he's working on that now

I'm seeing a LOT of the same themes and getting a lot of the same feedback and trust me when I say I've talked to a lot of these people, both men and women. I try to go to ones where I see that they'll tell you the "honest, brutal truth."

Anyway, either all of these people are correct and the man I like is easy to read OR they're telling to this to everyone who comes to them who is asking about someone that they're not necessarily in a relationship with but would like to be.

So please lmk if you've all heard the same from literally everyone out there. There have been maybe 2 people ever who were like, "Nahh, he's not interested."

Thanks!

serenejoy:

--- Quote from: Chitowngirl on July 12, 2023, 02:55:22 PM ---I've gone on binges on and off and am currently on one now. It's about a guy I have a connection with. (Tale as old as time). I go on here, see who's gotten a lot of positive feedback and see if I can catch them. Please no judgement on the binging. It's my disposable income so it is what it is, that being said, I realize it's not super healthy.

What I wanted to ask about is if any of you out there who are also asking about people you like, date, are interested in or whatever. Are you also getting this feedback?

-He likes you but it doing healing work due to past wounds/relationships
-He will come forward to you within (x) amount of time and be more consistent
-He finds you alluring and he has a magnetic attraction to you
-He guards his heart
-He's inconsistent and hot and cold with you
-He wasn't emotionally available in the past but he's working on that now

I'm seeing a LOT of the same themes and getting a lot of the same feedback and trust me when I say I've talked to a lot of these people, both men and women. I try to go to ones where I see that they'll tell you the "honest, brutal truth."

Anyway, either all of these people are correct and the man I like is easy to read OR they're telling to this to everyone who comes to them who is asking about someone that they're not necessarily in a relationship with but would like to be.

So please lmk if you've all heard the same from literally everyone out there. There have been maybe 2 people ever who were like, "Nahh, he's not interested."

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Sadly yes, these are things I've gotten before- However, that doesn't mean they are wrong for either of us. They could very well be the truth. Unfortunately, there can be some similarities in all of our situations that can be vaguely expressed in cliché lines. 

Chitowngirl:
yes, that is absolutely true! That's why I wanted to put this on here because I see patterns in things I'm being told that I believe are spot on for my situation but I also realize they can be generalized for advice on anyone who is in a romantic situation they aren't sure about. So it's a crapshoot for sure!

aquagirl:
There are only so many reasons you can be having issues with a man. Ive had similar around a couple but not all. While there are advisors that will use cold reading general terms because the odds are you'll identify with it., many times it's the case. I just feel many of us have the similar situations in different wrappers.  i can usually tell if its sunshine blown up my arse by the rest of the call. 

Its hard to establish a pattern. For many people their way of speaking and using analogies can come across as saying the same to other people. but like i said there are only so many combinations of situations , that people are bound to get similar language.

It doesn't mean they are wrong or even fake. But there are many who are so i understand how difficult it is to swim through them.

Chitowngirl:
Thanks, I completely agree! It's just hard to discern between all of them being correct in picking up the same thing over and over or as you said, it's their way of being pretty vague but knowing it can sound very accurate. I guess I just tried taking a step back to really read these readings again and see if they were actually very specific as in said something that no one would just randomly throw out or just saying things that could be transcribed to many situations. Once time has passed I'll keep the forum updated on who was right or wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version