Author Topic: I think I’ve quitted for good  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

I think I’ve quitted for good
« on: April 01, 2023, 03:28:37 PM »
I just want to be an inspirational poster and say I’m going reading free in 2023 I’ve not been to anyone in 2 months. I’ve slowly weaned myself off over a period of years.Starting with asking psychic sofa to block me (every 3 months to a permanent ban), removing myself from all my spiritual fb groups, only going to one reader who never told me my future outright but only answered my questions hence giving me control. We fell out and she blocked me on fb, which I was happy about. Her love reading was 2 years in advance so in that time I didn’t need to go to anyone, because I knew it’ll happen in 2 years time which helped massively. I still don’t know if she was right but I feel good that she helped me get over my exes and weaned me off readings by making me focus on the future. There was another regular I used to go to too. I weaned myself from that too, going from everyday use, to once a month, to once every 6 months, to not going to her at all anymore because tbh, her readings were sh**.

Now I have issues with committing to my degree because the reader I fell out with told me to change degrees and start from the beginning which I’m trying to overcome. It’s hard but hopefully with my family’s help and advice I’ll overcome this.

Good luck everyone, trust your intuition, love and pamper yourself, and please save your money. You don’t need to go to anyone to feel better, stick it out. Oh and I’m also thinking about making a psychic addiction support group on Facebook if anyone’s interested. I’ve made one so just search and let me know if you can’t find it.

Offline regrets

Re: I think I’ve quitted for good
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 04:26:52 PM »
I think it's great news you have quit for good.  It's awful how people make a living out of this, preying on the vulnerable.
I wish you the very best for your future x

Offline Mina

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 05:52:14 PM »
I just want to be an inspirational poster and say I’m going reading free in 2023 I’ve not been to anyone in 2 months. I’ve slowly weaned myself off over a period of years.Starting with asking psychic sofa to block me (every 3 months to a permanent ban), removing myself from all my spiritual fb groups, only going to one reader who never told me my future outright but only answered my questions hence giving me control. We fell out and she blocked me on fb, which I was happy about. Her love reading was 2 years in advance so in that time I didn’t need to go to anyone, because I knew it’ll happen in 2 years time which helped massively. I still don’t know if she was right but I feel good that she helped me get over my exes and weaned me off readings by making me focus on the future. There was another regular I used to go to too. I weaned myself from that too, going from everyday use, to once a month, to once every 6 months, to not going to her at all anymore because tbh, her readings were sh**.

Now I have issues with committing to my degree because the reader I fell out with told me to change degrees and start from the beginning which I’m trying to overcome. It’s hard but hopefully with my family’s help and advice I’ll overcome this.

Good luck everyone, trust your intuition, love and pamper yourself, and please save your money. You don’t need to go to anyone to feel better, stick it out. Oh and I’m also thinking about making a psychic addiction support group on Facebook if anyone’s interested. I’ve made one so just search and let me know if you can’t find it.

Stunning!

I think with degrees it matters more that you finish, and ASAP. Looking back on my degrees most jobs in what I do just care that I got a degree, but I don’t know what it is you want to do.
Regardless, treat that last reader advice like little devil of doubt that sits on your shoulder or as an intrusive thought and say “nope! I’m doing it anyways” or “ok that’s fine but I’m doing this anyways!”
I like the gumption you have. Keep going!

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 06:19:38 AM »
Congratulations on quitting the readings!
With your degree do what is right for you. How do you get Psychic Sofa to block you? I ring on the mobile number but my phone network can’t ban these numbers.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 02:06:11 PM »
Congratulations on quitting the readings!
With your degree do what is right for you. How do you get Psychic Sofa to block you? I ring on the mobile number but my phone network can’t ban these numbers.

I emailed psychicsofa and got them to block me

Offline Jasmine4849

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 02:30:36 AM »
I've spent a ridiculous amount between 2018 and last year. This year, what's finally made a difference was when I looked up a youtube tutorial on how to actually block my psychic websites on my computer, because I'd always choose the chat option and chat on my keyboard. To get a reading I'd now need to go and use a different device that's not mine... Today I'm 50 days away from my last Keen reading - Keen was my biggest money drainer - have still been getting CP readings but I'm stopping that too.

The guy never came back, the feelings waned. I've read the beginning chapters of a book called Abandonment which described in scary detail what I went through when he dumped me. I now listen to self-love coaching videos and such... I hope to never go through anything like that again.

Offline MAgirl

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 03:09:03 AM »
I've spent a ridiculous amount between 2018 and last year. This year, what's finally made a difference was when I looked up a youtube tutorial on how to actually block my psychic websites on my computer, because I'd always choose the chat option and chat on my keyboard. To get a reading I'd now need to go and use a different device that's not mine... Today I'm 50 days away from my last Keen reading - Keen was my biggest money drainer - have still been getting CP readings but I'm stopping that too.

The guy never came back, the feelings waned. I've read the beginning chapters of a book called Abandonment which described in scary detail what I went through when he dumped me. I now listen to self-love coaching videos and such... I hope to never go through anything like that again.

Hi @Jasmine4849

I searched abandonment on Amazon and came across many books about attachment, addiction, loss rejection, ending unhealthy dependency etc… Added a few in my list.

It’s a great idea to block the psychics web sites. I spent a fortune on Kasamba & Keen and the poi is still absent.

Thanks

Offline Jasmine4849

Re: I think I%u2019ve quitted for good
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 04:41:43 AM »

Hi @Jasmine4849

I searched abandonment on Amazon and came across many books about attachment, addiction, loss rejection, ending unhealthy dependency etc%u2026 Added a few in my list.

It%u2019s a great idea to block the psychics web sites. I spent a fortune on Kasamba & Keen and the poi is still absent.

Thanks
Yeah... I'm not sure how it can be done on mobile devices, but the tutorial explains how to go into your computer or laptop settings and block the sites. At first I tried time management apps but of course I'd just whitelist the psychic sites back when I wanted a reading.

I hope the situation works out for you in the way most beneficial for you. As a lot of others said, we get readings often because we don't have the in-person support we need badly. And if we have friends we can talk to, we don't want to go on and on and overwhelm them. I forgive myself for spending on the readings and want to just move on.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 06:00:02 PM »
I emailed psychic sofa and got them to block me. In hindsight there aren’t many good readers on there anyway. I am trying to wean myself off Ask the Answer readings.

Offline Notacrystalfreak

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 12:57:03 PM »
I emailed psychic sofa and got them to block me. In hindsight there aren’t many good readers on there anyway. I am trying to wean myself off Ask the Answer readings.

Well done! Just to let you know none of their readings came true for me for what it’s worth. Maybe one out of ten and even that didn’t materialise properly (because I was out of my mind)

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2023, 06:03:34 PM »
Yes, same for me. Lorna Max is quite good but none of her relationship predictions came true.

Offline Mina

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 04:37:18 AM »
I never thought about it this way but that perhaps getting readings could be something our ego is trying placate.

This video weirdly pissed me off. A friend sent it and it annoyed me as well that she sees this in me. But I do see how my ego is trying to control here with readings … ugh awkward

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrGzhI5ABZT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Offline jackY

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 02:58:25 PM »
I LOVE this video and wish someone would have sent it to me a decade ago when I was spending a stupid amount of money on psychics over a guy who never showed up for me. I now tell anyone in that situation that if a guy wants to be with you, he will crawl naked over broken glass to make it happen. Period.

I never thought about it this way but that perhaps getting readings could be something our ego is trying placate.

This video weirdly pissed me off. A friend sent it and it annoyed me as well that she sees this in me. But I do see how my ego is trying to control here with readings … ugh awkward

Offline Mina

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 12:47:45 PM »
I LOVE this video and wish someone would have sent it to me a decade ago when I was spending a stupid amount of money on psychics over a guy who never showed up for me. I now tell anyone in that situation that if a guy wants to be with you, he will crawl naked over broken glass to make it happen. Period.

Ok I’m glad someone liked it…
I disagree with some parts of this video like:
I do think you can attract someone from your ego (and that’s not bad thing either. Its ok to want thing from ego … I also don’t believe in soul mates)

But I don’t think it’s healthy if my ego has chokehold on my love life and I’ll admit I’ll ask these questions because I do take it personally. I think currently I’m asking when I’ll hear from him and I can’t sit in the discomfort