Author Topic: Quitting Readings  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Chocolate

Quitting Readings
« on: March 29, 2023, 08:09:10 PM »
Hi. I’m trying to stop having readings as it is too expensive. I’ve gone two days now without a reading. Anyone got any suggestions/tips about what to resist having a reading if I feel I really need one? Thanks

Offline Oisin16

Re: Quitting Readings
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 11:16:56 PM »
I had my biggest binge on 2019-20 sadly I spent around 10k it’s so embarrassing the way I stopped it was of course acknowledging how much I spent and how hard was to earned that money. Second that the person I was asking about wasn’t worth it. Then after long I realized the readers who were wrong and sugar coated so no reason to call again. Then I had just 3 that I would trust but they all wrong at the end. So that kinda make me stop. Also try the YouTube pick a card reader to at least decrease anxiety

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 12:13:21 PM »
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Was the 10k dollars or pounds if you don’t mind me asking? I live in the UK and at one point I spent about £600 in a month!

I had drastically cut down since then but I want to use my own intuition and gut instinct rather than a “psychic” saying this and that will happen.

It feels great to be more in control of my money too.

Offline MAgirl

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 04:12:17 PM »
I am in the same boat, I spent so much on readings and trying to slow down and eventually quit.

I recently read this on the forum, maybe it can help:

"Most people who post here aren't people pinning over some long-lost and unrealistic love. I think most of us call because the situation is one that is so baffling, where everything "logically" seems that it should fall into place, but it doesn't and that disconnect is what makes us look for insight and answers".

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 10:17:15 PM by MAgirl »

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 08:29:30 AM »
In my case I’ve been ringing psychics for hope and to ease anxiety. I don’t really have anyone to talk to about issues in my life. I’ve found a Facebook page called Dear Struggling Addict. It seems to be for drug and alcohol addicts but some of the advice given resonates to my psychic addiction.

Offline regrets

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 10:59:09 AM »
I haven't used for months, but last week used a cheap one as it seemed reasonable.  By mistake the person sent me soemone else's order.   It was exactly the same answer as mine!!! They exploit peoles anxiety and loneliness.  As a previous poster said it is when people have difficult situations too.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 08:57:09 PM »
I probably spent approximately 15,000- 20,000 in total since 2016 when the nightmare began. I don’t read anymore at all and it’s such a relief. Even when I get the urge, I still don’t. What’s helped me is that every, single person I’ve read with has been significantly wrong on something.

But what really helps when I get the urge is acknowledging that not only will the person probably be wrong, but even if they’re right, I’ll have no way of knowing until after the fact- so how does it help? Even the most excellent and genuinely gifted readers are wrong at different times for different people, even people they’ve always been right for in the past. It’s information you just can’t trust- so how does it help you?!

Offline HazelYella

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2023, 02:55:58 AM »
I probably spent approximately 15,000- 20,000 in total since 2016 when the nightmare began. I don’t read anymore at all and it’s such a relief. Even when I get the urge, I still don’t. What’s helped me is that every, single person I’ve read with has been significantly wrong on something.

But what really helps when I get the urge is acknowledging that not only will the person probably be wrong, but even if they’re right, I’ll have no way of knowing until after the fact- so how does it help? Even the most excellent and genuinely gifted readers are wrong at different times for different people, even people they’ve always been right for in the past. It’s information you just can’t trust- so how does it help you?!

Yes, I’m using all the money I’m saving from not getting readings on spa days and getaways.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2023, 08:08:46 AM »
That’s great that you are treating yourself to things that will really help your wellbeing rather than spending money on readings.

I got to the point where I was not looking at what I am spending on psychics realistically. I’d be so low that I’d think OK a £29.95 reading on Ask The Answer will make me feel better. It all adds up and then I’d be into my savings or overdraft.

Offline Fruggie81

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 12:22:38 AM »
I have to say I am in the same boat.  I have spent thousands on psychics starting in 2014…this is when I started the addiction I had a life change and fell in love with the wrong person and sadly I am still with this person but trying to break away.  I had to file bankruptcy last year this is so embarrassing to even admit and I don’t know how to get help because I’m scared and embarrassed to admit it.  Any suggestions???

Offline MAgirl

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 03:30:37 AM »
I have to say I am in the same boat.  I have spent thousands on psychics starting in 2014…this is when I started the addiction I had a life change and fell in love with the wrong person and sadly I am still with this person but trying to break away.  I had to file bankruptcy last year this is so embarrassing to even admit and I don’t know how to get help because I’m scared and embarrassed to admit it.  Any suggestions???

Hi @Fruggie81, Start transforming your thought process into something new. You can do this reading positive affirmations daily or with a help of a therapist or life coach. Better days are coming, you will shine ☀️

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2023, 05:26:09 PM »
More than the money for me, it’s the delusions I’ve been left with, the false hope, the detriment to my emotional and mental well-being. It’s contributed to me now having Complex PTSD. Even now I see things unfold that are NOTHING like what anyone said- such as my ex marrying someone else. This is somebody he was going to be with “1-4 months” and get back in contact with me. He never spoke to me again.

I actually spoke to a reader about her predictions recently, and to her credit, she said she’s sorry and takes full accountability for having gotten things so wrong for me. It’s more than can be said for most readers who otherwise would deflect, blame me and make excuses. But it doesn’t help all the pain I’ve been caused and am in.

I would suggest that anybody who wants to stop readings that gets an itch for one, comes back and reads this post. It’s not going to help you.

Offline Lys

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2023, 07:12:45 PM »
More than the money for me, it’s the delusions I’ve been left with, the false hope, the detriment to my emotional and mental well-being. It’s contributed to me now having Complex PTSD. Even now I see things unfold that are NOTHING like what anyone said- such as my ex marrying someone else. This is somebody he was going to be with “1-4 months” and get back in contact with me. He never spoke to me again.

I actually spoke to a reader about her predictions recently, and to her credit, she said she’s sorry and takes full accountability for having gotten things so wrong for me. It’s more than can be said for most readers who otherwise would deflect, blame me and make excuses. But it doesn’t help all the pain I’ve been caused and am in.

I would suggest that anybody who wants to stop readings that gets an itch for one, comes back and reads this post. It’s not going to help you.

So nobody was good for you? Have you read with Yona and Leanne about your situation?

Offline serenejoy

• walk by faith, not by sight
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2023, 07:20:01 PM »

Hi Rosie,

Not trying to take away from your pain and experience - I just wanted to ask if QoC saw this? I saw another post you made where she asked you if he was married and saw him with someone else in a "intense" relationship of sorts.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2023, 08:40:26 PM »

Hi Rosie,

Not trying to take away from your pain and experience - I just wanted to ask if QoC saw this? I saw another post you made where she asked you if he was married and saw him with someone else in a "intense" relationship of sorts.

That was a different guy and she was totally wrong because he wasn’t even in a relationship when she was saying all that stuff. Don’t know if he is now or not. With this ex, she said he and his partner would not make it to being in a LTR. Honourable mention for Yona for being totally incorrect also.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:03:50 PM by Truthfromrosie »