Author Topic: 95% percent of psychics are frauds  (Read 4130 times)

Offline smilegodlovesu77

95% percent of psychics are frauds
« on: July 25, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »
I feel you can get better readings by pulling cards digitally for your self from sites like ifate.com.

Offline aquagirl

Re: 95% percent of psychics are frauds
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 04:05:41 PM »
people who make these types of statements usually have unrealistic expectations and truly don't understand how all of this works. While, yes there are frauds out there, I wouldn't say its as high as you think. It depends on where you're going as well.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 09:15:57 PM »
Given the thousands and thousands upon thousands of people offering psychic services, I think 95% is actually likely to be a pretty accurate figure of how many do not possess the kind/level of ability that they tell their customers that they do. Unrealistic expectations (if at all) are borne out of the unrealistic portrayal given by these people as to what they’re able to do.

Offline Apalm831

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 11:23:06 PM »
I think that is fair to say, yes. Almost everyone who does this for money is a fraud. It's a bit sad as well. Many of these readers seem to exploit a clients anxiety and feed them lines that could potentially keep them returning. For people that binge, readings are very addictive and a strange drug. Getting some sort of positive affirmation from someone you believe to have the ability to 'see the future' gives your brain that quick hit of dopamine and, if you're not careful, will quickly suck you in. I've been doing this for 6 or 7 years now, and I can safely say MOST people who do this as a career are completely and totally fake. It's not hard to cold read someone, to infer the nature of a situation based on the question asked, the way it is asked, etc. I've also seen readers who straight up google people. That being said, there's still two readers who I do believe are absolutely real and have told me things past present and future that no one could have possibly known. I've tried tricking them both with burner numbers, fake names, fake emails, with holding specific information and they both have left me legitimately shocked. So... is it fake? No, it's real. The problem is it's really hard to find the people that are real but I'm glad I did. Example, I would've gotten into some serious legal hot water if it hadn't been Cookie randomly telling me that I would be sued for unpaid debts. I had never asked about it, or even thought about it, but then it happened and played out exactly as she stated. Had it not been for her informing me of that, I wouldn't have been prepared by going into consolidation and having a lawyer ready. There's no way she could've possibly known this, not even I had known this.

It's real, if that's an consolation. But, yeah 95% fake. I'd go a step farther and say 99%.

And no, flipping digital cards isn't going to give you any sort of accurate insight. Those are completely generated by a random script.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 12:15:53 AM »
I think that is fair to say, yes. Almost everyone who does this for money is a fraud. It's a bit sad as well. Many of these readers seem to exploit a clients anxiety and feed them lines that could potentially keep them returning. For people that binge, readings are very addictive and a strange drug. Getting some sort of positive affirmation from someone you believe to have the ability to 'see the future' gives your brain that quick hit of dopamine and, if you're not careful, will quickly suck you in. I've been doing this for 6 or 7 years now, and I can safely say MOST people who do this as a career are completely and totally fake. It's not hard to cold read someone, to infer the nature of a situation based on the question asked, the way it is asked, etc. I've also seen readers who straight up google people. That being said, there's still two readers who I do believe are absolutely real and have told me things past present and future that no one could have possibly known. I've tried tricking them both with burner numbers, fake names, fake emails, with holding specific information and they both have left me legitimately shocked. So... is it fake? No, it's real. The problem is it's really hard to find the people that are real but I'm glad I did. Example, I would've gotten into some serious legal hot water if it hadn't been Cookie randomly telling me that I would be sued for unpaid debts. I had never asked about it, or even thought about it, but then it happened and played out exactly as she stated. Had it not been for her informing me of that, I wouldn't have been prepared by going into consolidation and having a lawyer ready. There's no way she could've possibly known this, not even I had known this.

It's real, if that's an consolation. But, yeah 95% fake. I'd go a step farther and say 99%.

And no, flipping digital cards isn't going to give you any sort of accurate insight. Those are completely generated by a random script.

Literally agree with with every, single thing you’ve said, including the real ones- there have been a few times (amongst hundreds or even thousands) that I’ve been blown away by something specific that the person just couldn’t possibly have known, so I know it’s real- just much rarer and very different than almost all would have you believe. And yeah-random digital cards aren’t going to get you anywhere.

Offline Mattsmom

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 01:49:17 PM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 01:04:16 PM by Mattsmom »

Offline Apalm831

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 08:57:21 AM »

Literally agree with with every, single thing you’ve said, including the real ones- there have been a few times (amongst hundreds or even thousands) that I’ve been blown away by something specific that the person just couldn’t possibly have known, so I know it’s real- just much rarer and very different than almost all would have you believe. And yeah-random digital cards aren’t going to get you anywhere.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the electronic cards not supplying helpful insight.  For seven years, I've used electronic Tarot I've used it to read for myself over the years and slowly wean myself from obtaining psychic readings.

As I've cultivated a greater connection with my Higher Power, I've noticed the electronic cards slowly become more accurate.  I have one version installed on my Android phone; another installed on my Fire tablet.  I cannot tell you how many times I will pull the exact SAME card (and even same positioning).

Sorry, folks, that can't *just* be code.  Especially if I see that happening at a frequency to beat the statistics.

A Higher Power greater than one's understanding trumps "code".

My two cents.

Well you can believe anything you like but as a graphic designer and a person who’s made many websites, I can assure it’s definitely code.

Offline bonba

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 05:34:19 AM »
I agree . I would even say 100 percent if them are fraud . I read with more that 100 readers in past 9 years . not a single thing they said ever came to pass . I can confidently say I have not seen a real psychic . I had readings with few famous ones too but they were all inaccurate too . It was oroven to me many times that they do not have any ability to see the future. some people just try to fit the life events to the vague and common sense statement and they think the prediction happened . it is sad but it is their business to take people money .

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 08:17:01 AM »
I completely agree. I'm going to go with 98% are full of it. ESPECIALLY tarot readers. You can take one card and every single person will have their own personal interpretation of it, depending on their state of mind and emotion. I never do tarot readers at all. Yona was the only exception 3 years ago. I rather no tools readers.

That said, I even think they suck. My preference is always clairvoyants for me wanting to know future stuff, and empaths for me wanting to know present emotions. There are only two psychics that I trust. Really, only one that I trust 100% and the other I trust 90% because she's be completely wrong on like three major events over the years, but otherwise she's a great empath and accurate with future predictions.

All of these store front psychics are totally full of shit and they are relationship destroyers. Not only that, but they will keep a person holding on to exes forever, or keep them holding on to toxic situations that they shouldn't be in. Then you get the advice givers, which are horrid. I don't respect those at all.

A reader should read what they see, without judgment, and without giving advice as to what to do. That is what I love so much about Aries Intuition. Never judgment, never bs fairytales, and never inserting her own personal opinion in there and telling you what you need to do.

I just read with a few new readers the other day because my other one wasn't available. It was a total waste of 130 dollars between them all. One was LaDonna from CA psychics, total bullshit and just an advice giver. The other was angelic visions on Keen, another bullshitter, and Venus from CA psychics and she was half right. She was right with regard to the emotional state of my bf, but not right about the cheating part.

I had asked them all if he was cheating with a specific person. They ALL said yes, but not physical, it's online chatting etc. Venus went further to say that the chatting was of the sexual nature and I would not want to see the content and said it had been going on for months. They all said my bf was lying about this female being his friend's cousin that I thought he was chatting up online.

I reached out to the woman herself. Turns out, she really is his friend's cousin, has known my bf for years, but never engaged in any side chats. She said he's never even tried to privately message her. She also lives in another state. She offered to block him if it made me feel better and I was like nah, that's not even necessary. So ALL THREE of them were full of bs and my heart was hurting so bad after those readings and it turns out my bf was actually telling me the truth, confirmed by the woman herself.

My bf called a keen psychic last saturday night and that dollar store psychic told him I was cheating on him and chatting with someone online. TOTAL BULLSHIT. I've neve cheated on him or even THOUGHT about cheating on him a day in my life. I've only ever thought of trying to work through things and hoping and praying things would get better. He ended up treating me like shit as though I was actually doing what she said. As though, because she called herself psychic, she was truth. He's clueless about the psychic reading world. I tried to warn him of it previously but he didn't listen. And now we haven't spoken in 5 days and counting so far because of that bullshit reading.

Aries is retiring from readings and I guess I am too. I'm not wasting anymore money on bullshit lies. Readings are dangerous unless the psychic is actually real and, as stated, the majority are not real. 1 out of 100,000 are real I believe. I've talked to at least 300 supposed psychics over the last 10 years and they were all bs. I used to have such a bad addiction that I'd spend my rent money on it. I'd get off the phone with one and then immediately call another to confirm the previous one's predictions. Rinse and repeat with about 10 per day. They couldn't ALL be wrong if they matched right? WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! They were allllllllllllllll wrong. Every single one of them outside of Aries, who actually told me opposite of what the majority had said, and she ended up being the only one right each time.

Just be really careful and as another poster said, DO NOT make ANY decisions based upon your readings. Make sure you have actual evidence of what was said in the readings first before you potentially destroy relationships and other parts of your life.

Offline Onyx

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 01:36:22 PM »
Completely agree! They know how to state things in a vague manner using psychology and how the question is worded. People can fit their situation into what they say then think it was psychic ability

Offline Miamigurlxx

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 06:13:33 AM »
I feel you can get better readings by pulling cards digitally for your self from sites like ifate.com.

Thanks, I like this!

Offline JessicaDuBois

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2023, 01:41:12 PM »
I think advisors on these storefront websites have a tendency to make up stories.  Maybe they THINK the info they are getting is from some spirit entity, but that doesn’t mean that this is true.  Maybe some are, I don’t know.

I believe in vetting.  I will ask about something that I know.  “You’re playing Test the psychic”, the advisors say scream.  And I’m thinking…someone has to.  But I call it vetting and it’s my process before giving someone power over any aspect of my life. 

I don’t want generalized readings.  I don’t want vague statements.  I am willing to answer questions if that helps an advisor understand what they are seeing or feeling. 

I wonder how many advisors doing this have a mental illness.  I wonder how many believe their own delusional spins.  I wonder how many just do this as a side gig, not at all concerned about the impact on others