Author Topic: Thoughts on readings years down the road  (Read 2054 times)

Offline sunshineluv7

• Psychic Callers Anonymous Support Board
Thoughts on readings years down the road
« on: March 26, 2022, 12:37:22 PM »
Hey … I have been thinking lately and wanted to share some thoughts based on where I am in my journey.

I was a pretty big user of psychic services for years. Not so much anymore and it dwindled dramatically over the last few…

And at best I can say that yah, there is real talent out there, but it’s not 100 percent and, even if they are 90 percent that 10 percent can be huge.

I am married now, but not to anyone I ever spoke to psychics about. The person I most recently engaged with readers about ended up marrying the woman he was basically seeing (hidden from me completely, including the wedding) after the birth of our daughter - nobody saw that, or even her to begin with. And even now the ones I consider friends (there are two, and I’ve invested so much I at least wanted to know where they see it now) that are adamant there isn’t real love there.

I’ve been thinking about whether accuracy even matters. Here’s the thing. For me it allowed me to help deal with a reality I wasn’t enjoying - Eg when a guy wasn’t interacting with me the way I would like. So it gave me hope, and maybe overall it was false, but most of it with the readers I connected with was actually right.

I wonder if I would have walked away much sooner and before my daughter if I hadn’t believed we would get back together, for good. We did get back together many times over our involvement, for what it’s worth. I truly don’t know.

The biggest hit is definitely the financial hit. I don’t know if I could have done better - as in not spoken to them - because it was the best way I knew to deal, and I did try therapy, medication, etc. i didn’t have a good support system and I think that’s probably the biggest driver as to why I needed the readings so much.

I also really didn’t want to face the rejection I was experiencing. It wasn’t a flat out spoken rejection, but it was rejection and disappointment nonetheless. By hearing an alternative outcome, I didn’t have to face it or deal with it or even think about is this what I want for myself? To allow this kind of behavior? Because based on a different future I was able to kind of ignore what was happening, believing it would get better.

Not sure what the outcome of this post is, just something to think about. I guess really, deep down we know the readers are probably wrong - we just don’t want to have to deal with our less than desirable circumstances. I didn’t want to be the woman who’s fiancé cut off the engagement via text, or the pregnant woman in a crap relationship, or the single mom. So I believed - both the crumbs he would give me and what the readers who were mostly right for me would say. It got me through.

There are probably much healthier ways of dealing with people who treat you poorly and how that makes you feel.

So, I can’t change it and definitely can’t recoup all the $$ spent. But maybe my story can help others have some lightbulbs go off. It’s a very hard behavior problem to break, much like gambling.

Offline Sincity2

Re: Thoughts on readings years down the road
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 01:35:59 PM »
I can relate to this. I read for years on one guy. Mostly everyone was wrong we never spoke again. I think it emotionally damaged me in many ways. I just want all my money back to be honest. It’s sickening what I spent.

I still get readings here and there but I don’t put too much stock into them. It’s more a habit at this point.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 07:17:14 PM »
No one saw how significant my future husband was when I was dating him. I used readings as a crutch for a long time because I didnt have the support I needed at the time. Sometimes, I got detailed accurate insights into things that turned out to be true, other times it was vaguely true, so not accurate in the way I needed it to be. The vast majority of readings I got were trash.

I dont regret my psychic reading career lol, but I caution newbies into getting a ton of readings or relying on these strangers (its what they are) for valuable feedback about your life. Its likely not going to end up as you think it will. I will say, sometimes when reviewing past readings, one reader got a big piece of a puzzle, while other only got the medium-sized pieces. Over a period of time, I could piece together likely outcomes in some of my personal relationships based on the collection of data I got from them. It was hella expensive though, and I would advise against this. Bottom line, even the genuine psychics only see part of the truth, its likely not the whole story and it can be dangerous relying on them or trusting them more than an entertainer. Most talented readers don't even understand how their gift works or how to perform to best benefit their clients. Its sad that many of them don't even understand how far their timing actually is, when they themselves believe "six months".

But honestly, it seems the industry has changed. I dont see as many psychic addicts as I used it. Keen seems really dead, a part of me is surprised by that. I think the appeal of having a psychic read for you isnt as popular as it used to be. Or more people just value other tangible things in these recent times. Who knows.

Offline viva

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 03:39:22 AM »
I started getting readings in 2019 after I had a falling out with someone who I thought was a friend. The readings were infrequent at first. I only had few here and there. However, after things got worse with the person in 2020, I became addicted to it. So many readers said we would reconnect, that the person cared about me but was afraid to coming back, blah blah. Long story short, I never talked to the person again. Now that I am healed, I no longer care about them or wish to speak to them again.

I don’t regret the readings though. I regret letting someone make me feel less than. I relate in that I used the readings as a crutch because I didn’t have the support I needed. I was in survival mode and those readings kept me going until I was able to pick myself up. The amount of money I spent is outrageous, but I forgive myself because I know how much I was hurting inside.

Now that I am out of that fog, I decided to try some of the readers that I originally thought were spot on. When you’re not attached to a person or an outcome you see how generic and run of the mill a lot of the readings are. There may be a few genuine psychics out there (I posted about Count Marco in his thread. It could have been a coincidence, but he got a lot right), but it is few and far between. Most answer based on how you phrase your question.

To newcomers or anyone who is currently going through what I went through, I know it’s hard to hear but there is a good chance that the person you’re reading about is not coming back. Some psychics will keep telling you time frames shifted, it’s still going to happen, etc. just to keep getting your money. Or to keep from admitting that they were wrong. Let’s say they are right about the person’s feelings for you. Feelings do not equal actions. I still have fond feelings towards an old friend of mine, but I have no intention of reaching out.

Someone that really cares about you is not going to have you waiting weeks or months to try to work things out. You’re way too valuable to be sitting around waiting on someone to decide if they want you in their life. There is someone out there that will love you in the way you deserve to be loved. 

Also, I would recommend reading ‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. The title is harsh, but the delivery is empathetic. It is focused on romantic relationships with men, but it can work for all types of relationships. Sometimes we make the answer more complicated than it really is.