Author Topic: What info do readers have in advance on CP?  (Read 6084 times)

Offline littlepinkcat

Re: What info do readers have in advance on CP?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 02:18:17 AM »
There have been threats of lawsuits before on this site and consumer ripoff report (amongst others) threatening litigation. If they were investigated and found to be retaining certain types of data (this is called 'harvesting') it could cost them a fortune in fines.

Not to mention, any site that has access in Europe has to conform to the GDPR, which heavily governs consumer access to data gathered and used by commercial websites up to and including downloads, purchases, credit card data and certain other private items. That could in fact get them sued, since keeping potentially defamatory notes constitutes libel (I worked for some tech contractors with the same policies and if those notes were subpoenaed shit would hit the fan). Throw in the specter of a federal investigation for wire fraud, deceptive business or advertising practices, and you've got a serious problem.

I've thrown shit down the pipe a few times with psychics on that site, they do indeed keep notes and pass them on and it was apparent with an (expensive) experiment I did over the last year that they are indeed sharing info because a number of them jumped the bat and restated what some others said.

They definitely follow basic scripting and guidelines but the way some of them jumped on data and hurried me off the line was a dead giveaway. One of them asked me for my full name not too long ago and she obviously was typing it. 

Offline Kate

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 10:16:36 AM »
There have been threats of lawsuits before on this site and consumer ripoff report (amongst others) threatening litigation. If they were investigated and found to be retaining certain types of data (this is called 'harvesting') it could cost them a fortune in fines.

Not to mention, any site that has access in Europe has to conform to the GDPR, which heavily governs consumer access to data gathered and used by commercial websites up to and including downloads, purchases, credit card data and certain other private items. That could in fact get them sued, since keeping potentially defamatory notes constitutes libel (I worked for some tech contractors with the same policies and if those notes were subpoenaed shit would hit the fan). Throw in the specter of a federal investigation for wire fraud, deceptive business or advertising practices, and you've got a serious problem.

I've thrown shit down the pipe a few times with psychics on that site, they do indeed keep notes and pass them on and it was apparent with an (expensive) experiment I did over the last year that they are indeed sharing info because a number of them jumped the bat and restated what some others said.

They definitely follow basic scripting and guidelines but the way some of them jumped on data and hurried me off the line was a dead giveaway. One of them asked me for my full name not too long ago and she obviously was typing it.

Thanks for the info - that's very interesting... You've opened a can of worms here..
Can you share more about the experiment you did? How do you know it was note sharing and not the psychic genuinely picking up info about you?  Did you thrown in some inaccurate data when talking to them?

Offline TeaAndCookies

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 04:01:16 PM »
@Kate One of the readers I speak to said that they have a new system whereby readers can enter notes about callers. I was dismayed. I was told I go includes name, star sign, what kind of stuff caller calls about, hobbies and preferences, even whether they have a pet at home. It's awful.

Wow is that info that is shared between all readers? Or just for the individual reader?
I didn't tell this particular reader my star sign - but twice (on two seperate readings) she asked who was the Capricorn (did I have a celebration coming this month) - and then I remembered I'd put a fake b'date into the system when I joined...

Kate, I was told that readers could enter those types of notes about a caller and share them with other readers on that website. This reader said she doesn’t like that system and doesn’t use it herself. I  asked her if others do and she said yes. This is a major breach of the “Your call with your psychic is private and confidential” line they spew out when you’re on hold with CS. I want to sue but I’m so disgusted. I just want to never see that site ever again.

Offline Heather

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 01:08:31 AM »
@Kate One of the readers I speak to said that they have a new system whereby readers can enter notes about callers. I was dismayed. I was told I go includes name, star sign, what kind of stuff caller calls about, hobbies and preferences, even whether they have a pet at home. It's awful.

Wow is that info that is shared between all readers? Or just for the individual reader?
I didn't tell this particular reader my star sign - but twice (on two seperate readings) she asked who was the Capricorn (did I have a celebration coming this month) - and then I remembered I'd put a fake b'date into the system when I joined...

Kate, I was told that readers could enter those types of notes about a caller and share them with other readers on that website. This reader said she doesn’t like that system and doesn’t use it herself. I  asked her if others do and she said yes. This is a major breach of the “Your call with your psychic is private and confidential” line they spew out when you’re on hold with CS. I want to sue but I’m so disgusted. I just want to never see that site ever again.

I work for CP as a reader, and we absolutely do not share information with ANYONE nor can we. I’d sure like to know who told you that. We don’t know anything about your pet names or hobbies either. We know your first name and astrological sign. That’s it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 01:18:05 AM by Heather »

Offline Heather

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 01:39:04 AM »
Hi All - Just wondering if anyone knows if readers on CP can see your name, and also star sign when they take a call?
I didn't think so - but when I had a reading with one reader I've read with before, I told her who it was "Hi.. it's xxx" and she said "Yes i know! I saw you in my queue".

I have a fake birthday in CP and have had readers ask me if I am the birth sign of the fake birthday.. so that has also got me wondering.

I did call CS at CP and ask - and the person who answered said "to the best of her knowledge" they don't know your name or birthday..

Anyone have any other insights?

I’m a reader for CP, and we can see your first name and sign unless I use their mobile app. Then, I can’t see anything unless it’s a chat. The chat feature on my phone shows me first name, dob, and sign. If I use the chat on my iPad, it only shows what my queue shows—first name and dob.

Lots of customers call and chat with pseudo names and made up dob, so what I see has limited usefulness. The only reason that info is provided is so we’re not wasting your time asking unnecessary questions. But like I said, with so many callers giving pseudo names, it’s not useful to me because I have to ask anyway.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:46:19 PM by Heather »

Offline Candy

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 03:53:39 AM »
Hi. I’m curious to know if there’s a notes section where a reader might take notes for particular clients? I’ve had experiences where I’d call the same reader twice, 3-4 months apart, and she would remember very specific names that are not common names and details from the previous reading that I’m certain were not from her psychic abilities. Despite being able to recall very specific details, predictions are vague. Thanks.

Hi All - Just wondering if anyone knows if readers on CP can see your name, and also star sign when they take a call?
I didn't think so - but when I had a reading with one reader I've read with before, I told her who it was "Hi.. it's xxx" and she said "Yes i know! I saw you in my queue".

I have a fake birthday in CP and have had readers ask me if I am the birth sign of the fake birthday.. so that has also got me wondering.

I did call CS at CP and ask - and the person who answered said "to the best of her knowledge" they don't know your name or birthday..

I’m a reader for CP, and we can see your first name and sign unless I use their mobile app. Then, I can’t see anything unless it’s a chat. That chat on my phone shows me first name, dob, and sign. If I use the chat on my iPad, it only shows what my queue shows—first name and dob.

Lots of customers call and chat with pseudo names and made up dob, so what I see has limited usefulness. The only reason that info is provided is so we’re not wasting your time asking unnecessary questions. But like I said, with so many callers giving pseudo names, it’s not useful to me because I have to ask anyway.

Offline Kate

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 07:41:14 AM »

I’m a reader for CP, and we can see your first name and sign unless I use their mobile app. Then, I can’t see anything unless it’s a chat. That chat on my phone shows me first name, dob, and sign. If I use the chat on my iPad, it only shows what my queue shows—first name and dob.

Thanks for replying! That's very useful info and insights. Thank you.
I think there are two issues with the instant chat lines. One - they are very expensive, and too convenient to call in a crisis - leading to the service becoming like a drug for users.
But also - to do a reading in only ten mins, and make it a meaningful and helpful experience, is something that I just don't feel all psychics are able to do...we're expecting a lot... and I can imagine that can be challenging.. 

Offline Heather

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 02:39:48 PM »
There is a notes section that became available to us a few months ago. The thought behind it is to not waste time trying to remember each customer. Readers using it to pretend they’re receiving psychic information is unethical in my opinion. That’s not the intention of the notes section at all.

Personally, I don’t use it. I take back to back calls and don’t have time for all that. Sometimes I remember someone that’s called a few months ago, and sometimes I don’t.

Hi. I’m curious to know if there’s a notes section where a reader might take notes for particular clients? I’ve had experiences where I’d call the same reader twice, 3-4 months apart, and she would remember very specific names that are not common names and details from the previous reading that I’m certain were not from her psychic abilities. Despite being able to recall very specific details, predictions are vague. Thanks.

Offline Heather

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2022, 02:43:25 PM »
Some customers never use chat, but then I have a few who only use the chat because they don’t like to talk on the phone.

Thanks for replying! That's very useful info and insights. Thank you.
I think there are two issues with the instant chat lines. One - they are very expensive, and too convenient to call in a crisis - leading to the service becoming like a drug for users.
But also - to do a reading in only ten mins, and make it a meaningful and helpful experience, is something that I just don't feel all psychics are able to do...we're expecting a lot... and I can imagine that can be challenging..

anything