Author Topic: What info do readers have in advance on CP?  (Read 6083 times)

Offline Kate

What info do readers have in advance on CP?
« on: January 05, 2022, 11:50:28 AM »
Hi All - Just wondering if anyone knows if readers on CP can see your name, and also star sign when they take a call?
I didn't think so - but when I had a reading with one reader I've read with before, I told her who it was "Hi.. it's xxx" and she said "Yes i know! I saw you in my queue".

I have a fake birthday in CP and have had readers ask me if I am the birth sign of the fake birthday.. so that has also got me wondering.

I did call CS at CP and ask - and the person who answered said "to the best of her knowledge" they don't know your name or birthday..

Anyone have any other insights?

Offline TeaAndCookies

Re: What info do readers have in advance on CP?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 04:37:10 PM »
@Kate One of the readers I speak to said that they have a new system whereby readers can enter notes about callers. I was dismayed. I was told I go includes name, star sign, what kind of stuff caller calls about, hobbies and preferences, even whether they have a pet at home. It's awful.

Offline TeaAndCookies

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 04:38:29 PM »
Sorry, "info"  not "i go". Stupid autocorrect!

Offline Kate

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 10:55:08 PM »
@Kate One of the readers I speak to said that they have a new system whereby readers can enter notes about callers. I was dismayed. I was told I go includes name, star sign, what kind of stuff caller calls about, hobbies and preferences, even whether they have a pet at home. It's awful.

Wow is that info that is shared between all readers? Or just for the individual reader?
I didn't tell this particular reader my star sign - but twice (on two seperate readings) she asked who was the Capricorn (did I have a celebration coming this month) - and then I remembered I'd put a fake b'date into the system when I joined...

Offline Kate

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 01:30:02 AM »
That would have made me hang up immediately. I remember ages ago I had a reading with Blessed One on keen. She wanted to know my birthday in the first reading. I gave her the month and the day. She really wanted the year. I said no-work with what I gave you. In the next reading a few months later, she actually pretended she never read for me before and said your bday is xxxx. I said, yes, you know that because I gave you that info in our last reading and then I hung up. Who has time for this crap??

Wow is that info that is shared between all readers? Or just for the individual reader?
I didn't tell this particular reader my star sign - but twice (on two seperate readings) she asked who was the Capricorn (did I have a celebration coming this month) - and then I remembered I'd put a fake b'date into the system when I joined...

Yeah agreed - thing is, this is a) the first time it has happened on CP, and b) with a reader with a consistently full queue that I had to hover over for a long time to get in.. so she does have generally a good rep with readings - this was my third with her - the first two she did pick up on other accurate info.. but this bothered me a little - I'm not sure if there's a bit of cold reading going on.....maybe - maybe not.. but for the price we pay per min.. I don't like to think that there is any part of the reading that is not genuine..

Offline tshine17

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 01:59:53 AM »
I think that maybe my reading with her was her telling me things I’ve mentioned during past chat readings. Now I feel disappointed.

Offline Kate

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 07:32:05 AM »
I think that maybe my reading with her was her telling me things I’ve mentioned during past chat readings. Now I feel disappointed.

Which reader are you talking about?

Offline tshine17

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 07:09:47 PM »
Oops, sorry. Luna

Offline Kate

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 12:14:28 AM »
Oops, sorry. Luna

Ahhh OK - well I spoke to a trusted reader on CP last night.  She can see who is in her queue... she saw my name waiting in the queue before she read with me in other words.
So if a reader comes out with your name on CP when you call, they know it's you - it's not due to psychic ability...

Offline tshine17

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 02:17:28 AM »
Oops, sorry. Luna

Ahhh OK - well I spoke to a trusted reader on CP last night.  She can see who is in her queue... she saw my name waiting in the queue before she read with me in other words.
So if a reader comes out with your name on CP when you call, they know it's you - it's not due to psychic ability...

Unfortunately it was more than my name. She mentioned things I asked her about several months ago.

Offline Kate

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 08:44:06 AM »
Oops, sorry. Luna

Unfortunately it was more than my name. She mentioned things I asked her about several months ago.

I emailed CP - this is what they replied with

"Thank you for choosing California Psychics.  We apologize for any confusion and can assist from here.  With implementing an updated system Psychics are now only able to see your First name and Date of Birth.  We apologize for any incorrect information and thank you for letting us know.  We will work to update our Customer Service team as we strive to always provide the correct information.  Please note our psychics are handpicked by our Psychic Management Department, which screens and tests each one of them for accuracy, professionalism, compassion and the desire to help you. Only 2 in 100 who apply make it through our screening process."

Offline Flapnuggets

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 02:48:05 PM »
Welp that explains my reading with Alyssa.  Shall I shower off the slime now?  Disappointing.  At least she is cheap.  I hope her predictions pan out, though, they were positive. 

Offline tshine17

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 09:10:26 PM »
Oops, sorry. Luna

I emailed CP - this is what they replied with

"Thank you for choosing California Psychics.  We apologize for any confusion and can assist from here.  With implementing an updated system Psychics are now only able to see your First name and Date of Birth.  We apologize for any incorrect information and thank you for letting us know.  We will work to update our Customer Service team as we strive to always provide the correct information.  Please note our psychics are handpicked by our Psychic Management Department, which screens and tests each one of them for accuracy, professionalism, compassion and the desire to help you. Only 2 in 100 who apply make it through our screening process."

Does this mean that prior to your emailing this, they had access to much more information?

Offline Kate

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 02:23:30 AM »

[/quote]

Does this mean that prior to your emailing this, they had access to much more information? [/quote]

It was my understanding before this that they couldn't see anything.. you had to tell them who you are when calling etc.

I called initially to ask - because one reader said my name when I called and asked "who is the capricorn" (which is a fake B'date - but down as my star sign on the system) - I got suspicious... I told her that I was not a capricorn but was listed in the system as that - and she back peddled and said - oh no, I know it's not you ... etc.. but do you know one ...etc

Anyway - I called CP - and CS told me they couldn't see anything...

I didn't believe it - and when talking to a trusted psychic - she told me she could see my name in the queue so knew it was me....
So I emailed CP and asked - and that was the reply... It's a new system - not sure how long it has been in place - but they can see at least, your name and starsign/DoB...

I emailed back and told them it needs to be disclosed on the website - we pay a fortune to talk to the psychics, and if they want their reputation to stay intact, then they need to be upfront..

Offline tshine17

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 03:57:17 AM »
Agreed! Thanks for the info, Kate.

anything