Author Topic: Ex psychic testimony  (Read 6841 times)

Offline Krullisepic

Ex psychic testimony
« on: July 10, 2021, 04:46:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTQkRTkTxU

https://youtu.be/vtcEJl03rL8

Seems like Doreen Virtue is not only one of popular psychics turning away from readings. 

I know what she means by never having enough of the readings. Even as a psychic, she was addicted to the readings.  Many psychics want to help people and are genuine , but they have no idea about the effects of the readings on people such as addiction, anxiety, etc.   

As an ex psychic, i had a ton of mentally unstable people ask for readings but I also had everyday folks get addicted to it as well and eventually they were like the same on the phone. One lady made a post here chastising people who were so needy for the readings etc and I was not upset at all.  They didnt say it in the nicest way but it is a warning to not put your life and outcome in the hands of strangers.

I feel so much peace reading the bible and going to God. 

Here is an additional article from a more scientific approach. Sounds so familiar to what I have seen personally.

https://www.thecut.com/2015/06/this-woman-was-addicted-to-psychics.html

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 06:07:16 PM by Krullisepic »

Offline Kaliangel27

Re: Ex psychic testimony
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 12:38:27 AM »

Seems like Doreen Virtue is not only one of popular psychics turning away from readings. 

I know what she means by never having enough of the readings. Even as a psychic, she was addicted to the readings.  Many psychics want to help people and are genuine , but they have no idea about the effects of the readings on people such as addiction, anxiety, etc.   

As an ex psychic, i had a ton of mentally unstable people ask for readings but I also had everyday folks get addicted to it as well and eventually they were like the same on the phone. One lady made a post here chastising people who were so needy for the readings etc and I was not upset at all.  They didnt say it in the nicest way but it is a warning to not put your life and outcome in the hands of strangers.

Wow what kinda crazy ridiculous crap did I just watch in that youtube video hahahaha I am laughing so hard.  This is a joke, right?

Offline Krullisepic

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 05:45:50 PM »
This is not me of course. But there's been a movement of ex psychics and readers.

Are you really trying to call her crazy for not believing readings? You know most people don't believe in readings and think it is insane also.  AND lightworkers? Lmao 🤣 🤣

This is a video to help folks who want to develop strength within themselves without having to go to an outside source.

All this stuff including religion,  readings,  etc are based on belief , not science...only superstion and faith.... how can you call her faith crazy when you spend your money with a stranger to tell you your life purpose???

Offline jas

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 10:59:12 PM »
Krullisepic - there have been others who have come to this board to try to let everyone know that psychic readings are a "bad" thing but it never goes the way they hope.  Someone was kicked off this board recently for constantly stating how awful psychics are and repeatedly telling all of us we shouldn't be getting readings.  This is a psychic review board, not a come to Jesus board.

Lol dumb ass  ... I am not the woman in the video. If you believe that, I'm not surprised you spend hundreds of dollars an hour to have someone say you're gonna find the love of your life. :) Why not just pay the guy to go on a date with you ! I'm sure he will take you up on your offer.

Just about all psychic readings go like this in some general sense.

You're calling about a gentleman around you with darker hair or of an older bearing . You had a few interests recently, but he stands out most in your energy field.  Youve known him for a while.. He comes off as a very ambitious person focused on his goals. I also see you had a recent career change or move.... am I right ? I see more money coming your way. Your spirit guides are telling you to stick to your goals. You've been disappointed a few times and have felt taken advantage of in the past. Sometimes you are feeling lonely and frustrated and want to move ahead more in your life. YOU can accomplish that by surrounding yourself with white light.  :-*  ;)

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣

If you wanna call her crazy, comment on her page and see what she says.

Offline Krullisepic

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 11:04:21 PM »
I don't care if they are into Christianity or not. I posted the vid and then later responded to their rude comments.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 06:44:30 AM by Krullisepic »

Offline Esse

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 08:27:39 AM »
Doreen Virtue charged probably thousands of people for her courses in learning how to read Angel Cards, she also sold books and cards worldwide plus what she charged for readings - don't suppose she's planning to refund people.  But her point 'These cards aren’t giving messages from God or God’s angels. They are giving messages from demons disguised as angels.' someone posted similar on the Yona thread once.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:34:38 AM by Esse »

Offline curiouspsychicreadings

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 01:45:45 PM »
Honestly calling anyone out for spending money on psychic reading on a board filled with people who do will not gain you any following, you should probably just stop logging in on here, and calling someone a dumb ass is just rude... I believe in God and psychics, also if you read the bible did you ever read about the prophets??? They are people who were in touch with the divine being and spoke the words of God just putting that out there... have a great day!

Offline Kaliangel27

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »
This is not me of course. But there's been a movement of ex psychics and readers.

Are you really trying to call her crazy for not believing readings? You know most people don't believe in readings and think it is insane also.  AND lightworkers? Lmao 🤣 🤣

This is a video to help folks who want to develop strength within themselves without having to go to an outside source.

All this stuff including religion,  readings,  etc are based on belief , not science...only superstion and faith.... how can you call her faith crazy when you spend your money with a stranger to tell you your life purpose???

Just to clarify I found it crazy that someone who made a profit off of people for any amount of time decided to make a video (to try to make even more money in some way, more than likely) now condemning the practice but not saying that it is FAKE instead saying it’s just inspired by A DIFFERENT boogie man behind the curtain Lolol like ok lady, you would have been better off saying it’s just BS than it’s some evil demon type stuff hahaha

The CIA has done studies of remote viewing.  It is a legitimate thing, and has been used to help solve criminal cases even.  Is this the work of the devil?  Is that what it sounds like to that nut job? Lol that’s all I’m sayin

Offline Sincity2

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 07:34:55 PM »
Plenty of religions feel psychic readings are evil.

Offline Kkbich2014

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 09:04:16 AM »
I saw all those videos with Doreen Virtue and agree wholeheartedly with her newfound message and the way she’s turned her life around. If you’re a Christian you can’t believe in God and support the occultism, spiritism, the new age or tarot etc without being an abomination in God’s eyes. I have struggled with this myself for so long with being lukewarm and thinking I can have both God and my addiction to this stuff. you’re doing your due diligence as a follower of Christ to pass the message along no matter whether or not it is received well. I understand the peace you feel from going to God and reading your Bible. I feel the exact same and my life is slowly becoming free of so much of the turmoil, chaos, and confusion that exists when I’m leaning into my anxieties and not trusting God’s will for my life. In the throes of psychic readings I lost my relationship and so much more because I put my faith in worldly things and listened like a fool when they said he was cheating. It’s ridiculous. Keep your peace, it’s hard to spread this information when people are waiting for outcomes to manifest and hoping that the person they love loves them. Moving closer to God has gotten my relationship back on track, it’s gotten me into therapy and a lot of other positive changes that can only happen when you really know him. Doreen was a pillar in the new age community and watching her testimony and others like her made me realize that none of this is for our good. I agree wholeheartedly as someone working on becoming a follower of Christ.

Here is an additional article from a more scientific approach. Sounds so familiar to what I have seen personally.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 09:06:16 AM by Kkbich2014 »

Offline Sincity2

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 09:44:53 PM »
I saw all those videos with Doreen Virtue and agree wholeheartedly with her newfound message and the way she’s turned her life around. If you’re a Christian you can’t believe in God and support the occultism, spiritism, the new age or tarot etc without being an abomination in God’s eyes. I have struggled with this myself for so long with being lukewarm and thinking I can have both God and my addiction to this stuff. you’re doing your due diligence as a follower of Christ to pass the message along no matter whether or not it is received well. I understand the peace you feel from going to God and reading your Bible. I feel the exact same and my life is slowly becoming free of so much of the turmoil, chaos, and confusion that exists when I’m leaning into my anxieties and not trusting God’s will for my life. In the throes of psychic readings I lost my relationship and so much more because I put my faith in worldly things and listened like a fool when they said he was cheating. It’s ridiculous. Keep your peace, it’s hard to spread this information when people are waiting for outcomes to manifest and hoping that the person they love loves them. Moving closer to God has gotten my relationship back on track, it’s gotten me into therapy and a lot of other positive changes that can only happen when you really know him. Doreen was a pillar in the new age community and watching her testimony and others like her made me realize that none of this is for our good. I agree wholeheartedly as someone working on becoming a follower of Christ.

Same !  Love this

Offline Sincity2

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 01:26:33 PM »
Thought this would be helpful for those who have put readings behind them :

God warned His people, the Israelites, against divination when they were on the verge of entering the Promised Land. He lists divination among such evils as child sacrifice and casting spells in Deuteronomy 18:9–12. Leviticus 19:26 puts is succinctly: “Do not practice divination or seek omens.” Tarot card reading definitely falls within the scope of this prohibition. In some cases, tarot card reading can be guided by demons. In Acts 16, Paul meets a fortune teller, a slave, who earned her masters a lot of money by fortune-telling (verse 16). The Bible attributes her ability to having a demonic spirit, which Paul was able to cast out of her by the name of Jesus Christ (verse 18). The Bible does not mention the tools the slave girl used to tell the future, but, whether tea leaves or dice or lots or cards of some type, the items used in that context brought honor to demonic spirits.

The spiritual dimension of our world is real, and it is not to be taken lightly. The Bible tells us that Satan seeks to destroy us. “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Lions are not to be toyed with.

Offline Daisy573

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 04:27:05 PM »
Thought this would be helpful for those who have put readings behind them :

God warned His people, the Israelites, against divination when they were on the verge of entering the Promised Land. He lists divination among such evils as child sacrifice and casting spells in Deuteronomy 18:9–12. Leviticus 19:26 puts is succinctly: “Do not practice divination or seek omens.” Tarot card reading definitely falls within the scope of this prohibition. In some cases, tarot card reading can be guided by demons. In Acts 16, Paul meets a fortune teller, a slave, who earned her masters a lot of money by fortune-telling (verse 16). The Bible attributes her ability to having a demonic spirit, which Paul was able to cast out of her by the name of Jesus Christ (verse 18). The Bible does not mention the tools the slave girl used to tell the future, but, whether tea leaves or dice or lots or cards of some type, the items used in that context brought honor to demonic spirits.

The spiritual dimension of our world is real, and it is not to be taken lightly. The Bible tells us that Satan seeks to destroy us. “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Lions are not to be toyed with.

and many people think the bible is a bunch of gibberish written by man in an attempt to control others....so, so much for bible quotes.   This is like going into a bar and preaching to people not to drink.  Save the preaching for the AA meeting, not the bar.  Perhaps start a site specifically for what you are preaching and let those who want to find you, find you.... a psychic review site is not the place for this. 

Offline Mina

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 06:26:51 PM »
Apologies for being up old stuff
But I know some ppl will benefit from this

I would say this is the perfect place!

I really love this thread! Because of this thread I wanted to get back into this group because ppl should feel safe to speak up and ask these questions. I do see so many ppl having this spiritual battle inside and are seeking real discernment in what to believe. I honestly don’t know what that is, but I know I’m defining it and I’m not scared to speak about it.

I do listen to DV, and she often does interviews ”Jenn”… at first it was cause I was upset for her going Christian, and then it was to point out flaws in her logic, and then slowly she did make some points about the flaws in manifesting/self help/ new age. It can totally feel like brainwashing rat race! But as of now, To be brutally she does have some good points.

Something that just doesn’t fly with me is that I AM God, and with manifesting law of assumption groups get into this thinking.

I read the Bible, and I still get readings, but I just feel readings do pervert the soul. I think that is 💯 100 percent true. If I could give word my 2022 year that word is: discernment

Discernment to sit with myself and be still to hear God, and I think the Bible is spot on.

I found this channel:

https://youtu.be/v1OlyUZLIeE

Someone else who I like listening to is Melissa Dougherty (she was also interviewed with DV but is more in apologetics) but she often speak up against the new age.

https://youtu.be/Y8ZPDUPur6c

anything