Author Topic: I have now kicked the habit (many many thousands of dollars later)  (Read 3944 times)

Offline paperlantern2

Hi all,

I will keep this brief. I just wanted to come back and share that I was very deeply addicted to psychics and I am no longer. Over 2 or 3 years I am sure I spent many thousands of dollars--- more than I have the energy and fortitude to total up. In my post history you can see I talked to essentially everyone on Bitwine, many highly reputed IRL psychics, and well-renowned people on Keen (by the time I made it to Keen, I was only talking to carefully vetted names). Needless to say nothing they said ultimately came true. NOTHING they said ultimately came true. (I am very systematic and even had spreadsheets to keep track).

I have had some weird experiences and I have been surprised occasionally, but I think of those "hits" as basically the same as seeing shapes in the clouds: sometimes the shapes are clearly there, but it's a teeny tiny bit of signal in a lot of noise (imperfect metaphor). There is no way for us to really know what information is good and bad until way later (and in the fullness of time, it's always a lot less useful than you think it will be). Even people I personally believe to be skilled/gifted have been mostly totally totally wrong, especially on outcomes.

I was in therapy and still addicted to psychics. I think what helped me the most was changing therapists to someone who is a licensed LMSW and skilled. It is absolutely worth the investment in a good therapist. I feel so much, so so much better than I did when I was addicted to psychics.

There is hope!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:02:04 AM by paperlantern2 »

Offline 704Gemini

Re: I have now kicked the habit (many many thousands of dollars later)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 12:57:33 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing and providing much needed hope!

Offline HazelYella

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 11:32:01 PM »
Thank you for sharing. I am essentially done with readings as well. During my most recent call Diosa on Keen,, I advised her that I would be taking a break from readings, and focusing on healing and living my life. Diosa immediately started telling me things that she’d never said before in the three years I’ve read with her. To me, that screams that she’s taken advantage of me, my time, and my money.
Thankfully, her actions have been a wake up call for me to stop readings. And, if I choose
to have a reading at some point in the future, it will not be with her.
She’s only there for the money. No compassion or real integrity.

Offline HazelYella

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 01:07:41 AM »
Thank you for the reminder and kind words :-). There are ethical readers out there though. A different reader told me months ago to log off from Keen, and spend my money on pampering myself instead. I should have heeded her words then. But, better late than never…

What an awful experience. Karma is a bigger bitch than I could ever be. I believe there's a special place in hell for those that take advantage of people seeking help during painful periods in their lives. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Thank you for sharing. I am essentially done with readings as well. During my most recent call Diosa on Keen,, I advised her that I would be taking a break from readings, and focusing on healing and living my life. Diosa immediately started telling me things that she’d never said before in the three years I’ve read with her. To me, that screams that she’s taken advantage of me, my time, and my money.
Thankfully, her actions have been a wake up call for me to stop readings. And, if I choose

Offline HazelYella

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 05:23:14 AM »
Absolutely. While I don’t expect any real psychic to be accurate 100% of the time, what I do expect is to be given an honest account whenever I call…and not suddenly springing new information on me three years later, after I say I’m taking a break from readings. Clearly, she took advantage of me i during a very tough time, and made a last ditch effort to keep me calling back.

I completely agree that there's absolutely ethical and talented readers out there. That's why I value forums for people to share their experiences. There's such a glut of readers/healers/astrologers, etc. and not everyone works for everyone. Thank you for sharing your experience. Whether it's positive or negative reviews, the real speak helps us all to hone in on what resonates.

Thank you for the reminder and kind words :-). There are ethical readers out there though. A different reader told me months ago to log off from Keen, and spend my money on pampering myself instead. I should have heeded her words then. But, better late than never…

What an awful experience. Karma is a bigger bitch than I could ever be. I believe there's a special place in hell for those that take advantage of people seeking help during painful periods in their lives. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Offline Medium2

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 09:19:33 AM »
I think that is so awful when people take advantage of others in any situation. I think the online readers where you call in are 10x more expensive than most. Have you ever looked in to Suzanne Geisemann? She has an amazing approach to intuitive work, a lot of free stuff on YouTube and has taught me how to be a medium myself.

Offline Frideswide

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 12:39:02 AM »
I notice I go through phases, related to anxiety. There will be months or years before I consult a psychic, but as soon as I am facing uncertainty, I am ashamed to admit I will be going to one after the other. It is very very hard. I probably need Ativan, not psychics and it causes even more anxiety when they give you a negative outcome.

Offline HazelYella

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 06:11:37 AM »
I notice I go through phases, related to anxiety. There will be months or years before I consult a psychic, but as soon as I am facing uncertainty, I am ashamed to admit I will be going to one after the other. It is very very hard. I probably need Ativan, not psychics and it causes even more anxiety when they give you a negative outcome.

I’ve stopped readings for the most part. Maybe one here and there. But, it’s always with a new and relatively inexpensive reader. True, lots of readers fuel our anxiety. I once read with a storefront reader everyday for a week, and her predictions/vision changed each day. She blurted out things that triggered my anxiety, and often contradicted herself. She was key to me kicking the addiction.

Offline Chocolate

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 03:30:11 PM »
Paperlantern2 - thanks for posting and giving me hope that I can also kick the habit. I really wanted a reading today but I went out instead to distract myself.