Author Topic: For Entertainment purposes Only - you weren’t scammed  (Read 6681 times)

Offline sunshineluv7

• Psychic Callers Anonymous Support Board
For Entertainment purposes Only - you weren’t scammed
« on: February 17, 2021, 05:30:02 PM »
Lots of anger here lately - just a gentle reminder that every site has “for entertainment purposes only”. Any other business the fine print matters - just as it would here. That’s why psychics win most PayPal claims. It’s all very specific that you are paying for time, not an outcome or an outcome within a specific timeframe.

They don’t claim to be “real”. That’s up to you whether you believe or not. So a bit unfair to claim “scam” for choosing to engage.

I think the immediacy and anonymity is nice when we really want someone to talk to, not once every two weeks for an hour like regular therapy. And yes, you pay for it.

It’s only truly a scam if you start spending thousands on spells to make them come back to you and then the reader keeps saying “the energy isn’t strong enough, I have to add to it, which is $1000”

And then yes. You’ve been scammed if you think anyone has the power to do anything like that and it to end in favorable circumstances.

Offline jas

Re: For Entertainment purposes Only - you weren’t scammed
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 08:02:02 PM »
Hey Sunshine - I agree with you, it is nice to have someone to talk with at a moment's notice and someone you can confide in and say things you may not reveal to someone you know. 

I have absolutely had predictions come to pass that psychics told me. I don't think psychics work for anyone who is unstable, mentally ill or is filled with rage. 

That is my 2 cents in a nutshell.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:48:35 PM »
I also agree, somewhat.

That's why you shouldn't come to them about issues that are near and dear to your heart. But most people do and get invested....and psychics KNOW this lol and that's why people get angry..... bc of ethics. YES, its for entertainment but if 75% of your clients are calling about something that's a serious issue that's obviously causing them some mental torment why would you, as a psychic, keep leading them on when you have no earthly idea what you're talking about and honestly have no clue how their situation will play out? That's the issue. Also majority are scammers, I don't care what anyone says.

But yes, all in all, its for entertainment. Honestly if after every chat/call they were to say those exact words I think alot of ppl would stop contacting because it would sink in that it may be all bullshit. The platforms are ultimately having you spend money for their time, not accuracy lol.

Mostly agree with this. Being given given predictions that never come to fruition is one thing- it’s a gamble you choose to take.

However, if someone sells a service based on an ability that they claim to have, that they do not have and know that they don’t have- it’s a scam. It couldn’t meet the definition more neatly.

And it’s also unethical because the “for entertainment purposes” is blurred by the description of the service, the content of the readings, the advertisement and promotion, which is always contradictory. It is to dodge accountability and nothing more. They know why people are calling.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 09:37:33 PM »
Lots of anger here lately - just a gentle reminder that every site has “for entertainment purposes only”. Any other business the fine print matters - just as it would here. That’s why psychics win most PayPal claims. It’s all very specific that you are paying for time, not an outcome or an outcome within a specific timeframe.

They don’t claim to be “real”. That’s up to you whether you believe or not. So a bit unfair to claim “scam” for choosing to engage.

I think the immediacy and anonymity is nice when we really want someone to talk to, not once every two weeks for an hour like regular therapy. And yes, you pay for it.

It’s only truly a scam if you start spending thousands on spells to make them come back to you and then the reader keeps saying “the energy isn’t strong enough, I have to add to it, which is $1000”

And then yes. You’ve been scammed if you think anyone has the power to do anything like that and it to end in favorable circumstances.

I disagree with you 100%

1. If this for entertainment purposes only, please advertise as such. Say: "this is a circus with monkeys and clowns and come here for a show where you will be entertained and distracted for a little while".

2. 99% of them are not psychics at all. They know it and still play and advertise themselves as psychics (aka SCAM). How convenient to then say it is only for entertainment purposes, of course, only when the things they say don't happen, which never happen. This is exactly not taking any accountability and responsibility. SCAM again and predators.

3. If this is for entertainment then don't act like you are God and have a power that the rest of mortals (aka customers) don't have. Don't claim that you see the future, the timings and so on. And yes, they do claim this.

4. Don't use excuses of all types to justify that things you say don't come to pass because they will never come to pass.

5. DO NOT MAKE MONEY OUT OF VULNERABLE PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WHO ARE HURTING because these are just predators preying on the vulnerable when they do know they have zero psychic abilities. If someone leaves the door of their car open and a thief steals from it you don't go blaming the car owner because of their mistake of leaving the door open. The guilty one is the thief for stealing. Well, if someone is vulnerable and hurting and goes to these SCAMMERS because they cannot see clearly and are being scammed unknowingly thinking that they will help them, the guilty one is the SCAMMER AND NOT THE VICTIM for believing.

6. Do NOT compare it to therapy because a therapist has to have credentials and qualifications AND YEARS OF STUDY and practice in order to be able to carry out their activities. They are PROFESSIONALS and not scammers who make money out of addicted people while sitting at home and inflating their bank account at the expense of vulnerable people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. If it is only entertainment DO NOT DARE STATE: "accurate readings that come to pass", "I guarantee accuracy"or "ALL my events happen" plus giving exact times and days for them happening. SCAM

Yes, they DO claim to be real, they claim anything and everything in between. And don't bee fooled and use "the entertainment" bit to excuse the bullshit. What an easy way out, which again translates into complete and utter lack of accountability and responsibility.

YES, YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED. Because these people are so low that they cannot make a living in any other way. An easy and comfortable way of making money while sitting at home while uttering lies and bullshit while calling themselves psychics!!!! SCAM

No one is taking a gun to your head and forcing you to pay them and keep paying them and going back to them.  Many state for entertainment, read the fine print. Us at your own risk.  stop blaming others for your actions, no one forces you to get readings, you make that choice. If you are a mentally sound adult then you know the difference, you can decide for yourself what is real and isn't and chose not to spend money on it.
Please stop blaming everyone for your choices, for some it is therapy, they may need an understanding ear, or hope. Maybe it just what they need to get through till the next day.  You're not a victim, you're an abled minded adult making adult decisions, you know what the industry is, if you continue it, then there's no one to blame but yourself.  If you don't stop , thats on no one but you.

Offline curiouspsychicreadings

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 11:35:33 PM »
I agree 100% - there are truly gifted people out there and those pretending to be and "reading" people who are vulnerable and seeking advice and a future knowing should not be scammed... they should state I don't "connect" or I don't see this or I can't read on relationships/marriages/pregnancies like be a decent human at the end of the day, don't take peoples money and tell them bullshit stories, if anything tell them it won't work out and make them move on and if they do come back all the better my God!

I also agree, somewhat.

That's why you shouldn't come to them about issues that are near and dear to your heart. But most people do and get invested....and psychics KNOW this lol and that's why people get angry..... bc of ethics. YES, its for entertainment but if 75% of your clients are calling about something that's a serious issue that's obviously causing them some mental torment why would you, as a psychic, keep leading them on when you have no earthly idea what you're talking about and honestly have no clue how their situation will play out? That's the issue. Also majority are scammers, I don't care what anyone says.

But yes, all in all, its for entertainment. Honestly if after every chat/call they were to say those exact words I think alot of ppl would stop contacting because it would sink in that it may be all bullshit. The platforms are ultimately having you spend money for their time, not accuracy lol.

Mostly agree with this. Being given given predictions that never come to fruition is one thing- it’s a gamble you choose to take.

However, if someone sells a service based on an ability that they claim to have, that they do not have and know that they don’t have- it’s a scam. It couldn’t meet the definition more neatly.

And it’s also unethical because the “for entertainment purposes” is blurred by the description of the service, the content of the readings, the advertisement and promotion, which is always contradictory. It is to dodge accountability and nothing more. They know why people are calling.

Offline Anon

Re: For Entertainment purposes Only - you weren%u2019t scammed
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 12:08:34 PM »
I also agree, somewhat.

Mostly agree with this. Being given given predictions that never come to fruition is one thing- it%u2019s a gamble you choose to take.

However, if someone sells a service based on an ability that they claim to have, that they do not have and know that they don%u2019t have- it%u2019s a scam. It couldn%u2019t meet the definition more neatly.

And it%u2019s also unethical because the %u201Cfor entertainment purposes%u201D is blurred by the description of the service, the content of the readings, the advertisement and promotion, which is always contradictory. It is to dodge accountability and nothing more. They know why people are calling.

Accurately put! Truthfromrosie + Johnson...after a while, the appetite to read just diminishes.

Offline court1130

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 12:52:56 PM »
Thank you for this, Sunshine! I couldn't agree more. You're essentially gambling your money away and more times than not, the house wins. If you're lucky, you'll come acrossed a reader that gets things right, but there's free will, energy changes, unforeseeable circumstances, and more often than not, frauds. So, utlimately, it's the client's responsibility to know what they're getting themselves into and to know that there is no absolute with psychics. I hold myself accountable for spending so much money on countless readers because, at the end of the day, it was decision!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:00:46 PM by court1130 »

Offline sunshineluv7

• Psychic Callers Anonymous Support Board
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 12:36:59 AM »
No problem.

I mean, at the end of the day it's an unregulated industry. If people choose to partake in it, you can't expect it to act like a regulated industry. Yes, there are going to be folks who are legitimately out of their minds claiming they are psychic (picture folks holding up "its the end of the world" signs) - they truly believe it, but most people would not. There are years and years of threads on review sites talking about how each and every psychic cost them money - and yet - people still call, write in, whatever.

If you do anything illegal at all, or use things outside of the way they are intended, then you can't be upset about results.

It does suck that people do tend to go for things they are really struggling with. It does suck that even the best readers who have real talent can be wrong. But at the end of the day. The real lesson is you should NEVER put your life in someone else's hands. When you can take a reading with "hey that would be cool" you're in a good spot.

The bad stuff happens when you are using readings as a way to delay GRIEF that badly needs to happen so that you can HEAL.

For example. Ex. When is he coming back? 2-3 months. Okay, 2-3 months go by/ Nothing, days start crawling, all o fa sudden you feel - the same way you felt at the breakup. Because you used the reading to skip over your grieving process. That is when people get the most upset at readings. When the grief they pushed off armed with "insider info" from psychics comes knocking back on their door when the timeline is up and nothing changed.

I'm with you. I wish I didn't spend what I had over the years, but I didn't have better coping skills. I had to learn a lot of things to move away from my "go to" to feel better in a heartbreak situation being talking to a psychic somehow. It may have hit my wallet HARD, but, it could have been worse. I can't blame psychics for existing. If it wasn't that, it would have been something else, I'm sure.

At the end of the day, it's escapism. Escaping from your current reality. Others use alcohol, drugs, sex, too much exercise, whatever, binge on netflix, oversleep, whatever.

But as far as it being a scam. I think it's only a scam when they promise results for doing work - e.g. gypsy scams. I don't think anyone truly believes "98% accuracy" - do we? DO WE?!?! Come on now.

Does that mean every place that has a sign that says "world's best coffee?" is also scamming us?! ;)

Offline Krullisepic

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 03:00:09 AM »
they say for entertainment purposes so they dont get sued ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you watch any of the keen, psychic ocean etc commercials they always say

Questions about if he is the one for you? Do you have real questions about your love life or you need help with life? At a crossroads about which direction to take?
Come to our psychics who can offer you real help, advice , and  guidance.

They target people who are more likely to be repeat customers of course. It is a business but as one psychic said, she had to quit because people were using their mortgage and car payment money to call her on repeat.   ;D

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 08:23:11 AM »
they say for entertainment purposes so they dont get sued ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you watch any of the keen, psychic ocean etc commercials they always say

Questions about if he is the one for you? Do you have real questions about your love life or you need help with life? At a crossroads about which direction to take?
Come to our psychics who can offer you real help, advice , and  guidance.

They target people who are more likely to be repeat customers of course. It is a business but as one psychic said, she had to quit because people were using their mortgage and car payment money to call her on repeat.   ;D

I do think that sometimes! Particularly when someone’s rate is eg 9.99 and the same people are leaving a review EVERYDAY, sometimes multiple time’s a day. I earn pretty well and that kind of expenditure would cripple me.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 09:44:32 AM »
Also, when I started this horrible business 4.5 years ago when I was broken into pieces, I had a psychic I trusted promise me that my ex POI would be back. She said it was so clear that she was able to promise. Yep, you guessed it, 4.5 years later and he has never even spoken to me ever again.

Very entertaining.

Offline Sincity2

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 12:13:18 PM »
Also, when I started this horrible business 4.5 years ago when I was broken into pieces, I had a psychic I trusted promise me that my ex POI would be back. She said it was so clear that she was able to promise. Yep, you guessed it, 4.5 years later and he has never even spoken to me ever again.

Very entertaining.

Same!  I haven’t spoken to the guy I used to call about for almost three years. I’m so embarrassed that I ever fell into this trap of spending all my money on this nonsense over a guy who wasn’t worth five cents!

Offline curiouspsychicreadings

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 01:01:59 PM »
Did any psychics say you would never hear from him again, just wondering if any of them a reputable enough that you trust now?

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 01:16:28 PM »

Very entertaining.

Same!  I haven’t spoken to the guy I used to call about for almost three years. I’m so embarrassed that I ever fell into this trap of spending all my money on this nonsense over a guy who wasn’t worth five cents!

I am more embarrassed that I called again about the next guy, and the next. I asked different people and checked them out on here more before reading… same thing happened.

Offline Truthfromrosie

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 01:22:56 PM »
Did any psychics say you would never hear from him again, just wondering if any of them a reputable enough that you trust now?

I am not sure that I recall anyone saying that. I read with about 50 and I think a few said we’d talk again but not reconcile. Only one person (Nicole Rivers PO) predicted that he would stay with the girl he got with next- they actually have a family, home, the works but EVERYONE else said short term for sure. Nicole also said we’d be friends again- I am blocked on Facebook to this day. Not because he’s still angry or anything, I am just such a non entity to him that it hasn’t occurred to him to unblock me. He hasn’t thought about me. My soulmate apparently.

anything