Author Topic: How much have you spent on Readings?  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Watercolors

Re: How much have you spent on Readings?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 09:12:01 AM »
Back when I went through my year-long binge, I racked up about $15K in credit card debt. For about five years, I was paying just over the monthly minimum payment and barely paying down the debt. Finally, I got serious and paid it all off this past year.

It wasn't just the huge amount of money, or the fact that I put it on credit cards with high interest rates, or the fact that I could have done better things with the money; what really bothered me was how, each month I was reminded of my stupidity and loss of sanity. How could I have been so out of control and such an idiot? How could I have paid so much money to talk to people I didn't like, nor respect, nor, really, got anything of value from?

Thankfully, it's done now.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 11:47:45 AM »
Back when I went through my year-long binge, I racked up about $15K in credit card debt. For about five years, I was paying just over the monthly minimum payment and barely paying down the debt. Finally, I got serious and paid it all off this past year.

It wasn't just the huge amount of money, or the fact that I put it on credit cards with high interest rates, or the fact that I could have done better things with the money; what really bothered me was how, each month I was reminded of my stupidity and loss of sanity. How could I have been so out of control and such an idiot? How could I have paid so much money to talk to people I didn't like, nor respect, nor, really, got anything of value from?

Thankfully, it's done now.

Congrats on paying off the debt. Thankfully I never spent more than I had but I drained my savings.

And God yes the binging where you call people just because they are available and then you hate yourself. The false hope that you don't even believe 10 minutes later.

Offline Kkbich2014

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »
30k easily especially when I tried California psychics and psychic source... they are over the top and not worth it... Never again.

Offline souls3@

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 07:46:53 AM »
The figures that you guys put up really awed me. But I understand why you did what you did..

There are times I also can’t control myself. The urge and desire to ease my mind. My reading with Kisha will be the last $$$ I will spend for Psychics for this year.

Offline russianred

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 02:57:41 AM »
I don't even want to know.  I know it's thousands over the last year, since I got hooked.

I also hate how penny wise and pound foolish I got ever since I started getting readings from platform sites.  Like I would drop a couple hundred dollars in a bad day using "seamless pay" but I'd be trying to cut corners in real-life expenses.  Or I used to be happy when I'd get a consignment store check for $200 or so, but now I just look at that as a drop in the bucket for a few readings.  Spending like I've been spending is totally unsustainable.

What bothers me the most right now is that I paid everything off from my winter binges using a balance transfer to a new zero-APR card so that I wouldn't have to pay interest, but in the last couple of weeks I racked up hundreds more dollars from talking to my most "trusted advisors" while feeling that something was off in my relationship.  I posted about this in another thread, but NOT ONE predicted an oncoming breakup and ALL of them just assuaged my fears and made excuses.  So not only did we break up but I paid a lot of money for no one to pick up on anything.

And yeah, if a future guy's actions prompt another cycle of calling where I feel that I need to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars to just keep my relationship afloat, I'm so done with him.

anything