Author Topic: Tumultuous times...  (Read 2679 times)

Offline court1130

Tumultuous times...
« on: September 15, 2020, 01:44:56 AM »
Anyone else just really going thru it right now and not having a good night or summer for that matter? I know 2020 has not been great for a number of reasons, but my personal life has also taken more hits than one. Needless to say, I'm sure many of us are looking forward to the end of this awful year; I know I am..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:50:15 AM by court1130 »

Offline PinkyD

Re: Tumultuous times...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 02:29:02 AM »
Anyone else just really going thru it right now and not having a good night or summer for that matter? I know 2020 has not been great for a number of reasons, but my personal life has also taken more hits than one. Needless to say, I'm sure many of us are looking forward to the end of this awful year; I know I am..

Me 🙋🏻‍♀️ But I feel like it’s not just 2020! 2019 was rough AF for me too, then lightened up during the last quarter. 2020 brought fire and brimstone to my life in so many ways! Lost my entire family, not to any tragic incident but they all turned against me and made me an outcast purely in the name of greed. I’ve always put family first so this downright ripped into me. My home, I had to leave because it just wasn’t safe for me with them anymore, I ended up in a nasty drawn out legal battle as well and they’re playing really dirty. This also put a lot of strain on my relationship and a lot of fights ensued as a result, I felt he didn’t fully understand the pressure that I was under. I probably spent most of 2020 in tears, crying myself to sleep, talking to the universe, just in limbo, lost and struggling. So I’ve just been praying for strength and clarity to make it past this rough point. I know when the clock strikes 12am on New Years it’s not going to dramatically reset my life and change anything but I’m writing all this because I want you to know that you’re not alone. I’m sure we’re not alone and there are others struggling just as much or god forbid worse. But we just have to be resilient and keep on our forward path. Sometimes these extremely rough times are periods where spiritual growth is needed, where we just have to stick it out, be tumbled by the wave but try our best to learn from the difficulties because we will be stronger from it. The thing I like to remember always is that the only constant in life is change, so, even if life may be on a negative trend right now, nothing stays the same forever and soon change must come! xx

Offline CancerBumble

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:43:38 PM »
I'm personally viewing 2020 as a wash. I'm not taking relationships seriously and just having fun. Who knows if the world is going to shut down again soon with the second wave. I'm viewing 2021 as a fresh start.

However, I have recently been feeling "blah". Not sad, but not happy. Just sort of in limbo. Sending you both love and feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to vent to <3

Offline court1130

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 10:53:37 PM »
Wow, thanks for sharing Pinky and Cancer! The world right now feels so imbalanced and I think it's affecting people on a personal level. Things are changing whether we like it or not and it's forcing some of us, me included, to re-evaluate our choices. I, too, feel stuck right now. My life went thru a total upheaval and I'm starting at square one again. I guess there's good and bad connected to that, so I'll take it one day at a time. Anyway, I'm here for you guys, too, and you can PM me anytime. 😊

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 12:39:41 AM »
Yup! The end of 2018 sucked because my and my boyfriend went through a breakup. A few months later in early 2019 my brother passed away so I had a rough time dealing with that most of the year. My boyfriend and I also got back together in 2019 but we still had a bunch of bumps in the road so 2019 was rocky for me. This year started off fantastic though, and things were doing a 180 - I was finally happy for the first time in a long time and then all this happened. Thankfully my boyfriend and I are still together and I have a job, but this year also took so much from me. I was sad when this all happened, but now I'm livid with how China hid this for months, and then our own government has been incompetent from the get go (both federal and locally). I had SO much planned that has now fallen through - things that can't be picked up and resumed next year. On top of that my mental health took a beating. Our state opened, then closed, then opened again, but has closed once more and they haven't given us a date on when we can get back to normal. I'm a social person so not being able to be out and about or see my friends every weekend hasn't been easy. 2021 can't come fast enough.

Offline court1130

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 01:51:53 AM »
Yup! The end of 2018 sucked because my and my boyfriend went through a breakup. A few months later in early 2019 my brother passed away so I had a rough time dealing with that most of the year. My boyfriend and I also got back together in 2019 but we still had a bunch of bumps in the road so 2019 was rocky for me. This year started off fantastic though, and things were doing a 180 - I was finally happy for the first time in a long time and then all this happened. Thankfully my boyfriend and I are still together and I have a job, but this year also took so much from me. I was sad when this all happened, but now I'm livid with how China hid this for months, and then our own government has been incompetent from the get go (both federal and locally). I had SO much planned that has now fallen through - things that can't be picked up and resumed next year. On top of that my mental health took a beating. Our state opened, then closed, then opened again, but has closed once more and they haven't given us a date on when we can get back to normal. I'm a social person so not being able to be out and about or see my friends every weekend hasn't been easy. 2021 can't come fast enough.

Sydney, thanks sharing your story! I'm terribly sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I can empathize with how difficult that must've been for you because losing anyone close to you is so difficult, but family is the worst. Mental health is such a big topic of concern right now because living situations have changed and people, like you, are now having to adapt to a more reclusive lifestyle. Me, I'm used to it because I'm more of an introvert, but we are not meant to be couped up alone in our homes because we are social beings. I think everyone is struggling to some extent and 2020 just feels like a series of neverending trials and tribulations, on a global and personal level. Let's all put forth some positive energy out into the universe to manifest a better year ahead! And I said this to the other two posters, as well, but don't hesitate to PM me if you ever need anything!

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 12:40:30 AM »

Sydney, thanks sharing your story! I'm terribly sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I can empathize with how difficult that must've been for you because losing anyone close to you is so difficult, but family is the worst. Mental health is such a big topic of concern right now because living situations have changed and people, like you, are now having to adapt to a more reclusive lifestyle. Me, I'm used to it because I'm more of an introvert, but we are not meant to be couped up alone in our homes because we are social beings. I think everyone is struggling to some extent and 2020 just feels like a series of neverending trials and tribulations, on a global and personal level. Let's all put forth some positive energy out into the universe to manifest a better year ahead! And I said this to the other two posters, as well, but don't hesitate to PM me if you ever need anything!

Thank you, Court! That certainly means a lot ❤️