Author Topic: spiritualist reader ( Cookie) When was she dead wrong for you?  (Read 22405 times)

Offline Aaron0326

Re: spiritualist reader ( Cookie) When was she dead wrong for you?
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2023, 12:02:50 AM »
This was another thing that really confused me:

She picked up a third party but I’m so confused…she said it was a relationship, then a friendship, then someone he’s involved with, then not serious, then that they work together, then that she’s just someone he spends time with he doesn’t want a relationship. What? I’m so confused if anyone has had any experience w cookie totally screwing up third parties or misinformation of the nature of a third party lemme know

Like she was trying to hit all the bases?  That's what I found.  She spoke fast and said a lot.  And when I showed interest , she then narrowed in on it and provided details.  I think that she is a very good cold reader.

She's not a cold reader.  I've been reading with her for a long time and had AMAZING things happen that she has seen with no input from me. She has a real talent. She's not just reading based on what you say. It's just that now, she does need some lead in info to get flashes of what is ahead... however, if you are new to her, you could certinaly be fooled into thinking she is simply a cold reader.
Maybe not for you, but for me she was 100% a cold reader.  Her tidal wave of information thrown at at me was bound to hit on one aspect of my life, yet in this case she hit on absolutely nothing. .  When she said something about pregnancy I was aghast.  She paused for a second, i assume because she thought she hit on something I could relate to. She proceeded to flood with me with information about "a" pregnancy, I believe in hopes that something would stick.  What she didn't know was that a pregnancy was so far removed from anything in my life that she made me gasp. .. almost laugh.   I would never call her again, although she was very nice.

During my last reading with cookie, I experienced some of what you were saying. As someone who has a very high threshold for who I believe is genuine / who believes a number of the super popular readers here are cold readers however, I can say with full confidence that Cookie has an unbelievable gift.  She has told me things so highly specific and unusual that the mathematical odds of guessing them are impossible.
  Well then I am envious.  I wish i could same the same. She was a complete dud for me.  It's seems to be the same story over and over again in that not all the readers , regardless of how highly reviewed, work for everyone.

I read with her last night for the first time in probably 8 years. She again told me a handful of incredibly specific, detailed, and random things that are mathematically impossible to guess when you stack them up. Her popularity is a reflection of her ability to provide undeniable validation that she is psychic(for lack of better words).  I don't think she is very good at being able to take any question and provide you reliable information, but the insurance policy of those validations makes you take her words much more seriously. There are exceptionally few readers out there who can provide such shocking validation of their authenticity.  Realistically, there is also entertainment value in being able to talk to someone who can tell you such wildly specific things about your life.
Her readings have actually not been that helpful for me. The most startling things she has told me were things I already know and dont need help with.  The things she has been least helpful on are the topics I want insight on.  This is clearly a theme in her feedback. Ironically, I have found this to often be the case with readers who have proven an undeniable psychic ability - they dont seem to have control over what they see. The only other psychic who was as gifted as cookie for me was Sky on CP - she blew cookie out the water.  It was like God was whispering in her ear when we read together. I will never forget those readings for the rest of my life. She rarely fully addressed my questions, however. I was ok with it in her case though because she always told me things that I needed to hear.

I can appreciate your annoyance with Cookies readings when so many people here rave about her. I have had similar experiences with other readers that people here love. I cannot for the life of me understand the fuss over Mattie for example. I have read with her multiple times and they have been some of the most generic, cheesy, cold-read sounding minutes Ive ever burned money on. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:11:36 AM by Aaron0326 »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2023, 06:30:24 AM »
I read with her last night for the first time in probably 8 years. She again told me a handful of incredibly specific, detailed, and random things that are mathematically impossible to guess when you stack them up. Her popularity is a reflection of her ability to provide undeniable validation that she is psychic(for lack of better words).  I don't think she is very good at being able to take any question and provide you reliable information, but the insurance policy of those validations makes you take her words much more seriously. There are exceptionally few readers out there who can provide such shocking validation of their authenticity.  Realistically, there is also entertainment value in being able to talk to someone who can tell you such wildly specific things about your life.
Her readings have actually not been that helpful for me. The most startling things she has told me were things I already know and dont need help with.  The things she has been least helpful on are the topics I want insight on.  This is clearly a theme in her feedback. Ironically, I have found this to often be the case with readers who have proven an undeniable psychic ability - they dont seem to have control over what they see. The only other psychic who was as gifted as cookie for me was Sky on CP - she blew cookie out the water.  It was like God was whispering in her ear when we read together. I will never forget those readings for the rest of my life. She rarely fully addressed my questions, however. I was ok with it in her case though because she always told me things that I needed to hear.

I can appreciate your annoyance with Cookies readings when so many people here rave about her. I have had similar experiences with other readers that people here love. I cannot for the life of me understand the fuss over Mattie for example. I have read with her multiple times and they have been some of the most generic, cheesy, cold-read sounding minutes Ive ever burned money on.

I agree with your Cookie assessment. For many when they let her just read for them, she does pick up very specific things as if she goes into a trance but as soon as you ask her questions, it breaks the trance or whatever she does and she becomes repetitive. Almost like she has no control over what she says nor understands what she sees. She didn't work great for me and I've never understood her hype, waiting the long lines to get a reading, all of it, but I've moved on from her although I'll probably never figure it out.

Offline Aaron0326

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »

I agree with your Cookie assessment. For many when they let her just read for them, she does pick up very specific things as if she goes into a trance but as soon as you ask her questions, it breaks the trance or whatever she does and she becomes repetitive. Almost like she has no control over what she says nor understands what she sees. She didn't work great for me and I've never understood her hype, waiting the long lines to get a reading, all of it, but I've moved on from her although I'll probably never figure it out.

I can understand why so many ppl want to read with her to be fair. I knew her limitations when I answered that call the other night but I still jumped out of bed / out of a slumber hoping that one of those crazy validations she gives might actually answer a question I have. We typically call psychics with an element of doubt in the back of our heads about whether the reader has actual gifts.  Its much more motivating to speak with someone we truly believe is psychic, even if there's a good chance they wont answer the question.