Author Topic: Very angry over a potential job offering that never happened  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Wildheart81

In the city I live in we have several shops where you can get readings and or buy cards she other new age etc stuff. One place had been in business since 1997 but this year in Feb I believe they closed as the owner retired.

Flash forward to the spring and a neighbour lets me know a new store is opening and it is similar to the old one but one difference is they sell Indian clothing, trinkets etc.

I went in and introduced myself and explained I was a psychic medium etc. I do allot of different things. They were very friendly and said that I was the first person to come and see them and also that  they were looking for readers.

They said they would get back to me to arrange something for me so I could read a staff member of theirs. At this time they were open for business but didn’t have all of their stock in and the backroom where they would be having readings was not ready yet ( previously with the old store this was the owners office and readings were done in a small area off to the side of the front doors)

I waited and then to my surprise am alerted by friends that they are having a grand opening event tomorrow ( on the Saturday of last week) and on top of they hired two people one of whom was a former palm reader at the old store.  I was livid and I posted on their Facebook page how angry I was. Those people had not only been hired they had bookings all weekend. In my opinion that was very unexpected and felt like a stab in the back. I had left them my card when I visited them back in May. 

One of the owners messaged me to say that they didn’t have their system to book readings up and running till recently and things were hectic. They said sorry but then go after me for my intense post and said they won’t be hiring me and that they couldn’t understand my post over a misunderstanding.  (I was not going to work there anyway after what they did).

The reason I am so mad is that they never said they were going to bring back previous readers and
also that they forget about me but hire others. The new reader is the very kind I hate. A card reader who just interprets the meanings and gives you advice like think positive.

I sent them a message on Instagram asking if they do predictions etc and they said no because the future is fluid and then they rambled on about what they do. At 120.00 for an hour session I expect more then just card interpretations or advice.

It really hurt to be done dirty like that.  I was looking forward to hopefully having a business that would support me.

I had a horrible experience last year with a business now closed because they were shady and did nothing to promote me so I got little business. They expected me to do all my own work which is hard as I didn’t run their social media pages and they never advertised me ever.  I did on my own page but it can only do so much.

Offline jas

Re: Very angry over a potential job offering that never happened
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »
Sorry to hear this happened to you.  Have you though about joining Keen or California Psychics or any of the other on line sites? 

Offline njlady

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 12:23:34 AM »

I waited and then to my surprise am alerted by friends that they are having a grand opening event tomorrow ( on the Saturday of last week) and on top of they hired two people one of whom was a former palm reader at the old store.  I was livid and I posted on their Facebook page how angry I was. Those people had not only been hired they had bookings all weekend. In my opinion that was very unexpected and felt like a stab in the back. I had left them my card when I visited them back in May. 

One of the owners messaged me to say that they didn’t have their system to book readings up and running till recently and things were hectic. They said sorry but then go after me for my intense post and said they won’t be hiring me and that they couldn’t understand my post over a misunderstanding.  (I was not going to work there anyway after what they did).

The reason I am so mad is that they never said they were going to bring back previous readers and
also that they forget about me but hire others.

I'm sorry that you are having trouble marketing yourself, but WTF?  They were under no obligation to hire you and you didn't follow up with them. Angry rants on social media make you look bad and unprofessional, not them.  That's Marketing Basics 101.

Offline CancerBumble

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 05:19:27 PM »
I agree with @njlady. Ranting on social media makes others think you are negative and would be hesitant to read with that sort of energy.