Author Topic: Ruined my life  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Sparkle002

Re: Ruined my life
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 03:07:05 AM »
Yes this is LAW 10 of the 10 Laws of Readings - STAY IN REALITY AT ALL TIMES!!

Boy oh boy ive been there - delusional before. This was back in 2016 - whew it was crazy. Havent been there ever since.

10 LAWS OF READINGS: http://www.thepsychicreviews.com/forum/index.php/topic,5766.msg115405.html#msg115405

This is really important.    Psychics fill our heads with promises and fantasies and we go along with this.   I remember being totally obsessed with someone in my past and ringing psychics.  They told me that he was in love with me, he was going to want to have a relationship and I turned my life inside out and upside down to please him.   Only 2 people told me he was a waste of time and never going to give me anything, that he only wanted friendship.    Tha tis around 30 psychics I tried who all told me he was my guy and he was just shy, avoiding commitment, wanted space, nobody else in his life etc etc etc.  Even the so called big hitters had me thinking this guy loved me and I built this fantasy in my head and become so obsessed with him, more than I was before I actually called anyone.   On the face of it he was avoiding me, had said to others I was obsessed with him, had literally told me to stay away from him and what happened every psychic but 2 were right and they pointed out my low self esteem and that I was holding onto something I needed to let go of in order to be happy.    The guy and I lost contact years ago and I am embarrassed of the fool I made of myself because of psychics.  I now only take face value from people instead of making a fool of myself, I mean he was younger than me and although I am only in my 30's i twas still so shameful.   

Listen to yourself what you are being shown by someone and stop relying on others for your input, I am sure you would enjoy your life much more if you just lived with what was in front of you.

I mean the people I read with told me that this guy talked to others, I was raging with jealousy and my heart would palpate at the thought.

In reality if a man is talking to another - that other is welcome to them.   

So true! I suffered for a year due to this, trying to merge his actions with what the psychics were saying and making up things in my mind, contemplating about a lot of stuff rather than seeing things as they were and going with the present. Another advice i would like to give is and has been said many times here - to be in the moment. It is extremely tough to be in present but eventually that's the only truth. If he is not in your life, he is missed out on you, things might change in the future but you need to accept the current situation. I am still not over it completely but keeping this in mind really helps.

No matter what a psychic says, one always needs to look at what is actually happening as opposed to what we really want to happen. You'll start to merge things that aren't really realistic and conflate what a reader tells you into things that are not really there or were never happening in the first place. If it's in relation to a relationship just ask the SO so you'll know the truth instead of wondering where you at. It's harder in the short term, but more meaningful in the long term.

GREAT ADVICE !!! I HOPE EVERYONE SEES THIS !!!

Offline Angel22

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 03:08:19 AM »
So sorry you had to go through all this, I totally understand. In my case, he just ghosted me and I never got the closure. Now some people do say getting no closure is still an answer but I refuse to believe that. When you are talking to someone for 6 months, how can you just stop talking out of the blue. I guess most men work differently with emotions, I would never ever do that to someone. Just saying you are not interested is fine too but this is being selfish and self-centered because you want to avoid the confrontation and talk, is just not acceptable. I am also sometimes mad with myself as to why I can’t just let go and move on

@ Angel22 I feel all of this. I often wonder how he can live his life knowing that he absolutely destroyed someone time and time again. Me and my ex were on and off quite a bit and he would tell me that he feels terrible putting me through it but I never believed it. In my opinion if you felt bad about it once you wouldn’t do it a second or third time. Breakups happen but they don’t have to be terrible. I often think I’ll never “get over” this because my god I loved him with everything I had but despite all the good times I wish I could turn back time and never have met him. I don’t know how *most* men just shrug it off and just keep going.

Oh man! I could not agree more. When he first stopped responding to my texts, I went through similar pain and trauma. I checked his social media and he was vacationing somewhere. I could not make sense of it and the psychics use to tell me that whatever you see on the social media is never the truth, fed fantasies to me that he is sorting his life, etc. I am still unable to understand how can someone live their life so peacefully by making someone go through all the pain. All the psychics told me the same he is shy, scared of commitment, etc all the bs..Literally I use to get palpitations when someone mentioned there is another woman, and also the anxiety, stress, fatigue due to the readings. It has been a year now, I am in a better position and no longer in that anxiety phase yet sometimes it bothers, hurts and I still do cry sometimes. I really feel absolutely no one should go through this in their life. I wish I never met him, although I learnt many lessons but at the end I feel it was too much to go through and wonder if I could have learnt my life lessons some other way. But it is what it is and there is no other choice than accepting the situation. The final realisation was that all answers are within and everything ultimately comes down to self-love.

This is really important.    Psychics fill our heads with promises and fantasies and we go along with this.   I remember being totally obsessed with someone in my past and ringing psychics.  They told me that he was in love with me, he was going to want to have a relationship and I turned my life inside out and upside down to please him.   Only 2 people told me he was a waste of time and never going to give me anything, that he only wanted friendship.    Tha tis around 30 psychics I tried who all told me he was my guy and he was just shy, avoiding commitment, wanted space, nobody else in his life etc etc etc.  Even the so called big hitters had me thinking this guy loved me and I built this fantasy in my head and become so obsessed with him, more than I was before I actually called anyone.   On the face of it he was avoiding me, had said to others I was obsessed with him, had literally told me to stay away from him and what happened every psychic but 2 were right and they pointed out my low self esteem and that I was holding onto something I needed to let go of in order to be happy.    The guy and I lost contact years ago and I am embarrassed of the fool I made of myself because of psychics.  I now only take face value from people instead of making a fool of myself, I mean he was younger than me and although I am only in my 30's i twas still so shameful.   

Listen to yourself what you are being shown by someone and stop relying on others for your input, I am sure you would enjoy your life much more if you just lived with what was in front of you.

I mean the people I read with told me that this guy talked to others, I was raging with jealousy and my heart would palpate at the thought.

In reality if a man is talking to another - that other is welcome to them.   

So true! I suffered for a year due to this, trying to merge his actions with what the psychics were saying and making up things in my mind, contemplating about a lot of stuff rather than seeing things as they were and going with the present. Another advice i would like to give is and has been said many times here - to be in the moment. It is extremely tough to be in present but eventually that's the only truth. If he is not in your life, he is missed out on you, things might change in the future but you need to accept the current situation. I am still not over it completely but keeping this in mind really helps.

No matter what a psychic says, one always needs to look at what is actually happening as opposed to what we really want to happen. You'll start to merge things that aren't really realistic and conflate what a reader tells you into things that are not really there or were never happening in the first place. If it's in relation to a relationship just ask the SO so you'll know the truth instead of wondering where you at. It's harder in the short term, but more meaningful in the long term.

GREAT ADVICE !!! I HOPE EVERYONE SEES THIS !!!

Offline 704Gemini

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 04:38:19 AM »
Well, the good news is that you have taken the first step by acknowledging the problem - Bravo!

The bad news is that you are blaming the psychics.  I get it - been there, done that.  Stop blaming them - take responsibility - you can do this!!! 

Remember, baby steps.  Start slowly. 

I have a new way of tricking myself out of calling.  When I feel like picking up the phone and spending a quick $25 to $50 I log onto my credit card account and make a payment in that amount.  It's working, my balance is finally starting to come down.

OMG this could be a game changer - I've been trying little games like this with myself but more like rewards - this is so much better!  And of course ultimately WAY more rewarding.  Thank you so much for sharing!

Offline Cranberry88

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 11:10:21 AM »
try to have some break from readings, not completely thou but as you move on.
maybe its not the right time to hangout with friends at the moment but try to keep busy and away from readings.

I started thinking alot about this thread, and you not replying back to the posts here makes me even more worried.

PEACE !

Offline Jenjen

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 04:49:37 PM »
Well, the good news is that you have taken the first step by acknowledging the problem - Bravo!

The bad news is that you are blaming the psychics.  I get it - been there, done that.  Stop blaming them - take responsibility - you can do this!!! 

Remember, baby steps.  Start slowly. 

I have a new way of tricking myself out of calling.  When I feel like picking up the phone and spending a quick $25 to $50 I log onto my credit card account and make a payment in that amount.  It's working, my balance is finally starting to come down.

This is some seriously solid advice. I hope many of you follow this method! It will not only keep you from getting mundane readings or readings that temporarily make you feel better. If you don't have the credit card debt put it in a fund for something you want like a new car, vacation, or etc. You can apply it to other vices in life too. I need to do this with my makeup addiction now, hahah.
Did you s.ay makeup addiction, lol. Me too.
Hey I agrees with statement getting on the reading bus can be difficult to get off. Pace yourself. Pick Psychics that work for you. I have my favs. At times there will be a lot of newbies pop up that are fun to try especially on Psychic Source. It seems they come from other Psychic online like California psychic or Asknow or Keen. Omg! I have learned o much from thi forum...

Offline jhuskindle

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 05:23:03 PM »
The replies before me already mentioned it, but I sincerely hope you take their advice. This is a symptom, a trigger, not the source of your anxiety and pain.

1. Seems this falls under addiction, now that you know, you can combat it.
2. Seek therapy, this is only a symptom of underlying issues
3. It's not the psychics, this pain is coming from you, there are other people in the world that can have a reading and enjoy it for the possibilities, or preparations, and not take it too seriously and use them as a kind of tool, to help (if) things come to pass. I know I do, I dont get any fear anxiety or pain surrounding readings, in fact, I find them very helpful.

I prepare (if, say it says I may get kicked out of my area like we just sold the building and Leeann had mentioned there will come a day when I SUDDENLY need to move, I took this PRECAUTION to set things up in case it happened. It did. This did not negatively impact my life, I only took what precautions I would without going into an extreme.) with readings, but it took a long time to filter out the bad or cold readers or negative ones. Trust me I heard my SO was scum many times, it simply wasnt true.

I took into consideration it was true and looked into that possibility, then decided it wasn't accurate based on my real world experience. Normal people can do this. Or rather, mentally healthy people. I've been where you  have been in the throes of anxiety and pain, and I empathize, but I want to impress on you that life can be better. You can overcome this as an addiction and overcome your anxieties and fears. I truly hope you have access to a good therapist who can guide you through this. For now,try to quit. Acknowledge this as an addiction, that helps. And also realize this is from you, and in some way it sounds like you are deflecting onto them. No one goes into a psychic reading TRULY believing it. It isn't logical and seems impossible. This means that you justified the probability of it being real, and then used it as a trigger for your underlying anxieties. Its completely understandable ESPECIALLY  with the world as it is, so don't be hard on yourself about this, acknowledging is all it takes.

I am not going to give crappy cold readers or crappy negative readers a pass, but, you take the risk either direction by testing a reader. It's a GAMBLE until you find a reader with consistent results, and that gamble can be an addiction just like any gambling.

I wish the world wasnt full of cold readers or bad readers, but I also know that its human nature to prey on spiritual beliefs (and it lacks scientific backing, so its easy for them to be "psychics")

Offline jas

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 05:26:05 PM »
Thanks 704, Th3 and Smiley!

Making a payment on my credit card feels almost as good as a reading.  Here is a couple of tricks I have been using:

I will buy something I don't need, something totally useless to me, such as a stupid power tool.  I buy it as soon as I get paid and I put it to the side.  I keep it for 90 days and return it.  As soon as I have the money back I put it on my credit card.  The items are as much as $500 - that way I am not tempted to spend my money because it isn't in the bank.   I can't use my credit cards because I put them in a freezer bag with water and then froze them.  That way if I need the credit card for an emergency it is there.  You can't put it in the microwave to thaw because it will damage the card.  I know that one is stupid but it works for me.  This is a method that blocks my debit card and my credit card.

Offline Seeker23

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022, 07:11:24 AM »
Hey everyone.
I have been going to psychics for around 5 years. But more frequently for the past 2 years.
I can say, that I am delusional because of all these so called ''psychics'' my relationship have sadly been affected by this and I have hit rock bottom. I am now jealous, low self esteem, depressed and I have horrible anxiety + all the money I wasted on them. 

They have said things like that me and my boyfriend will break up (a year ago). that he wouls propose (last fall and some said this summer..) that I would get a job opportunity and that I would travel for work. NEVER HAPPEND. I just feel like I secretly believe them still (some of the predictions I am ''waiting on'') And it drives me insane. I feel Insane.

This have ruined my life.
I just keep crying, I feel like my relationship is over, like it's going down. Due to how much my brain have taken in and how delusional I have gotten. I just want to wake up from this night mare, I feel trapped and I don't know what to do anymore. I have even thought about taking my own life because I feel hopeless.

I have fed my brain with so many predictions and a lot of them have caused stress, worries and so on.

I now get super jealous, thinking that something bad will happen or that my boyfriend is bad or hiding things from me. Like I see him as a bad cruel person, in my dreams he cheats, i cheat, he breaks up with me, or he is just super cruel and flirts with other women and so on. I CAN'T ESCAPE IT EVEN WHILE I SLEEP. But he is the most caring loving guy.

And what I hate the most is probably how jealous I have become, how much I stare at what he stares at and how angry I get if he talks to a girl. It brings me down and It makes me feel like shit.

So, I don't understand why my brain keeps doing this to me!

I just feel super lost because, I don't know where to turn.
But I got to say that It's a real sad addiction and all these scammers are horrible.
I just don't wish this upon anyone else.

A lot of these people are not psychics. They get away with falsely representing themselves as psychics by the disclaimer, “entertainment purposes” and not held to the same ethics/standards or business standards of like any other business out there.

There are people out there that really do have a genuine gift, but some of the ones we run into, good Grief.

I, always, try to watch the wording and intro they give. Whenever, I see, “I am an intuitive”, I quickly pass them up.

Nine tenths of the population is an intuitive to a degree. Maybe, everyone should cash in on their intuition.

anything